PDA

View Full Version : Today first pitch at Wrigley....

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-23-2009, 12:14 PM
I suggest that everyone tune into CSN for the first pitch at Wrigley today...should be an entertaining show....

:cool:

DaveIsHere
04-23-2009, 12:17 PM
I suggest that everyone tune into CSN for the first pitch at Wrigley today...should be an entertaining show....

Why would that be?

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Why would that be?

If I told ya it wouldn't be a total suprise...just trust me on this one if you want a good laugh....

white sox bill
04-23-2009, 12:31 PM
I saw that....yes it should be good!!

jabrch
04-23-2009, 12:50 PM
What is it?

soltrain21
04-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Or you could tell us, since, you know...people are at work and stuff.

Rdy2PlayBall
04-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Just tell us in white font so if we want to see it we can scroll over it to read.

I really don't want to have to watch the Cubs. Nah I'm just kidding about that, but I wont be home.

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-23-2009, 01:10 PM
A good friend of mine (the singer in my band) raised the most money for his High School fundraiser and the prize was throwing out the first pitch at today's game....

Trick is...he is a big time Sox fan...and he is going to make a scene...hopefully he doesn't chicken out....

SoxGirl4Life
04-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Yes, people at work want to know

Just saw.. should be good!

areilly
04-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Your friend, if he raises the spectacle I hope he does, is living out one of my dreams.

Make us proud out there, Mr. Fundraising Song Man.

kittle42
04-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Prediction: he chickens out because I guarantee they warn against this kind of stuff to anyone, and he'll be afraid because he's a kid, when in reality there are zero repercussions.

I really, really hope I am wrong, though, because I have *always* wanted to do something like this.

Text him now and tell him the adults say he has no issues.

The Milkman
04-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Dude's living my dream...

areilly
04-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Prediction: he chickens out because I guarantee they warn against this kind of stuff to anyone, and he'll be afraid because he's a kid, when in reality there are zero repercussions.

I really, really hope I am wrong, though, because I have *always* wanted to do something like this.

Text him now and tell him the adults say he has no issues.

Yeah, let him know that hard time in Cubbie Jail isn't really something you have to answer to future employers for.

doublem23
04-23-2009, 01:32 PM
From the NW Side? What high school?

EDIT: It's got to be St. Patrick, the annual trip to Wrigley is today (When I was there, we did it in the fall :geezer:).

Here's a fellow Shamrock & Sox fan pulling for him. :cool:

Rocky Soprano
04-23-2009, 01:43 PM
I really hope he doesn't chicken out!
I just logged in to my satellite provider to put the game on record.

Do they usually broadcast the first pitch?

Taliesinrk
04-23-2009, 01:43 PM
If this does happen, can someone post a link of the video here?

Mendoza Line
04-23-2009, 01:47 PM
I hope he goes through with it. He might have a new curse named after him!!

jabrch
04-23-2009, 01:57 PM
How funny...looking forward to hearing how this one plays out.

DumpJerry
04-23-2009, 02:01 PM
I hope nobody from the Cubs' Front Office lurks on here this morning.....

SOXPHILE
04-23-2009, 02:09 PM
I hope nobody from the Cubs' Front Office lurks on here this morning.....

Noooo...never. Never any Cubs fans or staff here. They don't care about the White Sox, remember ?

JohnTucker0814
04-23-2009, 02:13 PM
So did it happen?

kittle42
04-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah, let him know that hard time in Cubbie Jail isn't really something you have to answer to future employers for.

I have a hard, hard time believing:

1. Doing something like taking off the Cubs jersey to reveal a Sox jersey would get one thrown in ballpark jail.

2. Any such thing outside of a disorderly conduct arrest and conviction would ever have to be reported to a future employer.

Come on.

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-23-2009, 02:24 PM
yes he's from St. Pats....

Unfortunately some other student raised more money for the fundraiser TODAY...so he got to throw out the first pitch instead of my friend....

Sorry for the bug fuss bout nothing...I guess we can only dream haha....

SoxGirl4Life
04-23-2009, 02:25 PM

Unfortunately some other student raised more money for the fundraiser TODAY...so he got to throw out the first pitch instead of my friend....

i'm disappointed.

FielderJones
04-23-2009, 02:26 PM
This scam belongs in the Roadhouse right now ...

Taliesinrk
04-23-2009, 02:26 PM

Booooooo.......

Iwritecode
04-23-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm fairly certain there have been others that have gone out to the mound at Wrigley to throw out the first pitch and taken off their jacket/jersey to reveal some sort of Sox shirt underneath.

DSpivack
04-23-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm fairly certain there have been others that have gone out to the mound at Wrigley to throw out the first pitch and taken off their jacket/jersey to reveal some sort of Sox shirt underneath.

The best was Bob Uecker's 7th inning stretch.

areilly
04-23-2009, 02:43 PM
I have a hard, hard time believing:

1. Doing something like taking off the Cubs jersey to reveal a Sox jersey would get one thrown in ballpark jail.

2. Any such thing outside of a disorderly conduct arrest and conviction would ever have to be reported to a future employer.

Come on.

I think you may have misread my post, as I was being totally serious - I can't think of anything security at Wrigley could do about a guy being a jerk more serious than kicking him out of the ballpark, something I suspect a lot of Sox fans would wear as a point of pride. Bad taste, as they say, is not against the law.

Q: "Have you ever been convicted or entered a guilty plea for any felony?"
A: "No, but one time I gave the finger to section 130 at Wrigley Field and spent the afternoon in Lakeview Lockup."

That said, I have a few (Cub fan) friends who've been in the Cubbie Clink, and all have reported it as being a pretty entertaining time.

kittle42
04-23-2009, 02:55 PM
I think you may have misread my post, as I was being totally serious - I can't think of anything security at Wrigley could do about a guy being a jerk more serious than kicking him out of the ballpark, something I suspect a lot of Sox fans would wear as a point of pride. Bad taste, as they say, is not against the law.

Q: "Have you ever been convicted or entered a guilty plea for any felony?"
A: "No, but one time I gave the finger to section 130 at Wrigley Field and spent the afternoon in Lakeview Lockup."

That said, I have a few (Cub fan) friends who've been in the Cubbie Clink, and all have reported it as being a pretty entertaining time.

Now, I feel like an idiot. I should do some work instead of spending my time on WSI! Apologies for my misreading.

RadioheadRocks
04-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Wasn't April Fools like three weeks ago?