PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Balloting Underway

Sockinchisox
04-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Vote if you want.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090420&content_id=4352132&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb&partnerId=rss_mlb

kittle42
04-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Stupid MLB and its all-star crap. Because clearly, we know who is deserving on April 22!

esbrechtel
04-22-2009, 03:22 PM
It seems earlier and earlier every year...

TealTank
04-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Stupid MLB and its all-star crap. Because clearly, we know who is deserving on April 22!

All MLB is trying to do is to get fans involved. Why get upset about it? So what if a player doesn't deserve to be on the team. It happens every year.

So it is a popularity contest. It is about the fans, fans who pay good money for tickets to the games, buy the products advertised, etc.

JermaineDye05
04-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Good to see that TCQ is actually on the ballot this time.

BA isn't and Dewayne Wise is.

:hawk

"MLB.com, are you nuts?!?! That is total BS."

ewokpelts
04-22-2009, 03:36 PM
The cardinals, the host team, have a home stand right now. Voting launches when the host team is in thier 2nd homestand of the year. Ballots wont be @ the cell til early may. Host city get paper ballots first.

This happens EVERY year.

VenturaFan23
04-22-2009, 03:37 PM
I would love to see my guy Longoria start ahead of ARod, but sadly that won't happen anytime soon.

esbrechtel
04-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Vote early and often!

TDog
04-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm surprised no one from the grammar/usage police has pointed out that "underway" is one word only when it is used in a limited nautical sense, and that MLB All-Star voting is, in fact, under way.

sox102
04-22-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm surprised no one from the grammar/usage police has pointed out that "underway" is one word only when it is used in a limited nautical sense, and that MLB All-Star voting is, in fact, under way.

:rolleyes:

Iwritecode
04-22-2009, 04:32 PM
All MLB is trying to do is to get fans involved. Why get upset about it? So what if a player doesn't deserve to be on the team. It happens every year.

So it is a popularity contest. It is about the fans, fans who pay good money for tickets to the games, buy the products advertised, etc.

This argument pops up every year but it's because the result is actually meaningful.

If it's an exhibition, then let it be and exhibition and figure out home-field advantage for the WS some other way.

If it's supposed to have some sort of meaning, let the managers of the teams choose the players.

It shouldn't be both ways.

Boondock Saint
04-22-2009, 04:34 PM
This argument pops up every year but it's because the result is actually meaningful.

If it's an exhibition, then let it be and exhibition and figure out home-field advantage for the WS some other way.

If it's supposed to have some sort of meaning, let the managers of the teams choose the players.

It shouldn't be both ways.

...and so it begins again. And I agree with you.

ewokpelts
04-22-2009, 05:01 PM
I would love to see my guy Longoria start ahead of ARod, but sadly that won't happen anytime soon.dont be suprised. longoris's only proplem is name confusion with tony parker's wife. arod got a lot of bagge this year.

captainclutch24
04-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Getting my vote so far. I will vote probably once a week
AL
C V. Martinez CLE
1B P. Konerko CWS- although Youkilis really deserves it
2B I. Kinsler Tex
3B E. Longoria TB
SS N. Bartlett TB
OF C. Quentin CWS
OF N. Markakis BAL
OF J. Dye CWS

NL
C Y. Molina STL
1B A. Gonzalez SD- Obviously, Pujols will win
2B C. Utley PHI
3B A. Ramirez CHC
SS R. Theriot CHC
OF R. Ludwick STL
OF F. Lewis SF
OF K. Fukudome CHC- who knows maybe he just needed a year

kittle42
04-22-2009, 05:06 PM

I can live with that one, for sure. I really only care about egregious ignorance.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Getting my vote so far. I will vote probably once a week
AL
C V. Martinez CLE
1B P. Konerko CWS- although Youkilis really deserves it
2B I. Kinsler Tex
3B E. Longoria TB
SS N. Bartlett TB
OF B. Abreu LAA
OF N. Markakis BAL
OF J. Dye CWS

:scratch: No love for TCQ?

captainclutch24
04-22-2009, 05:11 PM
:scratch: No love for TCQ?

I checked his stats before submission and dropped Abreu

whitem0nkey
04-22-2009, 05:17 PM

he has every right to get mad about this especially since its not an exhibition game anymore.

Frater Perdurabo
04-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Can you detect my NL voting stratergery? :tongue:

First Base: Kotchman
Second Base: Eckstein
Third Base: Blum
Shortstop: Greene
Catcher: Flores
Outfielders: Cameron, Young, Gerut