PDA

View Full Version : Saw Boone Logan pitch tonight....

hula
04-16-2009, 10:59 PM
....for the Gwinett Braves against the Durham Bulls..... He actually did pretty good.....too bad he couldn't have given some of that to the Sox....

oeo
04-18-2009, 02:35 AM
....for the Gwinett Braves against the Durham Bulls..... He actually did pretty good.....too bad he couldn't have given some of that to the Sox....

He did. He was lights out for us last year until that Texas series right before the All Star Break.

southside rocks
04-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Logan had quite a few good outings for the Sox, and some excellent ones. He just never got the reliability and consistency thing down.

Lip Man 1
04-18-2009, 11:31 AM
I disagree. I think it was more mental.

He admitted himself he had a breakdown on the mound at Tampa.

As OEO pointed out he built up some baseball capital over the first three months of 2008, then because of a bad weekend in Texas suddenly that's all flushed down the toilet? To the point where Ozzie called him out saying the Sox needed "men" to play at this level, then gets shipped back to the minors? If that's not a mental/ confidence issue I don't know what is.

That and like so many other Sox prospects, he was completely rushed into the big leagues. It shattered his confidence.

Well he's Atlanta's problem now.

Lip

hi im skot
04-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Boone Logan is my mortal enemy.