PDA

View Full Version : My definition of Hell

CallMeNuts
04-20-2009, 07:43 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/30306234/

Frater Perdurabo
04-20-2009, 07:53 PM
I don't know, I think there's something quite appropriate about a Cubs-themed cemetery.

FielderJones
04-20-2009, 09:13 PM
I don't know, I think there's something quite appropriate about a Cubs-themed cemetery.

Right, doesn't the Steve Goodman song mention an "ivy-covered burial ground"?

Iwritecode
04-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Right, doesn't the Steve Goodman song mention an "ivy-covered burial ground"?

Yes, but he's actually taking about Wrigley Field itself. You know, the place where careers go to die. Along with hopes, dreams, brain cells etc...

ChiSoxFan81
04-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Yes, but he's actually taking about Wrigley Field itself. You know, the place where careers go to die. Along with hopes, dreams, brain cells etc...

And maybe alluding to the fact that when someone slides into second, they're kicking up someone's grandpa who has his ashes scattered there....

Sockinchisox
04-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Now you can be buried in Wrigley Field.

Sorta.

A Chicago cemetery created a red brick wall designed to look like the one in dead center and you can have your cremated remains stored inside there.

It even has authentic Wrigley Field grass!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/04/24/cubs.cemetery.ap/index.html?eref=si_mlb

eriqjaffe
04-24-2009, 11:14 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111150

Sockinchisox
04-24-2009, 11:16 AM
My bad, I didn't see that.

MarySwiss
04-26-2009, 10:46 AM
And the Arizona Republic chimes in!

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/2009/04/25/20090425spt-cubscemetary.html

tick53
04-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey let's start a White Sox Cemetary. All the headstones could be shaped like the Scoreboard, complete with pinwheels. Roger Bossard and his descendants would keep the grass manicured. Replicas of the concourse stautues would guard the gates. It could have 2005 plots for sales. 2005 mausoleum spots with "Put It On The Board" plaques on the walls. At the closing of every funeral,a delegation could sing "Na Na Hey Hey in honor of the fallen fan. The place would be named Champion Park with sections like "Ozzieland, Aparicioaks, LyonsGate, Baines Plains and Williams Hill.

What do 'ya think Sox Fans?

MarySwiss
04-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Hey let's start a White Sox Cemetary. All the headstones could be shaped like the Scoreboard, complete with pinwheels. Roger Bossard and his descendants would keep the grass manicured. Replicas of the concourse stautues would guard the gates. It could have 2005 plots for sales. 2005 mausoleum spots with "Put It On The Board" plaques on the walls. At the closing of every funeral,a delegation could sing "Na Na Hey Hey in honor of the fallen fan. The place would be named Champion Park with sections like "Ozzieland, Aparicioaks, LyonsGate, Baines Plains and Williams Hill.

Don't forget Pierce Place, Wynn Way, Konerko Korner, Soderholm Sweet Home...
The possibilities are endless!

Also, we could give the next of kin a choice between "Na Na Hey, Hey" and "Let's Go, GoGo White Sox." For a premium, they'd be able to hire Steve Perry to sing "Don't Stop Believing." Or if they wanted to cheap out, I'd play "South Side Irish" on the banjo for the cost of the plane ticket!!

THIS COULD WORK!!!! :D:

gaelhound
04-26-2009, 12:58 PM

I was hoping to just be left at the curb when my time comes but now I gotta rethink this eternity thing.

tick53
04-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Don't forget Pierce Place, Wynn Way, Konerko Korner, Soderholm Sweet Home...
The possibilities are endless!

Also, we could give the next of kin a choice between "Na Na Hey, Hey" and "Let's Go, GoGo White Sox." For a premium, they'd be able to hire Steve Perry to sing "Don't Stop Believing." Or if they wanted to cheap out, I'd play "South Side Irish" on the banjo for the cost of the plane ticket!!

THIS COULD WORK!!!! :D:

:D: Some more cool choices from Mary! Plant me in Pierce Place.

GlassSox
05-01-2009, 09:13 PM
How about "2Dye4" :D:

MarySwiss
05-01-2009, 09:46 PM
How about "2Dye4" :D:

Excellent! :D: