PDA

View Full Version : JD-PK 300 Poster Giveaway

StrTrkker
04-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Just got this on my email. So those of you who area headed to Friday's game be on the lookout for this:

On Friday, April 24 at 7:11 p.m., the White Sox take on the Toronto Blue Jays, and the first 20,000 fans that enter U.S. Cellular Field will receive Jermaine Dye and Paul Konerko Back-to-Back 300 Home Run commemorative posters.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/email/y2009/hr_300_275x275.jpg

jabrch
04-23-2009, 02:24 PM
I want one...can't make the game.

If anyone has an extra, I'd be greatly appreciative...

kruzer31
04-23-2009, 02:25 PM
I can not make the game this friday and was wondering if anyone could help by somehow obtaining an extra poster they are giving away at the game of Konerko and Dyes 300th HRs. Please PM to work out a deal

Thanks so much, Jeff

doublem23
04-23-2009, 02:42 PM
I can not make the game this friday and was wondering if anyone could help by somehow obtaining an extra poster they are giving away at the game of Konerko and Dyes 300th HRs. Please PM to work out a deal

Thanks so much, Jeff

www.ebay.com

BainesHOF
04-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Mucho kudos to the Sox for this outstanding promotion. The poster is awesome! And it's big!

The only suggestion I'd make is that they should hand out the posters as you leave the park. I'm a collector so I thought ahead and brought a poster tube to protect mine during the game, but it's a shame how many got trashed over the course of the game.

amsteel
04-25-2009, 11:57 PM
They looked nice, but I got there a little late and didn't get one which was understandable, until I saw several people with 6-7 posters each. Lame.

JB98
04-26-2009, 01:07 AM
They looked nice, but I got there a little late and didn't get one which was understandable, until I saw several people with 6-7 posters each. Lame.

I entered at Gate 5, and the woman there actually asked me how many I wanted. I took only one, because I didn't really feel the need to take more.

It's a nice poster. Probably the only good thing that came from attending Friday night's game.

grenda12
04-26-2009, 03:42 AM
Mucho kudos to the Sox for this outstanding promotion. The poster is awesome! And it's big!

The only suggestion I'd make is that they should hand out the posters as you leave the park. I'm a collector so I thought ahead and brought a poster tube to protect mine during the game, but it's a shame how many got trashed over the course of the game.

I mentioned the same thing to my friend about them waiting to hand them out at the end of the game.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-26-2009, 09:23 AM
I mentioned the same thing to my friend about them waiting to hand them out at the end of the game.
They want to get people into the park as early as possible, buying concessions and souvenirs and whatnot. Handing the posters out at the end of the game doesn't accomplish that.

Woofer
04-26-2009, 09:51 AM
What I did was send my wife and kids into the park first, and had them hand the poster back to me to run it back to the car. Then we just had to carry 1 poster. As we walked in, a couple of guys gave their posters to us, said he didn't want to carry it all night. We saw plenty of beer soaked or ripped posters laying on the ground, which was a shame. We came home with 6 or seven all together, but most are spoken for with the other family members who wanted one.

parlaycard
04-26-2009, 12:04 PM
there are a few on ebay now, but theyre not cheap

cbone
04-26-2009, 02:03 PM
I wonder if they will send this out to season ticket holders. They sent me the Buehrle no hitter lithograph last year. I only have the weekend package.

soxfanreggie
04-26-2009, 05:41 PM
The poster looks very nice.

parlaycard
04-26-2009, 09:09 PM
I wonder if they will send this out to season ticket holders. They sent me the Buehrle no hitter lithograph last year. I only have the weekend package.

unlikely, as they would assume as a season ticket holder you were at the game.

cbone
04-27-2009, 06:28 AM

Not really, my plan is Saturday and Sunday only.

SOXfnNlansing
04-27-2009, 06:31 AM

They didn't send me a lithograph and I have the same package:scratch:

Alexei4president
04-27-2009, 10:29 AM
i have a few extra posters if anybody wants to shoot me a pm....just pay for shipping

DoubleO
04-27-2009, 10:48 AM
i have a few extra posters if anybody wants to shoot me a pm....just pay for shipping

I want one! PM Sent! Thanks!

ChicagoHoosier
04-27-2009, 02:49 PM

When I was a season ticket holder a few years ago, I received a package at the end of the season containing every promotional item they had given out that year. Not sure if they still do that since this poster must have inside information I'm not aware of.

DumpJerry
04-27-2009, 02:59 PM
The Majestic tee shirt shop is selling tee shirts honoring the event.