PDA

View Full Version : That's what I get for going out tonight!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-04-2001, 12:26 AM
Wow, What a game I missed. While I think Burhle wont get CyYoung, I do defenitely think he's a lock for rookie of the year. This kid just continues to impress me & just when I think he cant do any better he blows me away again.

WAY TO GO MARK!!!!

Jerry_Manuel
08-04-2001, 12:35 AM
Wow, What a game I missed. While I think Burhle wont get CyYoung, I do defenitely think he's a lock for rookie of the year. This kid just continues to impress me & just when I think he cant do any better he blows me away again.

Well just think of how pissed you would be if he threw a no hitter!
I don't think Mark is eligible to win rookie of the year, due to the number of innings he threw last year. But Ichiro is going to win it anyway, that may or may not be the right decision based on the fact he has been a pro in Japan for 6 ot 7 years. But that is the way it is going to come out.

Bmr31
08-04-2001, 12:44 AM
ummmm Buehrle is not a rookie dude

Bmr31
08-04-2001, 12:54 AM
ooooops looks like i got scooped....

Jerry_Manuel
08-04-2001, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
ooooops looks like i got scooped....

No I said I wasn't sure and you said no he's not a rookie so you got the story right while I just guessed.

:moron
Guessing on the facts is ok as long as you are in the ballpark of the real story.

Iguana775
08-04-2001, 09:17 AM
he missed being a rook by about 3 or 4 innings. if he would have pitched in one less game (or 2) last year, he would be a rook.

Mathew
08-04-2001, 12:29 PM
I would be surprized if he was mentioned by someone other than a Sox fan, to be a candidate for any award, although he deserves the credit he probably wont be considered by writers who are to ignorant to see whwt he's done this year.

Kilroy
08-04-2001, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

WAY TO GO MARK!!!!

Well, I was there last night, and I can't get over how close it was to a perfect game. I mean just the one damn hit! At least it wasn't a cheapie.

Side note: When the hit fell in, of course there was a nice ovation for Beurhle's effort. In the next section over from mine, there was 2 guys sitting there looking dumbfounded. When it quieted down I heard one say "What happened, why were they clapping?" They were oblivious to the no hitter. And that made sense because one was wearing a Sosa jersey, and the other a Cubs hat. Morons.

FarWestChicago
08-04-2001, 12:53 PM
Side note: When the hit fell in, of course there was a nice ovation for Beurhle's effort. In the next section over from mine, there was 2 guys sitting there looking dumbfounded. When it quieted down I heard one say "What happened, why were they clapping?" They were oblivious to the no hitter. And that made sense because one was wearing a Sosa jersey, and the other a Cubs hat. Morons.

That's hysterical. You gotta love people that live up to the stereotype.

:scrubs

cheeses_h_rice
08-04-2001, 01:18 PM

Kilroy, that's too much. Unfortunately, I didn't watch the game last night (was watching "Ravenous" with m'lady), but did tune in every now and then during bathroom breaks to see how the Sox were doing, and even *I* knew something special was going on just looking at the line score.

To be physically at the game and not know what was at stake, well, that sums up another team's "fans" pretty well.

My question is, were they at Comiskey because the Jergen's ran out?