PDA

View Full Version : Hitting cleanup today....

kittle42
04-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Nick Swisher AND Ross Gload.

See, there are teams with much worse lineup problems than our Sox! :smile:

Marqhead
04-14-2009, 07:03 PM
The question is, how many innings does Gload go tonight?

Craig Grebeck
04-14-2009, 07:21 PM
...and Swisher just homered.

JohnTucker0814
04-14-2009, 07:31 PM
...and Swisher just homered.

Swisher like... Solo homer and struck out earlier with the bases loaded AND NOBODY OUT! I'd rather have the bases loaded hit than the Solo HR!

JermaineDye05
04-14-2009, 07:33 PM
I predicted back on November 11 that Swish would have a breakout year, so far he's on the right track. Although he started off hot last year too, so we'll see. Still plenty of baseball left.

I'm not ready to give up Swisher, I feel this season will be a breakout one for him. Pauly will most likely be traded and swish moved to 1st.

I honestly think Swish's 2009 numbers will be somewhere around:

.260ish 35 HR's 90-100 RBI's OBP of .360

Craig Grebeck
04-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Swisher like... Solo homer and struck out earlier with the bases loaded AND NOBODY OUT! I'd rather have the bases loaded hit than the Solo HR!
Okay. Of course you'd take the bases loaded hit. So would I. I also wouldn't complain when a player validates himself after a mistake.

kittle42
04-14-2009, 07:43 PM
I predicted back on November 11 that Swish would have a breakout year, so far he's on the right track. Although he started off hot last year too, so we'll see. Still plenty of baseball left.

I didn't like getting rid of Swisher after last season, and it has nothing to do with his performance in limited time thus far this season. However, I didn't want to see him out in CF again, and there was no one else he was going to play ahead of at any other position.

TheCommander
04-14-2009, 08:27 PM

You also predicted Nick Massett would be a stud. :wink:

JermaineDye05
04-14-2009, 09:59 PM
You also predicted Nick Massett would be a stud. :wink:

That is one of my few bad predictions.

My correct ones include:

Quentin being a stud
Bobby being a stud (Got his jersey within 2 months of him being called up)

My predictions are not limited to player performance either. I've also predicted plenty of walkoffs and meaningless homeruns. The sad thing is this only works with the opposition which is why I'm pissed a lot. You can ask my friend. I predicted last year during the Cubs/Sox game that Dotel would have a bad 7th, giving up multiple homeruns and that Linebrink would give up a walkoff blast in the 9th.

guillensdisciple
04-14-2009, 10:08 PM
I predict that the sun will rise and set.

Somehow, it happens each time.

Nostradamus and I are bros.

DaveFeelsRight
04-14-2009, 10:19 PM
i still say it was a stupid mistake trading swisher. that's the only trade i wish kenny didn't pull the trigger on.

LoveYourSuit
04-14-2009, 10:39 PM
i still say it was a stupid mistake trading swisher. that's the only trade i wish kenny didn't pull the trigger on.

For what he got in return, it doens't look like a good trade right now.

balke
04-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Uhh... shedding 21 million dollars of salary for a guy who can't play CF and hit .200 most of the season is a godsend. Getting ANYONE for him? Bonus.

I think Swisher being the attention freak he is will love it in NY. He's a great guy it seems like, so I mean that in a joking manner. I see him playing out of his mind cause he's in an environment that feeds into what he's all about. If he were here, I feel like it'd be more of the same, strikeout in a big situation 97 percent of the season.

kittle42
04-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Uhh... shedding 21 million dollars of salary for a guy who can't play CF and hit .200 most of the season is a godsend. Getting ANYONE for him? Bonus.

I think last season will prove to be an aberration. He cannot play CF, for sure, though.

doublem23
04-15-2009, 10:12 AM
I think last season will prove to be an aberration. He cannot play CF, for sure, though.

Yeah, the Nick Swisher deal turned out to be crap for us when Carlos Quentin turned into an MVP candidate and stole the last open spot for Swisher.