PDA

View Full Version : Wise has a separated shoulder - Owens Recalled

thedudeabides
04-13-2009, 04:03 PM
According to Ed Farmer. Sounds like he's gong to be out a while.

soxrme
04-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Is Owens are only replacement?

Marqhead
04-13-2009, 04:06 PM

How on earth could you forget Brian Anderson.

Tough break for Wise, he was starting to come around.

EnglishChiSox
04-13-2009, 04:07 PM

our.

Yes it looks that way, might as well just go for a 24 man roster.

Nellie_Fox
04-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Is Owens are only replacement?Our.

DumpJerry
04-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Yes it looks that way, might as well just go for a 24 man roster.
Might as well start the Jordan Danks' Era now....

bigsoxfan420
Jim Edmonds anyone?

thedudeabides
Gonzales has confirmed, and speculates Kroeger could be called up.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/04/wise-separated-right-shoulder-for-white-sox.html

nug0hs
04-13-2009, 04:14 PM
For what its worth, Anderson has 2 walks and 1 SB in 2 plate appearances today. If he can keep doing that then we are in good shape.

Edit: make that 2 SB now.

soxrme
04-13-2009, 04:38 PM
How on earth could you forget Brian Anderson.

Tough break for Wise, he was starting to come around.
Did not forget him, just meant another center fielder to come up.

Sockinchisox
04-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Cowley says Owens called up.

ChiSoxFan81
04-13-2009, 04:45 PM
:chunks

04-13-2009, 04:46 PM

I really hope that none of the FOBAs wished it had happened like this. Get well soon, Dwayne Wise.

Nobody could have wished for Owens!

Hitmen77
04-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Does anyone have a general estimate of how long it takes for a player to come back from a separated shoulder? Are we talking several weeks or a few months?

Jeez, you knew what I meant.

Freudian slip.:tongue:

voodoochile
04-13-2009, 04:47 PM

So it's Kroger?

soxfan43
04-13-2009, 04:48 PM
So it's Kroger?

Haha, good form.

BringBackBlkJack
04-13-2009, 04:49 PM
So it's Kroger?

Kroger PLUS.... The plus being the additional 'e' in his name. :redneck

MtGrnwdSoxFan
04-13-2009, 04:50 PM

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm117/mtgrnwdstar913/No-Darth_Vader.jpg

Sockinchisox
04-13-2009, 04:50 PM
He says Ozzie said the only way Owens won't be called up is if Kenny makes some other move before tomorrow.

russ99
04-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Does anyone have a general estimate of how long it takes for a player to come back from a separated shoulder? Are we talking several weeks or a few months?

Depends on the grade of the separation. I'm guessing 2-4 or 4-6 weeks. Then Wise would need a rehab assignment to get back into baseball shape.

DirtySox
04-13-2009, 04:58 PM
While I was pretty indifferent in regards to who played between Wise/BA, I really really hope that Owens is backing up BA in this case.

Demps2
04-13-2009, 05:02 PM
TOS is reporting that Owens will be called up unless KW makes a move.

NLaloosh
04-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Just say "boo".

UChicagoHP
04-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Get some rest Wise, you played a hell of a CF today, and may have saved the game with that amazing catch!

If it's Anderson, .250/.320 and excellent defense will be more than enough for a team that should score plenty of runs. I don't think that is much different than what DWise would have/and probably still will provide once healthy.

Get well Wise! You should have been treated a little better by the fans. :gulp:

palehozenychicty
04-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Why God? Why Owens? Why! :whiner:

BoysMom3
04-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Well I missed all the excitement today and just saw the injury during the postgame. Our electricity went out at the bottom of the 1st!! It came back on around 2:30, but with the cold and rain, I was napping and didn't feel like getting up. As a big FOBA, I am not pleased at all about Wise. That was a great hustle, a great play, and it looks like he had a good day.

soltrain21
04-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Well then I hope a move is made.

SOXfnNlansing
04-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Put Lillibridge in CF.

gobears1987
04-13-2009, 05:18 PM
The damn shame about the entire thing was that he made an amazing, possibly game saving catch. I hope Wise comes back 100% because he was starting to look good after he got dropped down in the order. This is coming from someone who was bitching about his hat trick while sitting in LF on opening day. He really was turning me over to his side when this happened.

ramblinsoxfan11
04-13-2009, 05:23 PM
It's a shame that great catch had to end with such a bad injury, I could tell he was hurt pretty bad after the catch when he yelled in pain before throwing the ball in. Hopefully he makes a quick recovery, he was finally starting to hit the ball.

On the positive side: Anderson had two stolen bases today, giving the Sox some more speed in the line up, which is always a good thing :D:

october23sp
04-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Hopefully Kenny is cooking up something. I didn't wish bad on Wise, I wanted him to succeed and hit .300 and be an asset to our team. He wasn't producing so I wasn't a fan. I really really don't want to see Owens anywhere near the Cell.

SoxGirl4Life
04-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Per Cowley:

"Brian Anderson took his spot in center, and will likely get a majority of the playing time with the news"

SoxGirl4Life
04-13-2009, 05:41 PM
I said it before, but.. just for good measure. According to Cowley, BA is going to get the majority of the starts

http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/2009/04/wise_has_a_separated_shoulder.html

JB98
04-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Wise saved the game today with that remarkable catch. Floyd would have blown the lead without that play.

Hope he gets well soon. I'm not an Owens fan, and I was glad Wise made the roster over Owens. BA should start ahead of Owens.

SoxSpeed22
04-13-2009, 05:56 PM
I doubt that Owens does much more other than a pinch-runner/ defensive replacement. Anderson will get his shot now, but in all reality, we will probably end up seeing someone else in center after July. It always stinks to see a big injury this early in the season, good luck BA.

russ99
04-13-2009, 05:56 PM
I sure wish they wouldnt wait til midyear for these things.

I guess they like the idea of getting leverage at the deadline. Besides just prolonging the need to spend.

I wonder how much of it is directives from JR, and how much is KW wanting to hit a homerun with a trade midyear. As in, he passes up lateral moves right now in the vague hope he could do a blockbuster one with the same prospects at the deadline.

The problem with dealing for a good player now isn't the payroll, it's that other teams aren't interested in trading players now. They just set their rosters and want to see how things pan out for a month or two before making any deals.

All that Kenny can do now is trade for a spare part or sign a FA.

Which IMO further exposes his failure for not doing something about CF this offseason...

jabrch
04-13-2009, 05:59 PM
I doubt that Owens does much more other than a pinch-runner/ defensive replacement.

For who?

:scratch:

chisox77
04-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Great catch by Wise today, and he was starting to hit. However, this translates into a great opportunity for BA. Even with Owens recalled, BA will get major playing time and plenty of at-bats. This may be his last best chance with the White Sox. But at least our best defensive outfielder (acknowledging TCQ's improvement) will be playing on a regular basis. I think this will be a good thing.

SoxSpeed22
04-13-2009, 06:08 PM
For who?

:scratch:I was thinking Quentin in left field. At least on the road, mainly the house of horrors, where we need speed to take away those bloop hits.

Frater Perdurabo
04-13-2009, 06:15 PM
For who?

:scratch:

Thome :tongue:

asindc
04-13-2009, 06:18 PM
He did fail, but as I mentioned before, who was out there to be had? Nobody seems to have answers about this, but they want something done. It wasn't a CF market to begin with this winter, and other than Crisp, who would've solidified that position?

KW should have put Griffey, Jr. in a time machine back to 1997 and then transported him back as a 27-year-old.

White City
04-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Who is Causeway, Lillibridge? If so why are you calling him Causeway?

A causeway is a little bridge -- not even really a bridge, just a roadway in a marsh.

Am I missing something, or does Kroeger make more sense?

oeo
04-13-2009, 06:39 PM
He did fail, but as I mentioned before, who was out there to be had? Nobody seems to have answers about this, but they want something done. It wasn't a CF market to begin with this winter, and other than Crisp, who would've solidified that position?

Josh Anderson, who appears is going to be a Sox killer, was available a few weeks ago. The Tigers got him for a minor league reliever.

Frankfan4life
04-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Please get well soon DeWayne.

Jerry, this is your chance. I know you didn't want it to come like this but I hope you take full advantage of this opportunity and do yourself and us proud.

chisox616
04-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Josh Anderson, who appears is going to be a Sox killer, was available a few weeks ago. The Tigers got him for a minor league reliever.

I was pretty upset when I saw that Detroit picked him up. We could've gotten him for essentially nothing yet we didn't even give him a shot.

Bad news about Wise, he was just starting to improve his game, too...agh! Maybe this is the start of the Lillibridge and Anderson era...?

Woofer
04-13-2009, 06:48 PM
This will be a great chance for Anderson to sink or swim here.
Or maybe Owens will get it together, and be useful for something.

I seperated my shoulder once playing a turkey bowl football game years ago. It really hurt like a bitch, and took a long time to heal, even with rehab. I think this was his throwing shoulder, Wise will not have much of a throwing arm for a while. It's too bad, his hitting was coming around some.

soltrain21
04-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Trade for Tony Gwynn Jr. I know he isn't very good, but I'd rather see him than Owens. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery anyway.

Tragg
04-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Owens is recalled - this is absolutely ridiculous.
Every team passes on the guy; he can't hit, throw or cover the field....but he makes this roster.
I knew it was a bad sign when the Sox just didn't let him go.
Hackers with speed.

voodoochile
04-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Owens is recalled - this is absolutely ridiculous.
Every team passes on the guy; he can't hit, throw or cover the field....I knew it was a bad sign when the Sox just didn't let him go.

Maybe just better than the other options. He was the last guy cut this spring so that would in turn make him the first recalled especially when the guy who took his spot is the one who got injured. This isn't rocket science...

JB98
04-13-2009, 07:12 PM
This will be a great chance for Anderson to sink or swim here.
Or maybe Owens will get it together, and be useful for something.

I seperated my shoulder once playing a turkey bowl football game years ago. It really hurt like a bitch, and took a long time to heal, even with rehab. I think this was his throwing shoulder, Wise will not have much of a throwing arm for a while. It's too bad, his hitting was coming around some.

False. The injury was to his right, non-throwing shoulder.

Tragg
04-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Maybe just better than the other options. He was the last guy cut this spring so that would in turn make him the first recalled especially when the guy who took his spot is the one who got injured. This isn't rocket science...
That he was the last guy cut in the spring begs the question.
Why was he the last guy cut? He certainly wasn't the next to best player. Owens is terrible.
If owens starts, that will pretty much prove points that people have been making re Anderson and Ozzie. We'll see.

As for trades, so far, Williams's trades of center fielders or for centerfielders haven't exactly fared very well. We could have gotten Josh Anderson dirt cheap.....
And we have a CF right now. And his obp is .375

Woofer
04-13-2009, 07:17 PM
False. The injury was to his right, non-throwing shoulder.

I stand corrected.

soltrain21
04-13-2009, 07:22 PM

Him being the last guy cut has really nothing to do with his ability.

FGarcia34
04-13-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm as upset about Owens being called up as anyone else. But if you cannot realize why the Sox chose to bring him up you're crazy. How many times do you see this team go from 1st to third on a single to right. Today, my eyes lit up when Lillibridge was able to score from 2nd on a base hit up the middle. This is something you need to do. I'm almost sure that this is Anderson's job to lose from here on out. Owens can pinch run for Thome, PK, JD, or AJ in late innings. Owens can also play some left field if needed to give either TCQ or JD a break. We aren't bringing Owens up because of his bat, that's obvious.

TomBradley72
04-13-2009, 07:41 PM
29 teams had zero interest in Jerry Owens. It's embarrassing to have him on our roster. KW has done alot to re-stock our farm system, but our lack of depth for outfielders is alarming. I hope BA gets the chance to start for a week or so, see if he can get in some kind of groove.

kittle42
04-13-2009, 07:54 PM
The outrage is amusing. They were either going to bring up Owens or Kroeger. At least Owens has played (badly or not) relatively substantial time in the majors.

Big whoop.

cbotnyse
04-13-2009, 07:56 PM
The outrage is amusing. They were either going to bring up Owens or Kroeger. At least Owens has played (badly or not) relatively substantial time in the majors.

Big whoop.sentence fragment (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sentence+fragment)

kittle42
04-13-2009, 08:05 PM
sentence fragment (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sentence+fragment)

Colloquialism.

cbotnyse
04-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Colloquialism.Always my favorite excuse.

doublem23
04-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Always my favorite excuse.

Jesus Christ.

:screwloose:

anewman35
04-13-2009, 08:21 PM
I was pretty upset when I saw that Detroit picked him up. We could've gotten him for essentially nothing yet we didn't even give him a shot.

I hate when people just assume stuff like this. How do any of us know what deals Kenny tries to make that don't work out?

daveeym
04-13-2009, 08:30 PM
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. We had two below average centerfielders before the injury and we will still have two now. Hopefully we'll get some answers on BA and Owens.

cbotnyse
04-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Jesus Christ.

:screwloose:I'm just messin' with kittle. He likes it. :teach:

Frater Perdurabo
04-13-2009, 08:32 PM
:tomatoaward:

getonbckthr
04-13-2009, 08:33 PM
What about trying to get Reggie Willits or Delwyn Young? Would either one be beneficial to us if Anderson doesnt do the job?

Frater Perdurabo
04-13-2009, 08:34 PM
What about trying to get Reggie Willits or Delwyn Young? Would either one be beneficial to us if Anderson doesnt do the job?

I've had a man-crush on Willits for some time. I don't know much about Young. I guess either would be fine with me.

DaveFeelsRight
04-13-2009, 08:35 PM
I highly doubt owens will be starting full time. He'll definitely be a pinch runner in late games.

DirtySox
04-13-2009, 08:43 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/04/white-soxs-gm-williams-makes-call-on-promotion-for-jerry-owens.html

Apparently it's now BA's job to lose. (As it should be.)

canOcorn
04-13-2009, 08:56 PM

I'd see what the Padres want for Gerut. His salary is minimal for the Sox and the Padres can replace him with Venable to see if he's got a future in a throw away season.

sunofgold
04-13-2009, 09:10 PM
In Brewer's AAA right now. Bats from the left side, has speed, decent defensively. Wouldn't mind him as the fourth outfielder while BA gets the chance to start.

thedudeabides
04-13-2009, 09:10 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/04/white-soxs-gm-williams-makes-call-on-promotion-for-jerry-owens.html

Apparently it's now BA's job to lose. (As it should be.)

Thats good, now lets hope he steps up and grabs a hold of it.

From the sound of the article, Owens will be on a very short lease, and may only be up until they can figure out another option.

If there is any thought of giving Lillibridge any regular starts in the outfield, there needs to be someone else on the team who can play SS.

russ99
04-13-2009, 09:18 PM
You love Jerry Owens.

Why would anyone trade for Owens? It was evident not one single team feels he can bring anything to the table after he cleared waivers.

I was surprised that he cleared waivers, but had he been picked up off waivers, he'd had to have still been kept on an MLB roster, as he was still out of options. So him not being picked up was partly due to his performance and partly that another team couldn't send him to AAA.

So yes, I still think he can be dealt, maybe a low-risk deal to go to the minors for another minor leaguer, or as a fill-in for an injured player. And yes, I obviously think he still can help the Sox. We're only a year from him winning a starting job in spring training, and a year and half from him hitting .267 with 32 steals for the Sox.

thedudeabides
04-13-2009, 09:42 PM
According to the article, it actually sounds like Anderson is on a very short leash with him already put on notice to produce or Owens will be starting. :(:

I'm not sure how you got that from the article. It says Brian is going to get a shot and if he fails, Owens will play. It goes as far as stating Owens will be on the team for the next couple of days. To me, it sounds like he may not even be around very long. We'll see, but it seems as if Ozzie doesn't even want him up.

Taliesinrk
04-13-2009, 09:55 PM
This is truly sad news. While I've been a huge FOBA, I can't imagine how tough this must be for Wise, a 31-year old career minor leaguer, to finally get his big-league, everyday shot only to get hurt the first week of the season. Hopefully he gets better soon... it's a very sad situation, IMO.

That said, I hope that Anderson gets it going. It'd be so nice to see a productive CF out there - it seems like it's been a while.

daveeym
04-13-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm not sure how you got that from the article. It says Brian is going to get a shot and if he fails, Owens will play. It goes as far as stating Owens will be on the team for the next couple of days. To me, it sounds like he may not even be around very long. We'll see, but it seems as if Ozzie doesn't even want him up.
I kinda got the same feeling corn did. It almost seemed like ozzie was implying that BA wasn't a "true" centerfielder.

Rdy2PlayBall
04-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Trying too hard because you guys say he sucks out there. For shame on you guys. :mad: Just kidding but I feel really sorry for him. He just started to be hitting like a monster (a monster for D. Wise) and he get's hurt trying to save the game. :(:

guillensdisciple
04-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Trying too hard because you guys say he sucks out there. For shame on you guys. :mad: Just kidding but I feel really sorry for him. He just started to be hitting like a monster (a monster for D. Wise) and he get's hurt trying to save the game. :(:

Any news on how long he will be out?

SoxGirl4Life
04-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Any news on how long he will be out?

4-6 weeks. And I, too, feel bad for the guy. Its been a rough first week for him between the booing, and the dropping down in the line-up, then finally clicking at the plate, and now this.

I, for one, will be cheering him loudly upon his return.

CWSpalehoseCWS
04-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Tough break for Wise, that was a hell of a catch and at the time a game-saving play. And he was finally coming around too. At least everyone is producing right now, so he shouldn't be missed too much in the lineup.

canOcorn
04-13-2009, 10:26 PM

That's my point. Ozzie states that if Brian doesn't produce Owens will be in there and if there's an 0-7 over two games will Owens be the starter?

guillensdisciple
04-13-2009, 10:34 PM
4-6 weeks. And I, too, feel bad for the guy. Its been a rough first week for him between the booing, and the dropping down in the line-up, then finally clicking at the plate, and now this.

I, for one, will be cheering him loudly upon his return.

I fully agree. There is no one who deserves a loud cheer of applause more than he does.

jabrch
04-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Josh Anderson, who appears is going to be a Sox killer, was available a few weeks ago.

Holy overreactions batman!

Lip Man 1
04-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Reports tonight are saying six weeks best case scenario...closer to eight weeks out is the more realistic view. Must be a bad separation.

Lip

JermaineDye05
04-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Wow, D-Wise gets no love. Separates his shoulder and DOESN'T make the web gems.

Sam Spade
04-14-2009, 01:11 AM

Maybe they thought it wasn't right to make light of the play.

guillensdisciple
04-14-2009, 04:31 AM
Even though it is horrible that it has to be decided this way, at least we will finally put the Brian Anderson versus center field discussion to rest. If he does well he will keep the job, and if he does poorly he will lose it when Wise gets back. Simple enough, and I will be happy when all the battle over who deserves what is over.

kittle42
04-14-2009, 10:13 AM
No, what I meant was bring up Beckham instead of Owens, I think he has earned it more than Owens has. Beckham can spell Ramirez at short while Ramirez replaces BA in CF. You also have Lillibridge who can go to either position. I'm just saying we have options that are better than bringing up a guy who was let go for nothing coming out of ST. I do not want to take Ramirez out of the lineup. I just think it sends a bad message that we are bringing up a guy who we released and picked up again because no one else in baseball wanted him. There should be other options.......

Bringing up Beckham to sit him on the bench 5/7 days is detrimental to his development.

jabrch
04-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Bringing up Beckham to sit him on the bench 5/7 days is detrimental to his development.

and stupid as well...

Beckham won't come up to MLB until they have a regular spot for him in the lineup. My hope is that this is not until OD 2010.

voodoochile
04-14-2009, 10:58 AM
and stupid as well...

Beckham won't come up to MLB until they have a regular spot for him in the lineup. My hope is that this is not until OD 2010.

September 2009?

DirtySox
04-14-2009, 11:01 AM

He was number 7 on Sportscenter's top plays at least.

jabrch
04-14-2009, 11:02 AM
September 2009?

I guess...but I wouldn't want that until after his minor league season is over. And I wouldn't want it with the intention of giving him meaningful ABs in a pennant race, assuming we will be in one.

Yeah, I guess he will be a Sept. call up, but I hope that's all it is. What I was getting at that I didn't verbalize well was that I don't want him up to either sit, or to play during this season just because we may have injuries or struggles. I really hope he is slotted to play here OD next year, and that we don't rush him.

SoxGirl4Life
04-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Sounds really bad for Wise. Grade 3 separation. Here's a blurb and the accompanying picture is awful.

Grade III - A complete separation of the joint. The acromioclavicular ligament, the coracoclavicular ligaments, and the capsule surrounding the joint are torn. Usually, the displacement is obvious on clinical exam. Without any ligament support, the shoulder falls under the weight of the arm and the clavicle is pushed up, causing a bump on the shoulder.

http://www.steadman-hawkins.com/shoulder_acSeperation/overview.asp

doublem23
04-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Sounds really bad for Wise. Grade 3 seperation. Here's a blurb and the accomanying picture is awful.

Grade III - A complete separation of the joint. The acromioclavicular ligament, the coracoclavicular ligaments, and the capsule surrounding the joint are torn. Usually, the displacement is obvious on clinical exam. Without any ligament support, the shoulder falls under the weight of the arm and the clavicle is pushed up, causing a bump on the shoulder.

Wikipedia, FWIW, puts recovery time on a Grade III shoulder separation at 12 weeks.

Jenks4Prez
04-14-2009, 12:04 PM
This is terrible news for the White Sox. Jerry BlOwens is a joke and 29 Major League GM's agree with me.

southside rocks
04-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Sounds really bad for Wise. Grade 3 separation. Here's a blurb and the accompanying picture is awful.

Oh, that's terrible news. Poor Dewayne Wise.

Lip Man 1
04-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Ozzie told Joe Cowley of the Sun-Times on Twitter this afternoon that he doesn't expect to see Wise until June.

And as much good as Kenny deserves credit for with this decade it is simply amazing that he hasn't begged, borrowed or stolen a "real" center fielder since dealing Aaron Rowand in November 2006.

Man that's a long time ago...

I agree with those who are speculating about Willits, Matthews Jr, or Pierre....but there's one problem.

Kenny says he can't take on anymore payroll at this time.

Frankly I don't think this will get corrected until the trade deadline...if then.

Lip

Flight #24
04-14-2009, 04:31 PM
IMO this is not so bad because as is probably well-known, I believe BA is a)better than Wise and b)given another real shot will show that he's an average or slightly above average offensive player and a superlative defensive player, which is all the Sox need in CF.

I also believe that a big reason why KW has not gone after Pierre/Matthews is because they either suck (Pierre) or don't provide enough of an upgrade to make it a good use of resources (i.e. he'd rather save that type of salary to make a move with more impact).

I think they'll see what BA and/or Owens can do and then based on that will either make a move for a CF or not.

asindc
04-14-2009, 04:38 PM
IMO this is not so bad because as is probably well-known, I believe BA is a)better than Wise and b)given another real shot will show that he's an average or slightly above average offensive player and a superlative defensive player, which is all the Sox need in CF.

I also believe that a big reason why KW has not gone after Pierre/Matthews is because they either suck (Pierre) or don't provide enough of an upgrade to make it a good use of resources (i.e. he'd rather save that type of salary to make a move with more impact).

I think they'll see what BA and/or Owens can do and then based on that will either make a move for a CF or not.

I think LAAAAAA was trying to move Matthews this offseason, but no one wants to take on his LAAAAAA contract, which is ridiculus now and was ridiculus when they gave it to him.

palehozenychicty
04-14-2009, 06:06 PM
I think LAAAAAA was trying to move Matthews this offseason, but no one wants to take on his LAAAAAA contract, which is ridiculus now and was ridiculus when they gave it to him.

Thank you. Matthews will have a lot more value in '10.

Whappeh
04-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Oh, that's terrible news. Poor Dewayne Wise.

I agree. I was pulling for him.

whitesox901
04-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Poor DeWayne

all*star quentin
04-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Get well soon Wise...maybe he'll heal as quickly as Contreras and Quentin:D:

Rdy2PlayBall
04-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Coop will fix him. :tongue:

No seriously that sucks, I really like Wise regardless of what you BA lovers/Wise haters thought. :(: Get well soon and well, damn that would be a crappy way to end a career if his arm doesn't heal right. Good thing it's not his throwing arm, may be back faster then we may think.

GlassSox
04-14-2009, 09:07 PM
That injury looks painful and I wish him a smooth recovery.

russ99
04-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Ozzie told Joe Cowley of the Sun-Times on Twitter this afternoon that he doesn't expect to see Wise until June.

Whoa. one sec, Ozzie uses Twitter? If so that's gotta be the first twitter feed that has it's own dump button. :D:

That is if you can understand it...

SoxGirl4Life
04-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Whoa. one sec, Ozzie uses Twitter? If so that's gotta be the first twitter feed that has it's own dump button. :D:

That is if you can understand it...

I'm pretty sure Ozzie is still fascinated with e-mail. Ozzie speaks, Cowley tweets :cool: