PDA

View Full Version : Heath Bell tells us what we already knew

EMachine10
04-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Heath Bell says that the Everything Sports Network only cares about the Yankees, the Red Sox, and the Mets. We all know he's right, but just more evidence.

It is nice to see players come out and say it, and not just fans.

http://thebiglead.com/?p=13253

chisox616
04-20-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry, but Heath Bell is awesome. Not just based on what he said here but this doesn't hurt.

cws05champ
04-20-2009, 05:40 PM
I wish more players would come out and say this. It is known to every baseball fan that ESPN favors the Redkeesmets. The majority of the people that work at ESPN are fans of one of those teams, so they favor them. I'm just glad MLB Net is here now and there is an alternative to BBTN.

MeteorsSox4367
04-20-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm surprised that the Cubs didn't make that list a foursome. Obviously, I'm biased as a Sox fan, but to me, ESPN's big four consists of the Yankees, Mets, Red Sox and Cubs.

They also seem to like the Cardinals, which is cool, since they are one of my favorite teams.

PKalltheway
04-20-2009, 06:02 PM
It's really, really nice hearing that from a player. I'm so glad MLB Network is here now, so I don't have to put up with ESPN's garbage.

I'm a Heath Bell fan now.:D:

VenturaFan23
04-20-2009, 06:39 PM
I love this guy. He should be a guest commentator on MLB Network now. Thank God that channel is here.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-21-2009, 12:00 PM
I love this guy. He should be a guest commentator on MLB Network now. Thank God that channel is here.

Dish Network customers weep silently in the corner. :whiner:

Nellie_Fox
04-21-2009, 03:19 PM
XM Home Plate may be worse. It seems like every time I turn it on, they're talking about the Yankees.

Quentin4prez
04-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Dish Network customers weep silently in the corner. :whiner:
im with you dude this sucks im actually thinking of switching because of this....

soxpride724
04-21-2009, 05:54 PM
XM Home Plate may be worse. It seems like every time I turn it on, they're talking about the Yankees.

I have noticed that as well. I am more pleased with MLB Network by the day, due to crap like this.

Huisj
04-21-2009, 11:49 PM
The east coast obsession has rubbed off on other people to the point of making them defensive. I was in Detroit today for a conference, and I ran into a guy with a Sox hat on while I was walking down a street, so I said "hey, go Sox!" to him as I went by. He quickly said in a slightly dejected voice, "no no, White Sox," figuring that I meant Red Sox and has just made a mistake. I said that's what I had meant, and we stopped and chatted for a moment.

cws05champ
04-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah...XM home plate used to be good, especially when it had Mark Patrick and Buck Martinez in the morning. Now it seems like they are talking about Yankee stadium, problem with expensive tickets, wind issues there leading to HR's etc. This channel is one of the only reasons I kept XM and it is turning into East coast sports talk.

Nellie_Fox
04-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah...XM home plate used to be good, especially when it had Mark Patrick and Buck Martinez in the morning. Now it seems like they are talking about Yankee stadium, problem with expensive tickets, wind issues there leading to HR's etc. This channel is one of the only reasons I kept XM and it is turning into East coast sports talk.Bingo; I really miss Mark and Buck in the morning.

pythons007
04-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Did anyone hear Heath Bell on BBTN last week? I think it was right after he closed the very first game at the new Mets ballpark and he made similar comments.

It was something like, I really appreciate you having me on BBTN, this is the best thing that has happened to me. Ravich said, This is the best thing that has happened to you, you just closed a game for a major league team. Bell responded with well I watch your show all the time and I just can't believe I'm on BBTN because its usually all Yankees, RedSox. You never have anything about the Padres.

It was the best interview I have heard by a player on BBTN. It was hilarious with his comments. And to listen to Ravich come up with a reason for it was even better.

Sox
04-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Heath Bell says that the Everything Sports Network only cares about the Yankees, the Red Sox, and the Mets. We all know he's right, but just more evidence.

It is nice to see players come out and say it, and not just fans.

http://thebiglead.com/?p=13253

He's right. It is true.

captainclutch24
04-22-2009, 07:38 PM
http://videos.espn.com/m/video/22111237/heath-bell-on-baseball-tonight.htm?q=divisional

WhiteSoxJunkie
04-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Well I'm guessing Heath Bell will never be on Baseball Tonight ever again.