PDA

View Full Version : Goat's head outside Wrigley...Again.

cws05champ
04-13-2009, 07:32 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/04/goats-head-found-outside-wrigley-field.html

Another moron puts a goats head on the Harry Caray statue before their home opener. Of course according to the Tribune this is just a cute prank...

soxfan21
04-13-2009, 08:46 AM
This just once again shows how "classy" some cubs fans can be.

SoxGirl4Life
04-13-2009, 08:54 AM
I heard some guy being interviewed on 780 this morning. According to him, it was Sox fans trying to bring the Cubs down. :rolleyes:

Chez
04-13-2009, 09:02 AM
I heard some guy being interviewed on 780 this morning. According to him, it was Sox fans trying to bring the Cubs down. :rolleyes:

No doubt. Just like the Sox fans who infiltrate the bleachers at Wrigley and throw garbage on the field when there's a bad call. :D:

WhiteSox1989
04-13-2009, 09:02 AM

My friend is convinced of the same thing.

chisoxfanatic
04-13-2009, 09:08 AM
They do this...They have priests blessing the ballpark with holy water...I can't believe they haven't learned that none of this works in the past 101 years.

Law11
04-13-2009, 09:40 AM

Thats all my co-worker Cub Fans are saying to me.. Because Cub Fans would never do anything so tasteless.

Its too early to argue so I just told them to keep telling themselves that if it makes em feel better but I will differ just a tad.

Sockinchisox
04-13-2009, 09:42 AM
And Cubs fans wonder why they're so hated.

****ing idiots.

Lorenzo Barcelo
04-13-2009, 09:46 AM
My friend is convinced of the same thing.

My IQ dropped about 20 points reading the comments section of that article. :rolleyes:

Cuck the Fubs
04-13-2009, 09:58 AM
They do this...They have priests blessing the ballpark with holy water...I can't believe they haven't learned that none of this works in the past 101 years.

Hey, haven't you heard....This IS the year! :rolleyes:

WhiteSox1989
04-13-2009, 09:58 AM
My IQ dropped about 20 points reading the comments section of that article. :rolleyes:

I don't think I even want to read.

ChiSoxFan81
04-13-2009, 10:03 AM
I don't think I even want to read.

Or you're just a typical illiterate Sox fan. :redneck

thomas35forever
04-13-2009, 10:06 AM
As a wise man once said, those who don't learn their history are doomed to repeat it.

chisoxfanatic
04-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Hey, haven't you heard....This IS the year! :rolleyes:
If I have to see MORE books in the aisles at stores this year, I'll puke.

beasly213
04-13-2009, 11:20 AM

I'll laugh. Borders still has the "Year of Destiny" t shirts for sale. :rolleyes:

HomeFish
04-13-2009, 11:20 AM
My favorite was when a Cub fan tried to bring a goat into Minute Maid Park, got turned away at the door, and then proudly proclaimed that the Cubs would win the division because the curse was now "on the Astros".

Jim Shorts
04-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Why would a Sox fan hang a goat in effigy? Wouldn't the logical thing be to hang one of the players or Lou in effigy?

I mean, if you like the Sox and really dislike the Cubs, wouldn't the goat be your friend?

EndemicSox
04-13-2009, 11:37 AM
My favorite was when a Cub fan tried to bring a goat into Minute Maid Park, got turned away at the door, and then proudly proclaimed that the Cubs would win the division because the curse was now "on the Astros".

Ha, that's actually kind of funny...

SoxGirl4Life
04-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Why would a Sox fan hang a goat in effigy? Wouldn't the logical thing be to hang one of the players or Lou in effigy?

I mean, if you like the Sox and really dislike the Cubs, wouldn't the goat be your friend?

Oh stop using your silly logic! lol

cards press box
04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
As a wise man once said, those who don't learn their history are doomed to repeat it.

George Santayana said that "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." Santayana also defined fanaticism as "redoubling your effort when you've forgotten your aim." Hmmmm. That quote may have some application here, too.

Hitmen77
04-13-2009, 01:00 PM

No surprise there - typical Cub fan excuses. I have had Cub fans tell me that the crap that goes on at Wrigley (throwing stuff onto the field, yelling racial slurs at the players) are the fault of Sox fans who go to Wrigley.:rolleyes:

Iwritecode
04-13-2009, 01:13 PM

Win or lose, there will ALWAYS be more books every year.

Soxfanspcu11
04-13-2009, 01:19 PM
I'll laugh. Borders still has the "Year of Destiny" t shirts for sale. :rolleyes:

Don't you mean the "Year of DUSTiny"?

october23sp
04-13-2009, 04:01 PM
A girl in my class today asked me how I can hate the Cubs, needless to say I went on a rant. I got 2 other people in the class to like the Sox during said rant. Not baseball fans obviously, but I need all the help I can get up here.:D:

october23sp
04-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Win or lose, there will ALWAYS be more books every year.

What's funny is that each of those books has writing on the inside. What could they possibly say??

Soxman219
04-13-2009, 05:09 PM
A girl in my class today asked me how I can hate the Cubs, needless to say I went on a rant. I got 2 other people in the class to like the Sox during said rant. Not baseball fans obviously, but I need all the help I can get up here.:D:

That happened to me on Saturday! There was this chick who asked me how I could hate the Cubs. I had a 7-minute talk with her, now she's a Cards fan. Not a Sox fan, but close enough!

MarySwiss
04-13-2009, 06:01 PM
The first thing I thought of when I saw the headline was, "What, again?!?"

You'd think they could at least come up with some new cursebuster instead of hauling out the old one, which didn't work anyway. Oh, wait; I forgot. They did--blessing the dugout.

russ99
04-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Don't you mean the "Year of DUSTiny"?

Awesome. How soon we forget! :D:

I'll bet there's close to 101 of those catchy slogans...

chisoxfanatic
04-13-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm surprised they didn't burn James Loney's bat and make it into spaghetti sauce after he dominated them in October.

soxfan43
04-14-2009, 12:46 AM
That happened to me on Saturday! There was this chick who asked me how I could hate the Cubs. I had a 7-minute talk with her, now she's a Cards fan. Not a Sox fan, but close enough!

While in college during the Cubs playoff run in 2003, my 4 roommates from Cleveland ended up hating the Cubs and actually rooting for the Sox for the most part.

Sox
04-14-2009, 01:00 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/04/goats-head-found-outside-wrigley-field.html

Another moron puts a goats head on the Harry Caray statue before their home opener. Of course according to the Tribune this is just a cute prank...

Those darn Cub fans...what will they think of next?:rolleyes:

RadioheadRocks
04-14-2009, 01:39 AM
What's funny is that each of those books has writing on the inside. What could they possibly say??

My guess is "FINAL CLOSEOUT... 99 cents" (with a marker drawn through the barcode on the cover and a notch cut into it) :D:

guillensdisciple
04-14-2009, 03:34 AM

Isn't this a testament to how uneducated and misguided most Cubs fans are about the game of baseball?

FielderJones
04-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Dancin', dancin', dancin' so free (http://www.amazon.com/Goats-Head-Soup-Rolling-Stones/dp/B000000W5B)

MarkM2112
04-15-2009, 08:21 PM
No surprise there - typical Cub fan excuses. I have had Cub fans tell me that the crap that goes on at Wrigley (throwing stuff onto the field, yelling racial slurs at the players) are the fault of Sox fans who go to Wrigley.:rolleyes:

... but that would mean that more Sox fans go to Wrigley than USCF!!! :scratch:

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-16-2009, 06:14 AM
The first thing I thought of when I saw the headline was, "What, again?!?"

You'd think they could at least come up with some new cursebuster instead of hauling out the old one, which didn't work anyway. Oh, wait; I forgot. They did--blessing the dugout.

No - it's Sox fans' fault for putting the head of a goat out there. Same way it's our fault for the goat carcass a few years ago, the stands full of drunks, throwing garbage on the field, ivy dying in the outfield, etc etc etc....

I didn't teal this because we do get blamed for all of this - without a single retraction when it's learned to not be true.

The longer they focus on WHY they can't win, the longer it will take them to figure out HOW to win. Fine by me.

Frontman
04-16-2009, 08:02 AM

Next time we hear that, we as Sox fans need to point out, "How can us lowly Sox fans afford to pay the Cubs scalp...erm, 'ticket broker' fees?"

That, and point out Sox fans are vampires. I've heard some Cubs fans say the Sox are quote "afraid to play in the daytime."