View Full Version : Nats Can't Spell Their Own Team Name

DSpivack
04-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Only the Nats...

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/photos?photoId=2207642&gameId=290417120

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/photos?photoId=2207641&gameId=290417120

asindc
04-18-2009, 08:17 PM
The Nats are terrible. They need a major upgrade in the pen, and at least one veteran starter. It is by far the worst-run franchise in the majors. Bowden should have been fired long ago. It is sad to watch.

thedudeabides
04-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Only the Nats...

:rolling:

soxpride724
04-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Only the Nats...

I feel bad for them. I'm hoping they turn it around, but doubt they will.

Jjav829
04-18-2009, 09:41 PM
The Nats are terrible. They need a major upgrade in the pen, and at least one veteran starter. It is by far the worst-run franchise in the majors. Bowden should have been fired long ago. It is sad to watch.

Yeah, but they are (hopefully) getting Stephen Strasburg come June.

Strasburg
Zimmerman
Detwiler
Balester
Lannan/Olsen

That could potentially be a good rotation, especially if Strasburg is the real deal.

doublem23
04-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Only fitting they would do this on Naturday.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mhtIfkFNG40/STysfOvHTiI/AAAAAAAACyQ/kTM4z7HIq-k/s400/n1404267309_30156438_5126.jpg

Uni-Watch is already all over it... (http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/04/18/natinal-joke/) Good stuff (Warning... Language can be a little rough around the edges)

BleacherBandit
04-18-2009, 09:53 PM
They should auction that jersey. I'd seriously consider bidding for it.

DumpJerry
04-18-2009, 10:59 PM
It's a good thing certain WSIers don't work for the Nats, they would have gone ape**** over this.....

Average Homeboy
04-18-2009, 11:08 PM
They should have stuck with Expos... :D:

Sox
04-18-2009, 11:52 PM
They should have stuck with Expos... :D:

I agree. It's so much easier to spell and doesn't nearly take up as much space on the front of the uni. Besides that who wouldn't want to wear a tri-colored batting helmet. :tongue:

Etownsox13
04-19-2009, 10:16 AM
This happened a few years back when someone on the LAAAAAAAAAAA (can't remember who) had a jersey spelled ANGEES on the front.

EnglishChiSox
04-19-2009, 10:28 AM
This happened a few years back when someone on the LAAAAAAAAAAA (can't remember who) had a jersey spelled ANGEES on the front.

And let's not forget the Minnestoa (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/22911/Minnestoa.jpg) jersey

WSox597
04-19-2009, 11:39 AM
The thing I find most amusing, is that a blog exists that specializes in uniforms.

Hard to believe. Talk about having no life. :D:

Average Homeboy
04-19-2009, 11:55 AM
I agree. It's so much easier to spell and doesn't nearly take up as much space on the front of the uni. Besides that who wouldn't want to wear a tri-colored batting helmet. :tongue:

Perfect for the nations' capital...
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1338359dt.jpg

BleacherBandit
04-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Perfect for the nations' capital...
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1338359dt.jpg

Worst logo ever. I still think it looks like "ELB".

chisox616
04-19-2009, 12:55 PM

It definitely looks way more like JB :D:

doublem23
04-19-2009, 01:12 PM

Boo! The Expos had a great logo.

TealTank
04-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Further proof that the Nationals are a terrible organization.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Nationals-bench-Dukes-after-Little-League-relate?urn=mlb,157410

Jollyroger2
04-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Further proof that the Nationals are a terrible organizations.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Nationals-bench-Dukes-after-Little-League-relate?urn=mlb,157410

It's really amazing what a colossal joke that franchise is. Everything they do, is quite literally a disaster. Even if they get Strasburg, and who knows if they draft him, if they'll actually sign him...their rotation is still a mess, their lineup and defense useless.

They've had one embarrassment after another. They had a flop over the winter when a guy they gave a $1 mil signing bonus to, turned out to 1) be about five years older than he said he was, 2) had a different name, and 3) was about as talented as you or me. They unveiled statues at Nats Park that are kinda like these modern-art type things, and even people related to the persons the statues were of said they were hideous.

Their ticket base has already plummeted off the map, and their overblown President, Stan Kasten, even went on the radio in Philadelphia to market last weeks home opening series vs. the Phillies to the fans in Philly. Literally saying come on down. (God forbid he actually put a semi-decent team together, so he can get local fans into the park)

Now they're off to a 1-9 start after a 100+ loss season, with literally almost no reason to be optimistic for many years, since the farm system which was once on the rebound is now back in the lower 10 franchises in the league.

What a sad mess. Now they can't even get the name on the jerseys right? Figures.

TealTank
04-19-2009, 02:54 PM
It's really amazing what a colossal joke that franchise is. Everything they do, is quite literally a disaster. Even if they get Strasburg, and who knows if they draft him, if they'll actually sign him...their rotation is still a mess, their lineup and defense useless.

They've had one embarrassment after another. They had a flop over the winter when a guy they gave a $1 mil signing bonus to, turned out to 1) be about five years older than he said he was, 2) had a different name, and 3) was about as talented as you or me. They unveiled statues at Nats Park that are kinda like these modern-art type things, and even people related to the persons the statues were of said they were hideous.

Their ticket base has already plummeted off the map, and their overblown President, Stan Kasten, even went on the radio in Philadelphia to market last weeks home opening series vs. the Phillies to the fans in Philly. Literally saying come on down. (God forbid he actually put a semi-decent team together, so he can get local fans into the park)

Now they're off to a 1-9 start after a 100+ loss season, with literally almost no reason to be optimistic for many years, since the farm system which was once on the rebound is now back in the lower 10 franchises in the league.

What a sad mess. Now they can't even get the name on the jerseys right? Figures.

I tired to give the Nats the benefit of the doubt, because they were trying to comeback from the years MLB owned the team. That forced some terrible decisions, both at the major league and minor league levels.

But hiring a bozo like Bowden. A terrible manager like Acata. I mean they just made the rebuilding effort, that much tougher.

I understand why they moved to DC. But I am still not convinved that DC can support a baseball team.

It's Dankerific
04-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Un****ing believable. Nationals fine, bench and threaten with demotion their player who was late for 5 minutes because he was doing charity work with a local little league.

**** the Nationals.

russ99
04-19-2009, 03:44 PM

No, Expos should stay in Montreal.

I wanted them to be the Senators, but no they took the other, much weaker DC name.

I am dismayed at the Nationals weak logo/lettering decisions. Considering there was a team in DC from 1901 until 1972, there's some kind of tradition they could have "borrowed", instead of the plain look they're sporting.

doublem23
04-19-2009, 03:55 PM
I am dismayed at the Nationals weak logo/lettering decisions. Considering there was a team in DC from 1901 until 1972, there's some kind of tradition they could have "borrowed", instead of the plain look they're sporting.

The Rangers own the rights to all the old Senators stuff, since they are the ancestors of that franchise, and they were not willing to play ball (PUN INTENDED) with the Nationals franchise to sell those rights.

AnkleSox
04-19-2009, 04:36 PM

It does say elb, for Expos League Baseball. But it also forms an M for Montreal.

TealTank
04-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Boo! The Expos had a great logo.

The logo is OK. But that damn cap had to be the worst cap ever.

doublem23
04-19-2009, 08:18 PM
The logo is OK. But that damn cap had to be the worst cap ever.

No regular style hat will ever out-terrible a pillbox style hat.

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/19/c/AAAADCpi_vcAAAAAABnAkQ.jpg

:shudder:

Brian26
04-19-2009, 09:16 PM
It does say elb, for Expos League Baseball. But it also forms an M for Montreal.

I thought the entire logo was supposed to be an "M", with an "e" for expos and "b" for baseball. There's no "l" for league.

doublem23
04-19-2009, 09:24 PM
I thought the entire logo was supposed to be an "M", with an "e" for expos and "b" for baseball. There's no "l" for league.

I always thought it was a nod to the French-speaking fans, since Montreal Expos is Les Expos de Montreal in Francias.

Lip Man 1
04-19-2009, 09:44 PM
This and that:

Double is correct with the Rangers owning all the Senators trademarks. Which is partially why Washington didn't go after the old Senators name. (It was being discussed in the early stages...)

Ditto for a few years ago when the New Orleans franchise starting talking to the Jazz about getting that name back. Utah apparently wanted so much money for it that N.O. quickly looked in another direction.

--------------------

And getting the spelling wrong on jerseys has been going on for a long time. There is a famous photo, (I think in the White Sox Encyclopedia by Rich Lindberg) where Ted Kluszewski had his road Sox jersey spelled with an X in 1960! How they got an X in there is hard to understand.

Lip

palehozenychicty
04-20-2009, 12:13 AM
I still can't understand why Adam Dunn signed with that team. At least it's only for a year.

Jollyroger2
04-20-2009, 08:03 AM
I tired to give the Nats the benefit of the doubt, because they were trying to comeback from the years MLB owned the team. That forced some terrible decisions, both at the major league and minor league levels.

But hiring a bozo like Bowden. A terrible manager like Acata. I mean they just made the rebuilding effort, that much tougher.

I understand why they moved to DC. But I am still not convinved that DC can support a baseball team.

Fans here will support the team if it's a half-decent product. They drew well at decrepit RFK Stadium but attendance and STH amounts have declined since then, as the team has gone from average to below-average to a joke. Bowden was a big part of the problem sure, but his handlers in Kasten and the Lerners are the architects of this disaster.

asindc
04-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Fans here will support the team if it's a half-decent product. They drew well at decrepit RFK Stadium but attendance and STH amounts have declined since then, as the team has gone from average to below-average to a joke. Bowden was a big part of the problem sure, but his handlers in Kasten and the Lerners are the architects of this disaster.

The other thing working against the Nats organization is that at least two generations of would-be DC baseball fans grew up without a team. Yes, many of them rooted for the O's, but a lot of people would be surprised at how many did not. Baseball has been an afterthought for most native Washingtonians under the age of 40. Those people won't latch on until there are signs of improvement.

DumpJerry
04-20-2009, 08:41 AM

Elijah Dukes is five minutes late to the ballpark because he was doing charity work on behalf of the team and they want to discipline him? They even threatened to send him to AAA over this????

This is one sorry franchise.

mccoydp
04-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Their misspelled jerseys are pitiful, and so is the team itself. It's hard to believe that they were a .500 team as recently as 2005.

Jollyroger2
04-20-2009, 10:13 AM
The other thing working against the Nats organization is that at least two generations of would-be DC baseball fans grew up without a team. Yes, many of them rooted for the O's, but a lot of people would be surprised at how many did not. Baseball has been an afterthought for most native Washingtonians under the age of 40. Those people won't latch on until there are signs of improvement.

Exactly. I've been here a long time and my team has always been the Sox. When the Nats were announced it was like "great, I have an NL team to root for/go see" and a ton of people here were interested in them. But the fact that literally almost every facet of their operation has been a colossal mess and embarrassment, it's been very easy to drive fans out the door.

Zisk77
04-20-2009, 12:28 PM

Elijah Dukes is five minutes late to the ballpark because he was doing charity work on behalf of the team and they want to discipline him? They even threatened to send him to AAA over this????

In fairness to the organization, Elijah Dukes has done everything wrong accept committ murder (that we know of) since coming to the big leagues. In fact, the Portland Jailblazers and the Cincinatti Bungles are hoping to sign him if he is released.

It's Dankerific
04-20-2009, 12:31 PM
In fairness to the organization, Elijah Dukes has done everything wrong accept committ murder (that we know of) since coming to the big leagues. In fact, the Portland Jailblazers and the Cincinatti Bungles are hoping to sign him if he is released.

But, by recent accounts, he's trying to get his **** together and this can't help.

TealTank
04-20-2009, 02:08 PM

This is a recording:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2204188&postcount=18

Konerko05
04-20-2009, 02:55 PM

Which is exactly why they could have been a little more lenient when Dukes was making an effort to be a better human being.

I've ripped Dukes for being a total scumbag, but the Nationals are sending the wrong message. It's called priorities. Elijah Dukes doing charity work is a little more consequential than five insignificant minutes.

soxinem1
04-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Dukes does not have a good reputation, but it seems he was trying to do right. Unless he was actually goofing off somewhere instead of attending the function, who was sitting there with a stop watch?

BTW, did I read something about Adam Dunn and another player playing with jerseys that mis-spelled 'Nationals' this weekend?

That reminds me of the 'Fergosi' name on Jim FREgosi's jersey during his first game as White Sox manager....

TealTank
04-20-2009, 03:08 PM

They drew well at RFK because the Nationals were new and baseball was back in DC after 30 some years.

jabrch
04-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Which is exactly why they could have been a little more lenient when Dukes was making an effort to be a better human being.

I've ripped Dukes for being a total scumbag, but the Nationals are sending the wrong message. It's called priorities. Elijah Dukes doing charity work is a little more consequential than five insignificant minutes.

Rules are rules - and I will never fault any organization for enforcing them.

Konerko05
04-20-2009, 03:22 PM

I know what you're saying, but I don't agree with treating every instance exactly the same because "rules are rules."

The Nationals are holding on to Dukes because they are hoping he can improve as a human being/teammate. This takes some psychological work.

The kid obviously has mental problems. I'm sure he's fairly weak minded and susceptible to outside influence.

The kid just came back from doing a great thing for himself and the community. That is a pretty big deal. He should not be welcomed with harsh fines and threats of demotion. Who knows what kind of effects that could have on his psyche. He took a step forward, it would be a shame to have it pushed back.

They said he was remorseful. He obviously knew being five minutes late was wrong. Sometimes minor exceptions can be made to rules. It's not like he showed up a half hour late just because he didn't care.

doublem23
04-20-2009, 03:33 PM

I wouldn't blame any of the Nationals if they punched Manny Acta in the face and refused to play for him.

DSpivack
04-20-2009, 03:35 PM
I know what you're saying, but I don't agree with treating every instance exactly the same because "rules are rules."

The Nationals are holding on to Dukes because they are hoping he can improve as a human being/teammate. This takes some psychological work.

The kid obviously has mental problems. I'm sure he's fairly weak minded and susceptible to outside influence.

The kid just came back from doing a great thing for himself and the community. That is a pretty big deal. He should not be welcomed with harsh fines and threats of demotion. Who knows what kind of effects that could have on his psyche. He took a step forward, it would be a shame to have it pushed back.

They said he was remorseful. He obviously knew being five minutes late was wrong. Sometimes minor exceptions can be made to rules. It's not like he showed up a half hour late just because he didn't care.

Not only that, but he was coming from an event the team specifically requested him to attend.

SOXPHILE
04-20-2009, 03:48 PM
This and that:

Double is correct with the Rangers owning all the Senators trademarks. Which is partially why Washington didn't go after the old Senators name. (It was being discussed in the early stages...)

Lip

Lip,

Since the Rangers own all the Senators tradmarks, did they in turn have to buy it from the Minnesota Twins, i.e., the original Washington Senators ?

TealTank
04-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Lip,

Since the Rangers own all the Senators tradmarks, did they in turn have to buy it from the Minnesota Twins, i.e., the original Washington Senators ?

No, I think the agreement for the Twins moving was that the Senators name and logos would stay in DC.

Much like the Cleveland Browns name and logo and history stayed in Cleveland.

TealTank
04-20-2009, 04:15 PM

So you get a ticket for going 1 MPH above the posted speed limit. You're not going to fight it because rules are rules?

PKalltheway
04-20-2009, 05:12 PM
But I am still not convinved that DC can support a baseball team.
I think that DC is fully capable of supporting a baseball team. I'm pretty sure that DC seems like the type of city where they will get behind the Nats if they ever field a winner. Plain and simple- **** stinks. People don't pay good money to watch **** stink and fester, they pay good money to see a winner. And if you're the type of team that continues to be inept year in and year out, and continues to put the same tired old **** out there, people don't want to see that garbage. That's been the case for virtually most of the history of baseball in DC, Senators included. Like the old saying goes: "First in war, first in peace, last in the American League." Nowadays, you can just change the "American League" part to read "National League."

Want fans to show up? Put a winner out there.

TealTank
04-20-2009, 05:39 PM
I think that DC is fully capable of supporting a baseball team. I'm pretty sure that DC seems like the type of city where they will get behind the Nats if they ever field a winner. Plain and simple- **** stinks. People don't pay good money to watch **** stink and fester, they pay good money to see a winner. And if you're the type of team that continues to be inept year in and year out, and continues to put the same tired old **** out there, people don't want to see that garbage. That's been the case for virtually most of the history of baseball in DC, Senators included. Like the old saying goes: "First in war, first in peace, last in the American League." Nowadays, you can just change the "American League" part to read "National League."

Want fans to show up? Put a winner out there.

That is the case in many cities, in all sports. Fans will support a winner.

asindc
04-20-2009, 05:47 PM
That is the case in many cities, in all sports. Fans will support a winner.

There is a distinction here, however. The 'Skins play in a 90,000-seat stadium (by far the largest in pro football) and have a ST wait list of 15,000 or so. They can fail to post a losing record for the next 5 years and it still won't hurt them.

The Wiz still drew 15 to 18,000 a game this year despite winning only 19 games.

The Caps have been drawing well for years even before Ovechkin arrived.

This town will support its teams in lean times. The Nats just haven't established themselves yet, and they simply have to win to do it.

Lip Man 1
04-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Soxpile:

Tank is correct. The Twins were the original Senators but MLB said that the "new" expansion Washington franchise would still hold all the rights to the name, team colors and so forth when they opened play on April 10, 1961 at Griffith Stadium against the Sox.

Sox won by the way, I think it was 4-2! :smile:

Lip

DumpJerry
04-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Soxpile:

Tank is correct. The Twins were the original Senators but MLB said that the "new" expansion Washington franchise would still hold all the rights to the name, team colors and so forth when they opened play on April 10, 1961 at Griffith Stadium against the Sox.

Lip
4-3. (http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/WS2/WS2196104100.shtml)

TealTank
04-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Soxpile:

Lip

But the Twins take credit for the Senators WS title and HOFers. Such BS, no wonder I hate the Twins so much.

doublem23
04-20-2009, 06:52 PM
But the Twins take credit for the Senators WS title and HOFers. Such BS, no wonder I hate the Twins so much.

Lip may correct me on this, but I believe the Twins still own all the old Senators' records, it was just the logo and uniforms that stayed in Washington, so the comparison between the Browns/Ravens situation is not entirely similar.

Eddo144
04-20-2009, 07:16 PM
So you get a ticket for going 1 MPH above the posted speed limit. You're not going to fight it because rules are rules?
Not that I necessarily agree with Jab on the zero-tolerance-esque there's-no-gray-area-and-rules-are-rules policy, but how exactly are you going to fight that ticket? I mean, the cop was probably being a bit over the top, bu you were over the legal speed limit, after all.

It's Dankerific
04-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Not that I necessarily agree with Jab on the zero-tolerance-esque there's-no-gray-area-and-rules-are-rules policy, but how exactly are you going to fight that ticket? I mean, the cop was probably being a bit over the top, bu you were over the legal speed limit, after all.

Its more akin to being parked one inch over the yellow line on a curb.

TealTank
04-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Lip may correct me on this, but I believe the Twins still own all the old Senators' records, it was just the logo and uniforms that stayed in Washington, so the comparison between the Browns/Ravens situation is not entirely similar.

Yes, the Browns were allowed to keep their name, logos, and history.

The Ravens became, what amounts to an expansion team. The Ravens do not take credit for Jim Brown or the 64 NFL Championship.

doublem23
04-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Yes, the Browns were allowed to keep their name, logos, and history.

The Ravens became, what amounts to an expansion team. The Ravens do not take credit for Jim Brown or the 64 NFL Championship.

Right, which is why I said the Twins/Rangers/Senators connection is not quite the same. Though the Twins claim the original Senators' franchises records as their own, they left behind the jerseys and logos to be inherited by the new franchise, which are now completely owned by the Rangers.

Aside from ownership, and until this season, Matt Stover, the Ravens have no official relation to the Browns; it is all just anecdotal now.

Thome_Fan
04-20-2009, 10:01 PM

That's actually an easy one to fight. Your speedometer and his radar could both be a bit off. I know a cop who won't bother pulling people over anymore unless they're 13 or more over because he kept losing in court. The judge would say their speedometer could be off five, his gun could be off five, there's ten mph right there.

doublem23
04-21-2009, 08:42 AM
The Little League that Dukes was visiting will now be paying his $500 fine.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4085478

:clap:, Nationals.

asindc
04-21-2009, 08:51 AM
The Little League that Dukes was visiting will now be paying his $500 fine.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4085478

:clap:, Nationals.

At first, I was against the Nats fining Dukes, but I have since reconsidered. I think it was the appropriate thing to do. Manny Acta said that he told Dukes that he was proud of him for making the appearance (which he apparently arranged without the team's help) and that he supports those kinds of endeavors, but rules are rules. It sends a message to everyone in the organization that you have to properly prioritize your time.

By the way, Great Falls, Virginia, the site of the Little League, is one of the most affluent areas in the country. Believe me, the parents of those kids won't miss $500 any more than any of us would miss $5.

Hitmen77
04-21-2009, 09:56 AM
The Rangers own the rights to all the old Senators stuff, since they are the ancestors of that franchise, and they were not willing to play ball (PUN INTENDED) with the Nationals franchise to sell those rights.

Why would the Rangers not want to allow another team to use the Senators name? What possible use are the rights to that name to the Rangers franchise at this point? It's not like they're ever going to use that name again.

Also, if the Rangers have the rights to the Senators name, what about the Minnesota Twins? Do they have any rights to the name? They were the Senators first and were the Senators for 60 years. The Rangers were only the Senators for 10 years.

asindc
04-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Why would the Rangers not want to allow another team to use the Senators name? What possible use are the rights to that name to the Rangers franchise at this point? It's not like they're ever going to use that name again.

Also, if the Rangers have the rights to the Senators name, what about the Minnesota Twins? Do they have any rights to the name? They were the Senators first and were the Senators for 60 years. The Rangers were only the Senators for 10 years.

See posts above about how Minnesota agreed to leave the name and logo in DC for an expansion team to be established.

There is speculation among Nats fans that the team's owners are too cheap to buy the rights from Texas. It would be consistent with their overall approach so far.

doublem23
04-21-2009, 10:23 AM

Go back and reread the old pages about the Twins' deal with the Senators name. As for the Rangers, the reason they likely have kept the old Senators trademark are reasons like this... http://www.mitchellandness.com/Departments/MLB/Washington-Senators.aspx

$$$

Hitmen77
04-21-2009, 12:07 PM
See posts above about how Minnesota agreed to leave the name and logo in DC for an expansion team to be established.

There is speculation among Nats fans that the team's owners are too cheap to buy the rights from Texas. It would be consistent with their overall approach so far.

Go back and reread the old pages about the Twins' deal with the Senators name. As for the Rangers, the reason they likely have kept the old Senators trademark are reasons like this... http://www.mitchellandness.com/Departments/MLB/Washington-Senators.aspx

$$$

oh, I totally missed those posts. I must have just skipped from page 3 to page 5 by mistake.:redface:

Interesting stuff about the Twins deal. Like others said, the Twins certainly kept the old Senators records and that's why the Twins franchise is considered to have won 3 World Series (1924, 1987, and 1991).

Doublem, regarding the old Senators merchandise, I thought MLB shared all merchandising sales equally among all teams. In that case, the Rangers wouldn't exclusively profit from old Senators stuff.

Anyway, I have no problem with the Nationals name. They just need to get their act together on the field to keep fans coming to that expensive new publically funded ballpark.

InKennyWeTrust
04-21-2009, 12:14 PM
The thing I find most amusing, is that a blog exists that specializes in uniforms.

Hard to believe. Talk about having no life. :D:
I'd say half the blogs out there are run my folks with no life. Although this may top the "Brian Williams Tie Report" blog.

doublem23
04-21-2009, 12:40 PM
I'd say half the blogs out there are run my folks with no life. Although this may top the "Brian Williams Tie Report" blog.

Don't rush to judge, Uni Watch is easily one of the best sports blogs out there.

Eddo144
04-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Don't rush to judge, Uni Watch is easily one of the best sports blogs out there.
Yeah, and he was getting paid to write about uniforms for ESPN. Hardly what I'd call "no life". I enjoy UniWatch every time I read it.

TealTank
04-21-2009, 01:49 PM
At first, I was against the Nats fining Dukes, but I have since reconsidered. I think it was the appropriate thing to do. Manny Acta said that he told Dukes that he was proud of him for making the appearance (which he apparently arranged without the team's help) and that he supports those kinds of endeavors, but rules are rules. It sends a message to everyone in the organization that you have to properly prioritize your time.

By the way, Great Falls, Virginia, the site of the Little League, is one of the most affluent areas in the country. Believe me, the parents of those kids won't miss $500 any more than any of us would miss $5.

If there is a rule at your job that says being late to work twice in a month will be to being fired from your job.

You're late, because of a bad accident, by five minutes. Don't bitch to your company, because after all rules are rules.

Acata is a piece of **** manager who maybe the first manager fired this year.

asindc
04-21-2009, 01:54 PM
If there is a rule at your job that says being late to work twice in a month will be to being fired from your job.

You're late, because of a bad accident, by five minutes. Don't bitch to your company, because after all rules are rules.

Acata is a piece of **** manager who maybe the first manager fired this year.

Depends on the terms of the agreement. If exceptions are spelled out for accidents and other such occurrences, then of course you would have an argument. If not, then you don't. The Nats FO made it very clear to Dukes that it would have zero tolerance with him. So far, Dukes has not complained about that at all.

TealTank
04-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Majestic Athletic, who makes uniforms for MLB, has apologized to the Nationals.

But the Nationals should have checked before issuing the jerseys to the players.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4087695

Maybe it wasn't a mistake and the missing O was to mock the Orioles.