PDA

View Full Version : Scott Podsednik/Charlotte

sunofgold
04-15-2009, 11:11 PM
I checked the box score today and he didn't play. I am hoping the plays tomorrow. Charlotte is playing at home. If you go to the game, please give a scouting report on him. Pods says that he is in great shape right now. Thanks!

doublem23
04-15-2009, 11:14 PM
I checked the box score today and he didn't play. I am hoping the plays tomorrow. Charlotte is playing at home. If you go to the game, please give a scouting report on him. Pods says that he is in great shape right now. Thanks!

I don't blame him for no-showing, the Knights really suck.

Soxaredabest
04-15-2009, 11:21 PM
He isn't even on their roster online, hopefully he will report soon. The sooner he reports, the more time he has....

drewcifer
04-15-2009, 11:24 PM
I really don't see anything coming out of this latest Pod's buzz...

If he's smart, he's with Lisa, counting 05 $, and enjoying life.

CLR01
04-15-2009, 11:39 PM
He isn't even on their roster online, hopefully he will report soon. The sooner he reports, the more time he has....

...to kill on the DL??? :dunno:

sunofgold
04-16-2009, 12:01 AM
He isn't giving up. I think most baseball players want to give it a shot as long as possible. He has nothing to lose. Also, he wasn't that bad as a reserve player last year for the Rockies.

Hey, he has a chance here to make our team. He only has to show KW that he is better than Owens. That shouldn't be too hard. haha!

Pods has to go into Charlotte with the attitude that each at bat is important. He also has to run the bases well. And play defense...well adequately? hahaha!

doublem23
04-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Pods has to go into Charlotte with the attitude that each at bat is important. He also has to run the bases well. And play defense...well adequately? hahaha!

Considering he could barely play LF 4 years ago, I'm having a hard time seeing that he's magically picked up CF.

This move reeks of minor league roster padding. Owens/Anderson are going to have to get hurt, get traded, or suck teeeeeeeerribly before a spot opens up for Scotty Pods.

sunofgold
04-16-2009, 01:24 AM
suck teeeeeeeerribly....

cmon ...that's isn't far from the realm of possibility. Pods only need ones of them to suck teeeeeeeerribly. Think Owens could actually do that well. And Ozzie is sick of looking at Jerry Owens.

Barring any other transactions, I think Pods has a great chance to be call up from the minors. Hopefully somebody will be at the game tomorrow and can give a report. I would be very grateful.

TomBradley72
04-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Considering he could barely play LF 4 years ago, I'm having a hard time seeing that he's magically picked up CF.

This move reeks of minor league roster padding. Owens/Anderson are going to have to get hurt, get traded, or suck teeeeeeeerribly before a spot opens up for Scotty Pods.

Owens already sucks terribly.

esbrechtel
04-16-2009, 07:21 AM
SonofGold is to Podsednik as Bafiarocks is to Timo Perez/Willie Harris

doublem23
04-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Owens already sucks terribly.

Yeah, but he's out of options so he'd have to clear waivers again to be sent back downt to Charlotte and with Dewayne out for god knows how long, he's the only realistic option to back-up Anderson in CF right now (I know Owens stinks, but Kroger and Podsednik are not CFs).

jabrch
04-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Hey, he has a chance here to make our team. He only has to show KW that he is better than Owens. That shouldn't be too hard. haha!

Actually, he has to prove he can play CF. As bas as JO is at CF, Pods is worse.

sunofgold
04-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Good news. Pods reported to Charlotte

Bad news. 0-4 with a K, and one error in a 10-0 loss.

Good news. He can only get better. hahah! Just needs to settle in.

Bad news. Knights don't look too good. C'mon, Knights, play better to help Pods. He feeds off positive, winning baseball.

soltrain21
04-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Good news. Pods reported to Charlotte

Bad news. 0-4 with a K, and one error in a 10-0 loss.

Good news. He can only get better. hahah! Just needs to settle in.

Bad news. Knights don't look too good. C'mon, Knights, play better to help Pods. He feeds off positive, winning baseball.

I must've missed that in the scouting report.

Britt Burns
04-17-2009, 12:08 PM
I think I would rather have Mackoiwak playing center than Pods, and we all know how that worked out.

DumpJerry
04-17-2009, 12:49 PM
He isn't.

hi im skot
04-17-2009, 12:53 PM
I must've missed that in the scouting report.

:thumbsup: