PDA

View Full Version : NU-ND Game at USCF Roll Call

Viva Medias B's
04-14-2009, 08:04 PM
I'll be there.

Max Power
04-15-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm planning to attend. It's suppose to be chilly so I might change my mind. I was at the Sox game on Friday night so I already sat through one freezing baseball game, which is my season limit.

DirtySox
04-15-2009, 11:42 AM
I believe you can watch the game streamed from Notre Dame's website tonight as well.

Looking forward to seeing center fielding prospect AJ Pollock play.

Viva Medias B's
04-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Just got back from the Cell where about 2100 witnessed the game between Northwestern and Notre Dame, the latter of which was designated the home team. I left the game after the 7th when NU was leading 3-1. The 'Cats went on to defeat the Fighting Irish 5-1. Tony Vercelli (http://nusports.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/vercelli_tony00.html) hit two home runs for NU.

The game had all the trappings of a regular White Sox game with the Chevrolet Pride Crew, Connie's Pizza Race, Blackhawks Puck Shuffle, scoreboard lighting up on the home runs (minus the fireworks), etc., with the public address announcer at Notre Dame's Frank Eck Stadium handling the duties tonight. NU football coach and Sox fan Pat Fitzgerald threw out the first pitch. They also had the official MLB tribute video for Jackie Robinson Day before the game.

Max Power
04-16-2009, 10:32 AM
I was at the game as well. I thought NU would get smoked, so I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. The Wildcat pitchers did a great job.

I had a good time at the game in spite of the chilly weather. The ticket guy asked who I was cheering for and I said Northwestern, but for some reason he gave me tickets four rows up from the Notre Dame on-deck circle. Odd, but it was still cool to sit so close to the field.

Hopefully Northwestern plays in this event again.

amsteel
04-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I was at the game as well. I thought NU would get smoked, so I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. The Wildcat pitchers did a great job.

I had a good time at the game in spite of the chilly weather. The ticket guy asked who I was cheering for and I said Northwestern, but for some reason he gave me tickets four rows up from the Notre Dame on-deck circle. Odd, but it was still cool to sit so close to the field.

Hopefully Northwestern plays in this event again.

Strange, I bought tix to the game from the USCF box office right when they went on sale and they told me there were no seats closer than the 10th row because they were being held for the schools. Which wasn't true because ND's ticket office told me I had to go thru the White Sox to buy tickets. Bummer.