Sockinchisox
04-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Stud.

Frater Perdurabo
04-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Express joy here!

CLR01
04-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Anderson may be the best pure hitter this team has ever seen.

MeteorsSox4367
04-22-2009, 08:55 PM
When I drafted Danks for my fantasy league, I told one of my friends that Danks was going to win 20.

Great job by Danks, nice to see Fields hit a bomb. And I like the idea of Getz stealing bases.

johnnyg83
04-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Great bounceback ... now let's stay hungry and get Eaton.

oeo
04-22-2009, 08:56 PM

Of dolphins...

SoxGirl4Life
Johnny be Goooood!

I was kinda worried about the Sox during the day, then I kept remembering Danks was pitching tonight, and I'd get the warm fuzzies knowing we'd be ok.. :D:

ChiSox89
great start by danks and very productive day for getz:bandance::bandance::bandance:

DonnieDarko
Damn you, Getz. You're making me almost wish that Gordon Beckham doesn't come up from the minors. At this rate, you're going to make me forget about him entirely! *shakes fist*

Johnny be Goooood!

I was kinda worried about the Sox during the day, then I kept remembering Danks was pitching tonight, and I'd get the warm fuzzies knowing we'd be ok.. :D:

You too, eh? Isn't it nice having someone on the mound that you KNOW is going to very possibly win it for you? *sigh* I can't remember the last time I've had this feeling about a White Sox pitcher. If Kenny doesn't lock up Danks in the offseason (like it looks like he'll be doing), then there will be HELL to pay.

But that's down the road. For now, I'll enjoy the victory.

CLR01
Of dolphins...

and baseballs....:shrug:

johnnyg83
04-22-2009, 08:59 PM

and rainbows

Britt Burns
04-22-2009, 08:59 PM
If Getz, Fields, and Anderson keep playing like this we are going to win a whole ton of ballgames. 8-13 with 6 RBI today. Awesome.

And Danks rocks.

Frater Perdurabo
04-22-2009, 09:01 PM
So when is Bobby Jenks going to get any work? :tongue:

CashMan
04-22-2009, 09:02 PM
If Getz, Fields, and Anderson keep playing like this we are going to win a whole ton of ballgames. 8-13 with 6 RBI today. Awesome.

And Danks rocks.

With 3 starts under his belt this year, and an ERA under 1, when will he get national exposure?

oeo
04-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Why is tomorrow a night game? Who scheduled that crap?

guillensdisciple

Did you have a good 4/20 or something, because I am having trouble understanding this. You can't be serious. Getz is a better hitter than he is and this is his first year of experience. What?

BleacherBandit
So when is Bobby Jenks going to get any work? :tongue:

I can't remember the last time he pitched. Maybe I've just got a bad memory.

guillensdisciple
04-22-2009, 09:04 PM
I can't remember the last time he pitched. Maybe I've just got a bad memory.

Last start by Danks against the Rays.

central44
04-22-2009, 09:04 PM
With 3 starts under his belt this year, and an ERA under 1, when will he get national exposure?

When he gets a win over Boston or NY.

CLR01
04-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Did you have a good 4/20 or something, because I am having trouble understanding this. You can't be serious. Getz is a better hitter than he is and this is his first year of experience. What?

What does Monday have to do with ANderson being one of the elite hitters in the game?

guillensdisciple
04-22-2009, 09:07 PM
What does Monday have to do with ANderson being one of the elite hitters in the game?

Hahaha, okay, I'll stop.

JB98
04-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Nice game for both Fields and Getz. I'm encouraged by the performance of both those players these first 14 games.

Danks is solid.

cbone
04-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Great thread title! Go Sox! Solid all the way around.

oeo
04-22-2009, 09:10 PM

It's a shame Wise is on the All Star ballot. You guys better get on the write-ins.

SoxSpeed22
04-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Did you have a good 4/20 or something, because I am having trouble understanding this. You can't be serious. Getz is a better hitter than he is and this is his first year of experience. What?It's been a long-running joke for some time.
Good win, and even though I didn't see it, I think we've already won more games on WCIU than we did all of last year.

Woofer
04-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Great game tonight. Hitting and pitching both show up. Danks is unhittable so far. Win the series tomorrow.

DonnieDarko
04-22-2009, 09:12 PM
When he gets a win over Boston or NY.

Sad, but likely true. The nation isn't going to know much about Danks until the sacks o' crap at ESPN start falling over themselves that the Yankees or Red Sox could lose to a team that was projected to finish 3rd in their division. Ugh.

OR! Danks could also beat the Cubs (most likely by shutting them down). Third-largest fanbase in the nation will learn to FEAR the MIGHT that is JOHN DANKS...

...baby.

It's a shame Wise is on the All Star ballot. You guys better get on the write-ins.

...***? Seriously? That makes no sense...

october23sp
04-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Sad, but likely true. The nation isn't going to know much about Danks until the sacks o' crap at ESPN start falling over themselves that the Yankees or Red Sox could lose to a team that was projected to finish 3rd in their division. Ugh.

OR! Danks could also beat the Cubs (most likely by shutting them down). Third-largest fanbase in the nation will learn to FEAR the MIGHT that is JOHN DANKS...

...baby.

...***? Seriously? That makes no sense...

It's a joke.

Frater Perdurabo
04-22-2009, 09:16 PM

Yeah, to counter all the BA haters voting for Wise out of spite. :tongue:

kittle42
04-22-2009, 09:22 PM
People have a really, really hard time sensing sarcasm.

october23sp
04-22-2009, 09:24 PM

+1, I didn't post in the Gamethread much, but I was looking in at it for updates and you are correct.

DonnieDarko
04-22-2009, 09:26 PM
It's a joke

*shrug*

Outside of MLB Network, I haven't seen that much said on Danks that I can remember. Maybe I just catch ESPN at the wrong times?

Thatguyoverthere
04-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Johnny Danks is the mother****ing man. Our young guys dominated tonight. Awesome game.:cool:

guillensdisciple
04-22-2009, 09:33 PM

It's pretty difficult to pick up when you are not in front of the person.

Jeez:D:.

mccoydp
04-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Great game. Danks stuck it to the O's tonight. I'm really liking Getz and Fields at the top of the lineup. Good stuff. Keep it going tomorrow in the rubber match!

jabrch
04-22-2009, 09:37 PM
It's pretty difficult to pick up when you are not in front of the person.

Jeez:D:.

There's a reason why we use teal here.

guillensdisciple
04-22-2009, 09:38 PM
There's a reason why we use teal here.

But teal kills the sarcastic moment.

CLR01
04-22-2009, 09:39 PM

Write in what? This years game will already be Anderson vs. the rest of baseball.

Jjav829
04-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Johnny Danks is awesome. :gulp:

kittle42
04-22-2009, 09:40 PM

Actually, I agree. But it's easier than having to explain after three people jump on you for what they perceive to be non-sarcasm.

ramblinsoxfan11
04-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Great win tonight! I only saw the first inning but after I saw Danks pick off the runner at first then strike out the batter, I knew I could go to class without worry:D:

SoxFan1979
04-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Let's keep it going. GO SOX!

soxfan21
04-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Great win tonite, as others have said Getz and Feilds really showed what they are capable of tonite.

doublem23
04-22-2009, 10:22 PM

And this is why everytime someone rags on teal around here I want to stick my hands into my computer and strangle them.

:tealtutor:
Learn it, live it, love it.

kevingrt
04-22-2009, 10:33 PM
And this is why everytime someone rags on teal around here I want to stick my hands into my computer and strangle them.

:tealtutor:
Learn it, live it, love it.

Answer...

And as you know MM the best, liveliest discussions come from people that cannot sense obvious sarcasm. Well I should not use "best, liveliest" I should use most likely to go the the roadhouse.

Hitmen77
04-22-2009, 10:45 PM
John Danks

:worship:

Great games by Getz, Fields, and Anderson. If they can keep hitting and Alexei comes around, our lineup will look pretty solid.

oeo
04-22-2009, 10:47 PM
John Danks

:worship:

Great games by Getz, Fields, and Anderson. If they can keep hitting and Alexei comes around, our lineup will look pretty solid.

Solid? More like lethal.

palehozenychicty
04-22-2009, 11:08 PM
A good win tonight. We had it going. On to tomorrow.

oeo
04-22-2009, 11:51 PM
BBTN talking up Danks...got his own little segment going over each one of his pitches. Getz got a little love, too. No mention of Brian Anderson, however.

DonnieDarko
04-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Bbtn?

oeo
04-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Bbtn?

Baseball Tonight

DonnieDarko
04-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Ah. Thanks. The segment's over then, I take it.

oeo
04-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Ah. Thanks. The segment's over then, I take it.

Yeah. They didn't say anything Sox fans already know: Danks is one of the better young lefties in the game and a big year is in front of him. It's just nice to see him get that national exposure.

voodoochile
04-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Solid? More like lethal.

There it is...

Sox are scoring 5.2 runs per game at present. I'll take that and take my chances, but I could see it going higher as the season progresses. If Getz and Fields continue to hit, this lineup is loaded.

I actually thought Getz deserved the PTC tonight for setting the table so well for Fields, but Fields had himself a game too. After driving that ball the other way for a long out last night, I thought he might be getting ready to go back on a tear. Hope it keeps up.

Because of the rainout, the Sox are guaranteed a winning road trip. Time to get greedy...

GO SOX!!!

:)

:supernana:

slavko
04-23-2009, 12:26 AM
Johnny Danks is awesome. :gulp:

Ace? Potential ace? When will we know? When is it safe to say? Got some guys who can run AND play baseball in there. Speed is a bonus with Fields you don't think of much. And they're our own guys. And more on the farm. Starting to look like a baseball operation.

JD made the top 5 for loping back to catch a flyball at you or me speed and crashing. I love the guy, but that's too much.

guillensdisciple
04-23-2009, 12:26 AM
There it is...

Sox are scoring 5.2 runs per game at present. I'll take that and take my chances, but I could see it going higher as the season progresses. If Getz and Fields continue to hit, this lineup is loaded.

I actually thought Getz deserved the PTC tonight for setting the table so well for Fields, but Fields had himself a game too. After driving that ball the other way for a long out last night, I thought he might be getting ready to go back on a tear. Hope it keeps up.

Because of the rainout, the Sox are guaranteed a winning road trip. Time to get greedy...

GO SOX!!!

:)

:supernana:

I think this team has the chance to runaway with the Division if they want to. At our best, we are stacked in every asset of the game. With the young players hitting well, the veterans doing what they do, and the pitching doing what it is supposed to be doing I don't see why we shouldn't see this team as a runaway train in this division.

We are putting a hurting on some teams, and we have done it to some good pitching when we played the Rays and the Twinkies. We just need that 4 or 5 game winning streak to set us a distant amount over .500. From there getting a game over .500 every week shouldn't be a problem.

At full throttle this team should scare many other teams in the majors, and if we make the playoffs, and have this team clicking the way I hope it will be, we can expect some new banners and hardware at the Cell come opening day 2010.

DonnieDarko
04-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Call me a pessimist...but I'm quite pessimistic about the upcoming series. The Blue Jays are apparently not a joke. And on one of those days we have Contreras going against...Holliday. If we take 2 out of 3 in this upcoming series, I'll be both surprised and overjoyed.

...then again, we're hitting the ball well lately. We'll have to wait and see, as always.

I think this team has the chance to runaway with the Division if they want to. At our best, we are stacked in every asset of the game. With the young players hitting well, the veterans doing what they do, and the pitching doing what it is supposed to be doing I don't see why we shouldn't see this team as a runaway train in this division.

I dunno, dude. KC's pitching staff has been fantastic for the most part, the Tigers are showing signs of life within their own pitching staff and have that DEADLY offense...Cleveland MIGHT have a shot if their pitching can pull itself together, and I honestly think that unless the Twins can be written off for the most part.

So I see it as between the Sox, Detroit and KC. We usually do well against Detroit, but for some reason we always seem to have problems with KC. I don't know why...

DirtySox
04-23-2009, 12:30 AM
Danks getting love from BBTN and from opposing players (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-23-white-sox-chicago-apr23,0,2932121.story) today:

Aubrey Huff says Danks is far underrated as a pitcher, and compares his changeup to Johan Santana's. That's some high praise.

doublem23
04-23-2009, 12:37 AM
Danks getting love from BBTN and from opposing players (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-23-white-sox-chicago-apr23,0,2932121.story) today:

Aubrey Huff says Danks is far underrated as a pitcher, and compares his changeup to Johan Santana's. That's some high praise.

FWIW, Kansas City started 9-6 last year, too. They're 8-6 right now.

DonnieDarko
04-23-2009, 12:40 AM

...no kidding. Wouldn't that be something, though? If we could get the next Johan Santana? Heh.

BadBobbyJenks
04-23-2009, 12:42 AM
Anderson talk?

I am pretty sure Getz is destined to go down as one of the greatest lead off hitters in the history of baseball.

guillensdisciple
04-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Call me a pessimist...but I'm quite pessimistic about the upcoming series. The Blue Jays are apparently not a joke. And on one of those days we have Contreras going against...Holliday. If we take 2 out of 3 in this upcoming series, I'll be both surprised and overjoyed.

...then again, we're hitting the ball well lately. We'll have to wait and see, as always.

I dunno, dude. KC's pitching staff has been fantastic for the most part, the Tigers are showing signs of life within their own pitching staff and have that DEADLY offense...Cleveland MIGHT have a shot if their pitching can pull itself together, and I honestly think that unless the Twins can be written off for the most part.

So I see it as between the Sox, Detroit and KC. We usually do well against Detroit, but for some reason we always seem to have problems with KC. I don't know why...

I choose to be over optimistic. It has been a while since I have seen such a balanced White Sox team. To tell you the truth, that is why we should and can run away. We have the ability to beat teams with our hitting and our pitching, and the rest of the teams in the division are VERY deficient in one category. Kansas City- Hitting, Detroit- Pitching (way deficient), Cleveland- Pitching (bullpen is horrible as well as everyone after Cliff Lee in the starting rotation), Minnesota- They are balanced, but it is a weak balance. They don't have any specific thing that you can point to and say "wow". The White Sox have shown us that we can excel in major categories because we can mash, and we can pitch.
So far, the way it has been, I really think this team has the chance to do something special. If Ozzie doesn't win Coach of the Year and Kenny G.M of the Year (assuming the Sox win the division with 94 wins), someone needs to get karate chopped.

oeo
04-23-2009, 12:46 AM
Anderson talk?

I am pretty sure Getz is destined to go down as one of the greatest lead off hitters in the history of baseball.

What is this even in response to?

doublem23
04-23-2009, 01:06 AM
He's going to win a Cy Young Award at least once before his career is over.

Konerko05
04-23-2009, 01:27 AM

Greinke and Danks are going to be fighting it out for a while. They are both studs who are only going to get better.

This is why I have both pitchers on my fantasy team.

HomeFish
04-23-2009, 01:36 AM

Before realizing that this was about Danks, I thought it was a sarcastic reply to the guy who claimed that Getz would become one of the greatest leadoff hitters in history.

Boondock Saint
04-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Ace? Potential ace? When will we know? When is it safe to say? Got some guys who can run AND play baseball in there. Speed is a bonus with Fields you don't think of much. And they're our own guys. And more on the farm. Starting to look like a baseball operation.

JD made the top 5 for loping back to catch a flyball at you or me speed and crashing. I love the guy, but that's too much.

I've been telling my friends that he'll be our ace by the all star break since before the season started. He's going beyond that right now. He is our ace as of today. If he keeps this up, he could be taking home a Cy Young this year.

BadBobbyJenks
04-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Before realizing that this was about Danks, I thought it was a sarcastic reply to the guy who claimed that Getz would become one of the greatest leadoff hitters in history.

Which was a sarcastic reply to the Anderson stuff, I don't believe Getz will be Ricky Henderson.

cws05champ
04-23-2009, 08:54 AM
I was watching the O's broadcast and Buck Martinez(who I like and respect) said that Danks is a good young pitcher, and he may soon be getting ot the level of a pitcher like John Lester.

Never mind the fact that last year they had similar ERA's, Danks had more K's(in 15 less IP), and better peripherals(K/BB, K/9, Opponents AVG and OBP) almost all the way around. Lester performed deep into the playoffs in 2007 and plays for ESPN's favorite team. It really irks me that the perception is that Lester is the best young Lefty in the game and they don't mention anyone else.

Anywho...great game last night. I'm excited about Getz and Fields so far, and Alexei, while still swinging from his heels, looks like he's starting to improve.

asindc
04-23-2009, 08:55 AM

ON MLB Network before the game, the analysts were gushing about Danks, saying he is one of the best young pitchers in all of baseball.

CashMan
04-23-2009, 08:59 AM
I was watching the O's broadcast and Buck Martinez(who I like and respect) said that Danks is a good young pitcher, and he may soon be getting ot the level of a pitcher like John Lester.

Never mind the fact that last year they had similar ERA's, Danks had more K's(in 15 less IP), and better peripherals(K/BB, K/9, Opponents AVG and OBP) almost all the way around. Lester performed deep into the playoffs in 2007 and plays for ESPN's favorite team. It really irks me that the perception is that Lester is the best young Lefty in the game and they don't mention anyone else.

Anywho...great game last night. I'm excited about Getz and Fields so far, and Alexei, while still swinging from his heels, looks like he's starting to improve.

I think Lester is good, doesn't he has a no no under his belt?

oeo
04-23-2009, 09:09 AM

Who cares about the no hitter? A bad pitcher can be good/lucky on any given day.

I think the biggest problem is that Martinez said Danks is almost to Lester's level. That's a joke. Danks had a similar year in 2008 (both breakout years) and is one year younger to boot.

cws05champ
04-23-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm not saying he isn't good...I'm saying Lester gets hype when Danks is just as good or may be becoming better.

CashMan
04-23-2009, 09:16 AM
I'm not saying he isn't good...I'm saying Lester gets hype when Danks is just as good or may be becoming better.

Ohh no no no, I agree with you, I think it was an insult. I was just curious as to if he had a no no under his belt.

kittle42
04-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Call me a pessimist...but I'm quite pessimistic about the upcoming series. The Blue Jays are apparently not a joke. And on one of those days we have Contreras going against...Holliday.

If Matt Holliday is pitching for the Jays, I'll be pretty happy.

doublem23
04-23-2009, 09:35 AM
If Matt Holliday is pitching for the Jays, I'll be pretty happy.

I don't know, Swisher had a scoreless inning last week, maybe outfielders are the next great untapped well of pitching talent.

:stirpot:

angiew
04-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Great game!!! Excellent to see Josh hit his first HR. Dear Lord, PLEASE let them play this well when I get to go to my one and only game of the year next Friday in Texas:praying: This is the 3rd year we've gone down to watch and they lost the last 2. My brother, the Ranger fan, and his wife are going with us and I'd really like to stick a foot up his ass with a big fat nasty win like last night!:bandance:

LoveYourSuit
04-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Great game!!! Excellent to see Josh hit his first HR. Dear Lord, PLEASE let them play this well when I get to go to my one and only game of the year next Friday in Texas:praying: This is the 3rd year we've gone down to watch and they lost the last 2. My brother, the Ranger fan, and his wife are going with us and I'd really like to stick a foot up his ass with a big fat nasty win like last night!:bandance:

I think you should just do it regardless. :tongue:

doublem23
04-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Obviously this is not going to stick, but his ERA+ is 544. To put this in perspective, the best ERA+ in the modern era (1901-pres.) was Pedro Martinez's 291 when he had that ridiculous year in 2000.

DonnieDarko
04-23-2009, 11:47 AM
I don't know, Swisher had a scoreless inning last week, maybe outfielders are the next great untapped well of pitching talent.

:stirpot:

...dammit, I knew I got his name wrong. It's Halliday, isn't it? >_>

doublem23
04-23-2009, 11:59 AM
...dammit, I knew I got his name wrong. It's Halliday, isn't it? >_>

Halladay

DonnieDarko
04-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Halladay

i neid 2 lrn 2 spl

BadBobbyJenks
04-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Who cares about the no hitter? A bad pitcher can be good/lucky on any given day.

I think the biggest problem is that Martinez said Danks is almost to Lester's level. That's a joke. Danks had a similar year in 2008 (both breakout years) and is one year younger to boot.

It is a good point when you look at the numbers, the only real difference besides innings pitched is run support.

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/historical/player_stats.jsp?statType=2&teamPosCode=All&HS=true&HS=true&timeFrame=null&c_id=mlb&readBoxes=true&section2=1&timeSubFrame=2008&prevPage2=1&compare.y=6&sortByStat=W&baseballScope=mlb&HS=true&compare.x=&box1=XXXX433579chaX&box2=XXXX452657bosX&statSet2=1