PDA

View Full Version : rain delay programming on csn

ihatethecubs
04-21-2009, 07:26 PM
yes, sox fans want to watch rick morissey talk about how great the cubs world series parade will be and how much bigger it will be than the sox. and how chicago is a cubs town and how important the cubs are to chicago. and denying the fact most cubs fans are clueless morons not from chicago.

ChiSoxFan81
04-21-2009, 07:29 PM
yes, sox fans want to watch rick morissey talk about how great the cubs world series parade will be and how much bigger it will be than the sox. and how chicago is a cubs town and how important the cubs are to chicago. and denying the fact most cubs fans are clueless morons not from chicago.

I just commented on this in the game thread. Seriously, that was some of the most horrid programming I've ever seen. I realize they were ad libbing, but it was God-awful. They must have forgotten they were doing a SOX rain delay. What a bunch of tools.

oeo
04-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Chicago Tribune Live = Cubs Live. Kaplan screwed up a pretty good show that Jiggetts had going. It is completely unwatchable now.

BainesHOF
04-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Kaplan is a glad-handing hack.

The rain delay theater on the radio right now is an embarrassment. D.J. and Farmer have been trying to keep things somewhat on track, but Joe Cowley encouraged by Ranger is talking like he's drunk. Among the lowlights so far...he talked about Jenks defecating and later called MacDougal dumb. Also said Mike Caruso was higher than Cheech and Chong.

The first caller actually complemented the crew on their professionalism. Only on White Sox radio.

Woofer
04-21-2009, 08:19 PM

I thought that was very laughable, too. He must have a vivid imagination, to be able to imagine the impossible.:cool:

MarySwiss
04-21-2009, 08:28 PM

I thought that was very laughable, too. He must have a vivid imagination, to be able to imagine the impossible.:cool:
Here's what's weird about this: I seem to remember Morrissey writing that he is not a Cub fan.

soxpride724
04-21-2009, 08:49 PM

I knew someone here would be talking about that,lol.

Funny thing is, Will Perdue was the only voice of reason in the group.

central44
04-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Here's what's weird about this: I seem to remember Morrissey writing that he is not a Cub fan.

They all say that they're not Cub fans because it would destroy the credibility the Cubune has of being "objective"

I actually found that programming so completley absurd that it was hilarious. Who exactly did they think their audience was during a Sox rain delay?

Dibbs
04-21-2009, 09:17 PM
It was so bad I just could not turn it off. I watched about three or four minutes of those idiots, and could not believe the nonsense they were talking.

central44
04-21-2009, 09:42 PM
if you really want to let the tribune piss you off today, look at the picture they use for the football-related story that has nothing to do with baseball on chicagosports.com

fusillirob1983
04-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah, the fact that their top story on their website is always the Bears or Cubs....somebody has to make the decision to make that the top story. It's not like they have devices picking up signals throughout Chicago to determine if people are giving off Sox/Cubs/Bears/Bulls/Hawks fan vibes.

Brian26
04-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Kaplan is a glad-handing hack.

The rain delay theater on the radio right now is an embarrassment. D.J. and Farmer have been trying to keep things somewhat on track, but Joe Cowley encouraged by Ranger is talking like he's drunk. Among the lowlights so far...he talked about Jenks defecating and later called MacDougal dumb. Also said Mike Caruso was higher than Cheech and Chong.

The first caller actually complemented the crew on their professionalism. Only on White Sox radio.

I heard part of that trainwreck. As bad as it was, it was still 10 times better than the normal programming on that station.

Did DJ ever explain what happened to the pinball machine?

soxfan21
04-21-2009, 10:32 PM
I just turned it off, couldn't stand listening to all of the cubbie hype.

BainesHOF
04-21-2009, 10:57 PM
I heard part of that trainwreck. As bad as it was, it was still 10 times better than the normal programming on that station.

Did DJ ever explain what happened to the pinball machine?

No, he didn't. But to DJ's credit, he was clearly uncomfortable with the way Cowley was talking. Farmer, too, was trying to dodge the piles that Cowley was dropping. Unfortunately, Ranger was encouraging Cowley. The first 30-45 minutes were brutal thanks to Cowley's wierd comments. The guy shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a microphone.

russ99
04-21-2009, 11:19 PM

No kidding. Made me want to throw up. Look's like he'll get his Tribune Company butt-kiss bonus this month.

BainesHOF
04-21-2009, 11:48 PM
On to the always entertaining postgame show...

The first caller just trashed MacDougal, then hung up on Ranger, who chides the caller for not wanting to face reality.

white sox bill
04-22-2009, 07:33 AM
You guys ever check out the Discovery Channel? :) They have a commercial break every 12 minutes or so to allow you to check on the rain delay.

DonnieDarko
04-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Whoa, apparently I missed a "good" rain delay theater. Anyone got a transcript, by chance? I want to know what gems I missed.

VenturaFan23
04-22-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm so glad I have the Extra Innings package.

guillensdisciple
04-22-2009, 10:30 AM
You guys ever check out the Discovery Channel? :) They have a commercial break every 12 minutes or so to allow you to check on the rain delay.

I prefer the history channel.

ChiSoxFan81
04-22-2009, 10:32 AM
No, he didn't. But to DJ's credit, he was clearly uncomfortable with the way Cowley was talking. Farmer, too, was trying to dodge the piles that Cowley was dropping. Unfortunately, Ranger was encouraging Cowley. The first 30-45 minutes were brutal thanks to Cowley's wierd comments. The guy shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a microphone.

How about this morning on The Score? Cowley said his nickname for MacDougal was MacSnoochieBoochie. From the silent Jay movies.

cws05champ
04-22-2009, 11:21 AM
if you really want to let the tribune piss you off today, look at the picture they use for the football-related story that has nothing to do with baseball on chicagosports.com
Same ol ****!! A story about Cutler's nightlife and they have a picture of him throwing out the 1st pitch at the Cubs game. What they couldn't find any other pictures of him....oh I don't know, in a football uniform?

pythons007
04-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Ok, so I'm not the only one here thinking they were talking WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much Cubs stuff during a WHITE SOX RAIN DELAY. I don't care if they are adlibing or not. If its a White Sox rain delay, you're going to have White Sox fans watching. Why the hell would you bring anything up about the Cubs? There are so many topics they could have brought up about the game at hand.

How would Contreras hold up?
Is he going to turn it around?
Will the White Sox keep up the winning streak?
What will they Sox do with MacDougal?
How good is the bullpen going to be?
The ridiculous leadoff/CF/2B crap
The game at hand
The series in Balitmore
How the Orioles are playing
How the SP is shaping up
Wow, look 10 things you could talk about that will keep your watchers watching and not flipping the channel to Lifetime, which would have been 100 times more entertaining than the Flubsest ramblings!

oeo
04-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Ok, so I'm not the only one here thinking they were talking WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much Cubs stuff during a WHITE SOX RAIN DELAY. I don't care if they are adlibing or not. If its a White Sox rain delay, you're going to have White Sox fans watching. Why the hell would you bring anything up about the Cubs? There are so many topics they could have brought up about the game at hand.

How would Contreras hold up?
Is he going to turn it around?
Will the White Sox keep up the winning streak?
What will they Sox do with MacDougal?
How good is the bullpen going to be?
The ridiculous leadoff/CF/2B crap
The game at hand
The series in Balitmore
How the Orioles are playing
How the SP is shaping up

Wow, look 10 things you could talk about that will keep your watchers watching and not flipping the channel to Lifetime, which would have been 100 times more entertaining than the Flubsest ramblings!

The problem is, the host only knows about the Cubs. Why do you think every conversation, whether it's about the Sox, basketball, football, even NASCAR comes back to some comparison to the Cubs? I always laugh when I see that CSN commercial when Kaplan says, 'you have to know your stuff in Chicago,' because isn't it ironic that he doesn't know a ****ing thing unless it concerns the Cubs?

Vestigio
04-22-2009, 03:02 PM
I knew someone here would be talking about that,lol.

Funny thing is, Will Perdue was the only voice of reason in the group.

You mean like when he mentioned that the most popular Chicago teams in order were the Bears, Cubs, Bulls, Sox, and Hawks? Then he says that the Hawks are close to surpassing the Bulls. All the while admitting that he doesnt live in Chicago.

soxjim
04-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Friend of mine called me while I was at a hockey game last night with this issue. Watched Sports center when I got home along with the east coast tarp coverage, the next thing was the cubs closing in on the Braves record for divisional titles. A long way away yet.

soxpride724
04-22-2009, 09:24 PM
You mean like when he mentioned that the most popular Chicago teams in order were the Bears, Cubs, Bulls, Sox, and Hawks? Then he says that the Hawks are close to surpassing the Bulls. All the while admitting that he doesnt live in Chicago.

He said that? Wow, ok I retract my previous statement, he's a hack also.

Yeah I didn't stay tuned in long enough to get all of that, I was pretty fed up with all the scrubbie love and changed channels.

Vestigio
04-23-2009, 10:54 AM
He said that? Wow, ok I retract my previous statement, he's a hack also.

Yeah I didn't stay tuned in long enough to get all of that, I was pretty fed up with all the scrubbie love and changed channels.

Yeah it was early on in the rain delay. I had it on for like 3 minutes, and once Purdue made that comment, I changed the channel...

TommyJohn
04-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Friend of mine called me while I was at a hockey game last night with this issue. Watched Sports center when I got home along with the east coast tarp coverage, the next thing was the cubs closing in on the Braves record for divisional titles. A long way away yet.You can't be serious. THAT was actually a topic for discussion? Seriously?