PDA

View Full Version : Everyone needs to get a grip!

whitesox_09
04-23-2009, 10:29 PM
The talk of Ramirez getting bumped for Nix, all the Anderson bashing, etc...it is ridiculous. The top of the line up is strong, period. Alexei WILL be fine. He started slow last year and will improve as the year goes on. The fact that he is our 8th hitter and he has such TREMENDOUS potential means that the line up is stacked. In terms of BA, he is our 9th hitter! People need to recognize that. He is there for his defense where he has always been steady. If he starts to hit, that's only a plus. If Colon has a .500 type year and Contreras picks it up just a bit, this team will be in contention the entire year. The team just finished their first road trip of the year and is .5 out of first. Things are very good!

Konerko05
04-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Huh?

It's extremely relaxed around here for WSI standards.

BadBobbyJenks
04-23-2009, 10:30 PM
You are obviously new. Welcome aboard.

doublem23
04-23-2009, 10:35 PM
The fireworks aren't even lit yet.

whitesox_09
04-23-2009, 10:35 PM
You are obviously new. Welcome aboard.

ha...you are right..i never post here but have always been a troll. i just honestly think this is a very competitive squad and it's hilarious viewing the schizophrenic nature of the posters...

Rohan
04-23-2009, 10:37 PM
I do agree with him to a certain extent...
Some people here at WSI do tend to blow things out of proportion. I think we've become accustomed to it as regular viewers/posters. But the negativity can be a little excessive at times.
But.. Get used to it.. :cool:

Rocky Soprano
04-23-2009, 10:43 PM
ha...you are right..i never post here but have always been a troll. i just honestly think this is a very competitive squad and it's hilarious viewing the schizophrenic nature of the posters...

A troll? Don't you mean a, lurker?

FielderJones
04-23-2009, 10:49 PM
ha...you are right..i never post here but have always been a troll.

I think the word you're looking for is :lurkers lurker

:welcome:

CLR01
04-23-2009, 10:49 PM
A troll? Don't you mean a, lurker?

Maybe he's just makin' it easy for us. :lol:

whitesox_09
04-23-2009, 10:51 PM
I think the word you're looking for is :lurkers lurker

:welcome:

It is what it is...that being said, it helps distinguishing the d-bags from everyone else pretty quickly

kevingrt
04-23-2009, 11:17 PM
The talk of Ramirez getting bumped for Nix, all the Anderson bashing, etc...it is ridiculous. The top of the line up is strong, period. Alexei WILL be fine. He started slow last year and will improve as the year goes on. The fact that he is our 8th hitter and he has such TREMENDOUS potential means that the line up is stacked. In terms of BA, he is our 9th hitter! People need to recognize that. He is there for his defense where he has always been steady. If he starts to hit, that's only a plus. If Colon has a .500 type year and Contreras picks it up just a bit, this team will be in contention the entire year. The team just finished their first road trip of the year and is .5 out of first. Things are very good!

Wait till the summer heats up. Your head will explode. But you are right for certain people.

soxinem1
04-23-2009, 11:20 PM
In the past several seasons, we have seen many posters believe:

Gavin Floyd not making the team last year as nothing more than a long reliever, and if Floyd didn't like it, he could be exposed through waivers.

The return of Aaron Rowand would be the biggest key to returning to the post-season.

Rowand's departure was the reason we didn't go back.

Manny Ramirez would be of no help to the White Sox lineup.

Freddy Garcia should have netted at least a defending Cy Young Award winner, MVP, best minor league prospect, and Rookie of the Year from any team wanting him in a trade.

Derek Jeter is a total scrub.

Nick Masset guaranteed a roster spot before throwing one pitch, and will be the cornerstone for every White Sox pitching staff for years to come.

Every writer for the Sun-Times, Tribune, ESPN, FOX, Sporting News, WOR, New York Times, and Sports Illustrated along with every sindicated sports columnist has it in for the White Sox.

Jerry Owens, Brandon McCarthy, Rob Mackowiak, and Kris Honel is enough to get Alex Rodriguez, and the team trading him here needs to pick up 80% of his salary as well.

Various and numerous players traded, sent to AAA, or released if they didn't have at least 30 RBI in their first 100 AB.

Every possible argument outlining the benefit of signing every player designated for assignment or released by the other 29 MLB teams.

markopat
04-24-2009, 09:30 AM
New or not 09...you are a quick study!

Welcome!

doublem23
04-24-2009, 09:41 AM

Well, if you bothered to read the thread about the Nix/Ramirez thing, you'd notice it wasn't being suggested by one of our posters, but just someone posting the inane ramblings of Joe Cowley, the Sun-Times' Sox beat writer.

mcfish
04-24-2009, 09:52 AM
In the past several seasons, we have seen many posters believe:

Gavin Floyd not making the team last year as nothing more than a long reliever, and if Floyd didn't like it, he could be exposed through waivers.

The return of Aaron Rowand would be the biggest key to returning to the post-season.

Rowand's departure was the reason we didn't go back.

Manny Ramirez would be of no help to the White Sox lineup.

Freddy Garcia should have netted at least a defending Cy Young Award winner, MVP, best minor league prospect, and Rookie of the Year from any team wanting him in a trade.

Derek Jeter is a total scrub.

Nick Masset guaranteed a roster spot before throwing one pitch, and will be the cornerstone for every White Sox pitching staff for years to come.

Every writer for the Sun-Times, Tribune, ESPN, FOX, Sporting News, WOR, New York Times, and Sports Illustrated along with every sindicated sports columnist has it in for the White Sox.

Jerry Owens, Brandon McCarthy, Rob Mackowiak, and Kris Honel is enough to get Alex Rodriguez, and the team trading him here needs to pick up 80% of his salary as well.

Various and numerous players traded, sent to AAA, or released if they didn't have at least 30 RBI in their first 100 AB.

Every possible argument outlining the benefit of signing every player designated for assignment or released by the other 29 MLB teams.
What are you trying to say? All of those things are perfectly valid arguments...

kittle42
04-24-2009, 10:08 AM

These are the best ones, if only because they are annual arguments (switch out the players on some of them, obviously).

I am far from an expert on anything sports-related - far from one. But between internet boards and radio call-ins, it never ceases to amaze me how many sports fans can watch their favorite sports day in and day out and still have no clue at all about those sports.

voodoochile
04-24-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm just confused on what I'm supposed to get a grip on. I grabbed my desk, but since it's not going anywhere, I just felt silly. The I grabbed my cat, but he got mad and scratched me then hid under the bed. I tried to hug the building manager when she came by to drop off a flier, but she first backed away then turned and fled. When the cops came I tried to hug them too, but ended up getting grabbed up by them and locked up for the night. I hugged myself very tightly in that little metal room and figured maybe that was what the OP meant, so since then I've been regularly gripping myself until the building manager came by again and caught me doing it (it's easy to sneak up on deaf people) and I'm now fearful I'll be spending more time in a little metal room and have been hugging my cat very tightly regardless of how loud he howls, hisses and wails.

Hopefully the Sox will win a bunch of games on the upcoming homestand and I can go back to not gripping things. Otherwise I fear I'll lose my mind...

TommyJohn
04-24-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm just confused on what I'm supposed to get a grip on. I grabbed my desk, but since it's not going anywhere, I just felt silly. The I grabbed my cat, but he got mad and scratched me then hid under the bed. I tried to hug the building manager when she came by to drop off a flier, but she first backed away then turned and fled. When the cops came I tried to hug them too, but ended up getting grabbed up by them and locked up for the night. I hugged myself very tightly in that little metal room and figured maybe that was what the OP meant, so since then I've been regularly gripping myself until the building manager came by again and caught me doing it (it's easy to sneak up on deaf people) and I'm now fearful I'll be spending more time in a little metal room and have been hugging my cat very tightly regardless of how loud he howls, hisses and wails.

Hopefully the Sox will win a bunch of games on the upcoming homestand and I can go back to not gripping things. Otherwise I fear I'll lose my mind...
I don't care if you grip yourself, just so as long as you didn't grip your cat by the tail....

doublem23
04-24-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't care if you grip yourself, just so as long as you didn't grip your cat by the tail....

Yeah, well, Ms. Doub and I gave our cat a bath last night and I can assure you trying to hold them down in a "humane" way resulted in numerous scratches and cuts and a Swiss cheesed t-shirt.

Should have gotten her declawed when she was younger.

asindc
04-24-2009, 10:52 AM
My favorite line through the years is, "No other team would play/trade/trade for/sign as FA/have on their major league roster [fill-in-the-blank player]." With that being so true, it is truly remarkable that the Sox have had any winning seasons under KW and Ozzie, much less any success.

kittle42
04-24-2009, 10:54 AM
My favorite line through the years is, "No other team would play/trade/trade for/sign as FA/have on their major league roster [fill-in-the-blank player]." With that being so true, it is truly remarkable that the Sox have had any winning seasons under KW and Ozzie, much less any success.

It's actually true for Jerry Owens, due to his waiver-clearing with min. salary.

asindc
04-24-2009, 10:59 AM
It's actually true for Jerry Owens, due to his waiver-clearing with min. salary.

I'm guessing that occurrence is not unique to the Sox.