PDA

View Full Version : Seating Locations

october23sp
04-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Alright, I am going down to Chicago for the 7/7-7/9 series against the Indians. The last time we visited the Cell we had Upper Deck seats because we were smart and went to the Red Sox games. That was in 05, I know the park has changed a LOT since 05 even and we are having trouble choosing where to sit. Any tips or help would be GREATLY appreciated thank you.

soxpride724
04-16-2009, 09:13 AM
I prefer anything in the lower box or lower reserved, and on the isle (I hate asking ten people to move all game). The bleachers are alright too.

doublem23
04-16-2009, 09:14 AM
There isn't a bad seat in the house, but if you're only going to a game or two and really want to spoil yourself, then aim for something in the lower bowls along one of the base lines.

esbrechtel
04-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Not a fan of the lower bowl unless I am directly behind home plate or in the out field....

I hate having to try and look around the stupid vendors to watch the game...

I would take behind homeplate in the UD over the lower bowl down the baselines

That being said everyone likes different things, and If you are coming for a visit you might want lower bowl tickets so you can walk around the park. UD tickets only allow you to access the upper deck concourse.

ChicagoHoosier
04-16-2009, 11:09 AM
UD Premium Seating, first 6 rows in the infield, are really very good seats and a great price point. You can't access the lower level unless they are season tickets, but I typically try to sit there. Used to have season tickets there.

For just a few games, it's hard to get the lower bowl in the premium area through ticketmaster. But the outfield seats are plentiful.

jabrch
04-16-2009, 11:19 AM
I like the lower box seats - ideally right around either first or third. a few sections forward or backward.... Within those sections, while closer is better, the seats further back are great too. I sit in 117, R24 and love my seats. Now I'd move closer if I had a chance next season, but at the same time, I am happy with what I have. I would not move two sections over into the Premium Box and pay the extra ~8 bucks a ticket to be only slightly closer to home plate.

That being said, I think the best VALUE is in the Upper Deck, Premium Box, first row, behind home plate. Not an easy ticket to get - as they are all season ticket holders, and mostly long term ST holders, but for the $, that's the best value in the park in my eyes.

I want Mags back
04-16-2009, 11:22 AM
if youre going to all 3, try to get down to the Lower level once. It's worth it to see a game down there and experience all the concourse has to offer. For the other 2, sit in the UD in the infield. Best view of the game from there.

twsoxfan5
04-16-2009, 11:23 AM
I like right or left field but not the bleachers. I have had season tickets in 113 (I think) 1st base line, 159 left field, & now I am in 103 right center. I like 103 best as I can see the whole field and I do not think every fly ball is a homerun when it comes off the bat. I think anywhere in the lower bowl is good, but my vote goes to right/right center.

russ99
04-16-2009, 12:16 PM
I generally try to stay in the lower deck. I love the rare chances when I can get Box Seats that are not in the corners , but Lower Reserved or Bleachers in the OF are pretty nice too.

But the Upper Deck (despite the steepness) is not bad at all. There really is a very good view of the action, regardless of where you sit. I prefer close to 3rd base about halfway up. Behind the plate are really nice seats, but you're hemmed in by people a lot more there.

My only real gripe about the UD is lack of access to the rest of the park and the lesser food and merch opportunities. Also, the food/bev stands seem to close much earlier up there. In the lower deck I can get food and non-beer bev until the bottom of the 9th inning.

Club level is not to be missed either. I try to get there once a year.

roylestillman
04-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Just moved this year to Section 156. This section is in the left field corner and is often available because it tends to be the last section they sell in the lower deck. The reason? The foul pole. It is seen by some as obstructed view, but c'mon, these folks never sat behind a girder in the old park. Anyway its still priced as lower reserved (across the aisle are boxes) For some reason the seats are wider than the rest of the park and you will never misjudge a ball down the third base line. Extra if you're a Red Line user, Gate 2 is right behind the section, which is the furthest east and least used exit.

beasly213
04-16-2009, 12:48 PM
I love anywhere in the lower level. If I'm in the outfield I prefer to sit in left.

soxfan21
04-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Lower bowl is nice, especially if you're only going to be at a few games.

HomeFish
04-16-2009, 05:29 PM
The first few rows of the Upper Deck are great seats, but way overpriced IMO. You get a nice view of the whole playing field -- and the Sox have realized this and charged accordingly.

HomeFish
04-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Anyway, how many games are you attending? You could split our advice and sit in a different section for each game.

october23sp
04-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Anyway, how many games are you attending? You could split our advice and sit in a different section for each game.
We are going to 3 games...for game 1 we already have tickets in the Left Field Bleacher seats. It will be interesting to see what those are like. I want seats down the foul lines. The flight and hotel is the expensive part of the trip. We aren't really worried about price at the games.

pearso66
04-16-2009, 11:25 PM
I really like sitting in the upper deck behind home plate. Over by 1st base is nice too because you're in the shade most of the game, and if it's hot, that's a huge plus. I also would recommend if you can get them, getting one game in the club level. Great view of the field not as busy as the rest of the park either, and I believe you get lower level access too.

WhiteSoxJunkie
04-16-2009, 11:42 PM
I think the outfield is becoming my favorite place to sit, as long as you're not in the first section to the left or right of the fan deck (section 100 and 164). In the outfield you're looking right at the action and don't have to sit at an angle or tilt your head to see the batter. The first 10 rows or so of the upper deck between 1st and 3rd are also great seats because you can see everything. But I still have a slight preference for the lower deck because you can walk around, and you feel closer to the action and not secluded.

It's Dankerific
04-17-2009, 12:05 AM
I really like sitting in the upper deck behind home plate. Over by 1st base is nice too because you're in the shade most of the game, and if it's hot, that's a huge plus. I also would recommend if you can get them, getting one game in the club level. Great view of the field not as busy as the rest of the park either, and I believe you get lower level access too.

the club level is all ST, so yes you can go to the lower level as well.