PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Yuck 4/23 Postgame Thread

Sockinchisox
04-23-2009, 08:45 PM
I'd like to forget this one ever happened.

soltrain21
04-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Well I hope TCQ is okay.

Sockinchisox
04-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Cowley says Quentin seems fine and for now no X-Rays are needed.

BadBobbyJenks
I cant believe the Phillies were willing to eat almost all of Eaton's contract and Kenny Williams did not try and get him. He is like the Greg Maddux of 4th starters.

Teal you knuckleheads.

WhiteSox1983
How bad did quentin's injury look?

singapore_sling
All I care about is how bad TCQ's injury is :o:

soltrain21
04-23-2009, 08:55 PM
How bad did quentin's injury look?

Pretty good until his hand fell off and all the steroids shot out.

kruzer31
04-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Pretty good until his hand fell off and all the steroids shot out.

Not funny

BleacherBandit
04-23-2009, 09:00 PM
How'd we score the two runs?

BadBobbyJenks
04-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Rongey is saying Quentin is fine, no xrays required.

Lip Man 1
04-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Puts a damper on what was turning into a pretty good road trip.

Oh well.

Lip

Noneck
04-23-2009, 09:14 PM
I know its early but the 4 and 5 has to be addressed. These 2 aging, over the hill, injury prone vets are going to sink the ship. God forbid an injury occurs that shelves one of the 1, 2 or 3 for a month. Well weather looks real good for the weekend maybe if big crowds show up with empty stomachs something can be done to help this situation.

kruzer31
04-23-2009, 09:16 PM
I know its early but the 4 and 5 has to be addressed. These 2 aging, over the hill, injury prone vets are going to sink the ship. God forbid an injury occurs that shelves one of the 1, 2 or 3 for a month. Well weather looks real good for the weekend maybe if big crowds show up with empty stomachs something can be done to help this situation.

Ummm, Thome will be Thome....and when the final out of the season is made Dye will be .282, 34 HRs, 100 rbis

Noneck
04-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Ummm, Thome will be Thome....and when the final out of the season is made Dye will be .282, 34 HRs, 100 rbis
Sorry my friend. I was talking about the rotation. My mistake, I didn't clarify. I thought it was understood.

guillensdisciple
04-23-2009, 09:20 PM
This is the worst day as a Chicago sports fan as far back as I can remember. The Bulls pissed all over their own basketball floor, and the White Sox couldn't touch a horrible pitcher.

Sigh, if only I wanted the Cubs to lose as much as some of you do. That way I would have one victory tonight.

kruzer31
04-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Sorry my friend. I was talking about the rotation. My mistake, I didn't clarify. I thought it was understood.

My bad, i should have understood.

Woofer
04-23-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm disappointed in tonights loss, but a 5-4 roadtrip that involves 4 games in a dome should be regarded as a successful trip.

kruzer31
04-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Lets hope for a DET loss tonight and take both series at home.

G-Night all

slowlearner
04-23-2009, 09:35 PM

I agree with you that more likely than not the four and five are going to be a serious handicap this year. Problem is how to upgrade. I imagine there's 20+ teams out there that would be interested in strengthening the back end of their rotation, and there's nothing to be had, at least not this early in season. Any help in the is going to have to come in house, at least until the trade market starts heating up.

Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to giving Richard or someone from the minors a shot at 4 or 5 if things keep going this way (particularly with Jose), but doing that poses its own set of problems.

Bottom line, Jose and Colon are 4 and 5 for the foreseeable future.

asindc
04-23-2009, 09:54 PM
I just got back from the game. It was a bit chilly, but nothing anyone who plays home games in Chicago could not handle. It looked like our lineup was expecting something completely different from Eaton tonight. Oh well, this was a crappy series for me. Contreras, Guthrie, and Colon are on my fantasy team.:mad:

DSpivack
04-23-2009, 10:02 PM
I just got back from the game. It was a bit chilly, but nothing anyone who plays home games in Chicago could not handle. It looked like our lineup was expecting something completely different from Eaton tonight. Oh well, this was a crappy series for me. Contreras, Guthrie, and Colon are on my fantasy team.:mad:

Yeah, at least my tix were free tonight [O's birthday promo]. Eaton didn't look too great, but Sox hitters were fooled.

My warmest of 4 games thus far this season.

whitesox_09
04-23-2009, 10:16 PM
when the trade market opens up (and it will much sooner this year than years past) do we get someone to fill the rotation such as a nate robertson level pitcher, or go after a CF? Personally, I think pitching and that in-house we can make the adjustments in the OF but I am curious as to everyone Else's thoughts.

doublem23
04-23-2009, 10:17 PM
when the trade market opens up (and it will much sooner this year than years past) do we get someone to fill the rotation such as a nate robertson level pitcher, or go after a CF? Personally, I think pitching and that in-house we can make the adjustments in the OF but I am curious as to everyone Else's thoughts.

So far Anderson's been OK in CF, so I don't know if that's an absolute must but it's looking more and more like we might need another pitcher.

kittle42
04-23-2009, 10:19 PM

Pitcher.

Lip Man 1
04-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Asin:

Can you explain a little more what you mean when you say that it looked like the Sox were expecting something different tonight.

I get this image of a wrong advanced scouting report or the Sox themselves disregarding it and I'm asking for more clarification.

Lip

doublem23
04-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Asin:

Can you explain a little more what you mean when you say that it looked like the Sox were expecting something different tonight.

I get this image of a wrong advanced scouting report or the Sox themselves disregarding it and I'm asking for more clarification.

Lip

I think they were expecting Eaton to just not even try.

asindc
04-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Asin:

Lip

My impression was that our lineup was expecting a different game plan from Eaton. They seemed crossed up by his 89-90 fastball as if they only expected it on certain counts or something. Basically, it seemed that the advanced scouting did not match with the way Eaton pitched, and it took two turns through the lineup before adjustments were made. I thought Trembley took Eaton out exactly when he needed to, and it wasn't necessarily because Eaton was tiring. The Sox were starting to get dialed in on him.

DrCrawdad
04-23-2009, 11:34 PM
I was at the Tuesday game. I wish I had gone Wednesday instead. Glad in a way I didn't go tonight.

I didn't have a chance to post this in the post-game Tuesday as I didn't have internet access till tonight.

I ran into a quite a few Sox fans Tues. Sat next to a Sox fan from Iowa (I didn't know they raised Sox fans in Iowa) who is in the Navy. We were about 15 rows or so behind the Sox dugout.

A few comments about Orioles fans at the game that night. Lots of leather lungs out Tuesday. Behind the dugout there was a guy screaming the same stuff all night, it was modestly amusing the first few times but after I heard, "COX GET IN THE BOX!" 10 times it lost it's comedic impact. If the guy was drunk it wasn't from what he imbided at the game, as I didn't see him drink at all, but he was leaning all over the lady next to him who was not in his "group" if he was part of a group.

The last couple innings I sat in LF. Man, the guys there were all over Quentin. Glad he had a big night the next game. One guys idea of comedic insight was screaming, "CARLOS, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF HUGO CHAVEZ?"

Fortunately, the Orioles leather-lunged fans directly their taunts solely at the Sox and left me alone and honestly several were very friendly. On the way out two dudes asked me what I thought of the ballpark. I said that I think it's great and that I went to one game there last year too (when they played Oakland near the end of the season). They mentioned their love of the "old" ballparks. That puzzled me a bit but I think they confused the Sox and Cubs ballparks 'cos I don't think they were mocking the Cell.

After the Sox series in Tampa I thought the Sox would win 2 of 3 but then again I didn't realize that Contreras and Colon were pitching this series. Oh and BTW Contreras looked awful and the Sox fans I spoke with were all wondering why Ozzie stuck with Jose so long (one inning too long).

Frater Perdurabo
04-24-2009, 06:12 AM

So far Anderson's been OK in CF, so I don't know if that's an absolute must but it's looking more and more like we might need another pitcher.

Pitcher.

Pitcher(s): One starter, one reliever

SOXfnNlansing
04-24-2009, 06:30 AM
What a crap game. Glad I watched it in fast forward.

SoxGirl4Life
04-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Between the Bulls and the Sox, I didn't know which train wreck to watch. I should have gone shopping instead!

But, after Colon left, the bullpen shut down the O's down pretty nicely.

That's all I got. :tongue:

chisox77
04-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Getz led off the game with a hit. That was a positive.

markopat
04-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Painful to watch and a perfect name for this postgame thread! Let's go Sox!

palehozenychicty
04-24-2009, 10:07 AM
We get owned again by Adam Eaton. Adam Eaton. Oh well. :(: