PDA

View Full Version : Dog day/night at Cellular?

ernie14
04-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Anyone know when dog night/day is at Cell? Bring your dog to a ballgame.

We just adopted a sweet Shepherd-mix. I've never been to a dog night.

What's it like? Anyone?

ewokpelts
04-18-2009, 12:07 AM
dog day is sold out to dogs.

tick53
04-19-2009, 10:45 AM
My beagle is a Dallas Mavericks fan and wants to stay home. :wink:

ernie14
04-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Is Michael Vick invited to Dog Day?

soxgirl617
04-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Anyone know when dog night/day is at Cell? Bring your dog to a ballgame.

We just adopted a sweet Shepherd-mix. I've never been to a dog night.

What's it like? Anyone?

Congrats on your new dog! Very exciting.

Dog Day is a lot of fun, but unfortunately (as noted above) all of the dog tickets are sold out. I believe they sell 550 tickets in the dog section (up from previous years), and you have to send in a special application for them. I think the tickets are done by random drawing (or so they say). It's still a fun game to go to....even without your dog, you can go down to the dog section and see some of the dogs. (Dogs sit in the bleachers, so be sure you get a ticket with lower deck access.)

Dibbs
04-19-2009, 03:36 PM
I am pretty sure if you are not in the secret fraternity, you will never have a chance to bring your dog to the park. I have been a full season ticket holder and have never had luck getting to bring my dog.

Steelrod
04-19-2009, 04:54 PM
We went twice. You have to apply early.

Rohan
04-19-2009, 05:10 PM
What is it like?
If i took one of my dogs there they'd be barking like crazy and then crying when i don't let them jump all over the other dogs.

34rancher
04-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Free tip...Dog day/night is not, let me repeat NOT a good idea to have a date night at the park on.

DonnieDarko
04-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Hrm.

I assume that cats won't be allowed to these games?

Steelrod
04-19-2009, 07:34 PM
What is it like?
If i took one of my dogs there they'd be barking like crazy and then crying when i don't let them jump all over the other dogs.
If you can't control your dog, you shouldn't bring it!

ernie14
04-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Free tip...Dog day/night is not, let me repeat NOT a good idea to have a date night at the park on.

What has this got to do with dating? Who the heck said anything about dating? I don't date anymore, I've been married 11 years!!!!!

I was simply asking a question about dog night. Only Soxgirl 617 gave me a decent answer. Thank you Soxgirl.

The rest of you sound like a bunch of dog haters. Are you in love with Michael Vick????

kevingrt
04-19-2009, 08:50 PM
What has this got to do with dating? Who the heck said anything about dating? I don't date anymore, I've been married 11 years!!!!!

I was simply asking a question about dog night. Only Soxgirl 617 gave me a decent answer. Thank you Soxgirl.

The rest of you sound like a bunch of dog haters. Are you in love with Michael Vick????

You must not be long for this place.

Story time.... :D:

gosox83
04-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Can someone please tell me the official day for dog day. I would like to go to the game without a dog.

Thanks!

Sargeant79
04-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Can someone please tell me the official day for dog day. I would like to go to the game without a dog.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it is Wednesday, May 20th. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Rohan
04-20-2009, 10:00 AM

Hahahaha... As Dj would say.. O DO TELL...
I can't imagine bringing a dog to a ball park. It sounds like fun, but out of place.

Harry Chappas
04-20-2009, 10:31 AM
I took my 120 lbs of Bernese Mountain Dog to the Dog Days game last year. It was a blast although it was really humid so my poor guy didn't make it til the end. It helps if your dog is trained and gets along well with other dogs.

I'm a dog-lover (and a hot dog-lover), so I thought it was really cool. However, if you want to go, you need to mail-in your order form the day you receive it. We waited a day or two and just got a letter informing us that it was sold out.

soxgirl617
04-20-2009, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=
I was simply asking a question about dog night. Only Soxgirl 617 gave me a decent answer. Thank you Soxgirl. QUOTE]

My pleasure. It is indeed hard to get tickets. I don't own a dog, but my good friend does. She got tickets two years in a row, but has been shut out the past two years, despite mailing her application in the day she received it. I also tried getting tickets the past two years, under the hope that a full season ticket holder would have better luck. No dice. I think it's just luck of the draw (or you have to know some secret password or handshake, lol). We'll keep trying, b/c it is fun. We're going this year, even without the dog.