PDA

View Full Version : Well that was quick...Milton Bradley.

JermaineDye05
04-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Left the game today after coming up limp rounding third base. My friend said it looked like it was a groin injury. Could be nothing, could be serious.

palehozenychicty
04-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Water is wet. Milton Bradley has leg problems. :tongue:

35th and Shields
04-13-2009, 12:07 AM
He's only played over 100 games three times in his career.

doublem23
04-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Groin strain

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/nl/2009-04-12-3970879154_x.htm

DrCrawdad
04-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Groin strain

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/nl/2009-04-12-3970879154_x.htm

I've learned a bit about muscle pulls the last year or so from my own experience. Minor sure wasn't the case for me as it nagged me for a long time.

Soto has gone down with a sore shoulder. I say run on him and run on him some more. Soto's status went from out 2 games to, out till Wednesday (four games).

We'll see about Bradley.

SoxSpeed22
04-13-2009, 12:52 AM
Those are the kind of injuries that could linger throughout the season. A groin strain will cause a lot of trouble since players are using their legs to rotate their hips a lot. He should end up on the DL.
Although it is funny how things work out, Reed Johnson replaces him and saves the game for them by robbing Prince Fielder of a grand slam that would've tied the game.

DrCrawdad
04-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Those are the kind of injuries that could linger throughout the season. A groin strain will cause a lot of trouble since players are using their legs to rotate their hips a lot. He should end up on the DL.
Although it is funny how things work out, Reed Johnson replaces him and saves the game for them by robbing Prince Fielder of a grand slam that would've tied the game.

Milwaukee's BP would probably have blown it (again). I heard so much about how the AL Central was bad, worse than the NL Central. Milwaukee has some sluggers but horrible pitching. Houston is not good. Pittsburgh is, well Pittsburgh again. I have yet to take a look at the Cards and Reds. But regardless, I'd take any AL Central team over the Astros, Pirates and even Brewers. That division is loaded with crap.

veeter
04-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Milwaukee's BP would probably have blown it (again). I heard so much about how the AL Central was bad, worse than the NL Central. Milwaukee has some sluggers but horrible pitching. Houston is not good. Pittsburgh is, well Pittsburgh again. I have yet to take a look at the Cards and Reds. But regardless, I'd take any AL Central team over the Astros, Pirates and even Brewers. That division is loaded with crap.NL Central is easily the worst division in baseball.

doublem23
04-13-2009, 09:09 AM
NL Central is easily the worst division in baseball.

Our Central division is looking pretty barfrific after 1 week of play.

DrCrawdad
04-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Our Central division is looking pretty barfrific after 1 week of play.

And the AL Central plays against better competition than the NL Central.

Is there any team in the AL Central that is on par with the Pirates? I'd put the worst teams in the AL Central against every team in the NL Central other than the Cubs, and the AL Central would come out on top.

whitem0nkey
04-13-2009, 10:39 AM
He's only played over 100 games three times in his career.

MB said that is because he was playing during contract years so he had to take him self out if he was not 100%. Because his numbers would suffer and he needed to get paid. but now since he has a multiyear deals he will play even if he is 100%....

thomas35forever
04-13-2009, 11:08 AM
NL Central is easily the worst division in baseball.
Nuh-uh! The Phillies won the World Series last year! That makes the National League the superior league!

havelj
04-13-2009, 12:59 PM
'We won't know anything more until [today],'' said Piniella, who added that Bradley told him he felt the tightness that inning when he advanced to second on a walk.

ComiskeyBrewer
04-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Is there any team in the AL Central that is on par with the Pirates? I'd put the worst teams in the AL Central against every team in the NL Central other than the Cubs, and the AL Central would come out on top.

While i think the ALC is better, i don't agree with that statement at all. I'd say the Brewers and Cardinals are easily better than the indians and probably the Tigers/Royals. However, the stros and Bucs are possibly the two worst teams in baseball.

asindc
04-13-2009, 02:26 PM
While i think the ALC is better, i don't agree with that statement at all. I'd say the Brewers and Cardinals are easily better than the indians and probably the Tigers/Royals. However, the stros and Bucs are possibly the two worst teams in baseball.

Brewers have no pitching. They would finish no better than 4th in the AL Central.

ComiskeyBrewer
04-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Brewers have no pitching. They would finish no better than 4th in the AL Central.

Maybe, but niether do the twins or indians (i'm not real impressed with the tigers either). And the brewers have much better hitting than those two teams.

Marqhead
04-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Maybe, but niether do the twins or indians (i'm not real impressed with the tigers either). And the brewers have much better hitting than those two teams.

???

The Twins have all kinds of pitching...

ComiskeyBrewer
04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
i mistyped, i didn't mean the twins.

WizardsofOzzie
04-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Sounds like he might have re-aggravated it this week after attempting to play in the field.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4092412

From reading the article it sounds like "The worlds greatest fans" are already turning on him.

Iwritecode
04-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Sounds like he might have re-aggravated it this week after attempting to play in the field.

From reading the article it sounds like "The worlds greatest fans" are already turning on him.

I heard the boos when they showed the "highlight" of him getting rung up watching strike three come right down the middle of the plate.

He thought it was a ball and started to head towards first. :rolleyes:

thedudeabides
04-23-2009, 03:46 PM

He's not helping himself out. He won't talk to the media, the only time he did was after his only hit of the season, go figure. He's also appealing a suspension while he is sitting on the bench not playing. Way to be a team player, and the awesome teamate the Trib keeps portraying him to be.

WizardsofOzzie
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
He's not helping himself out. He won't talk to the media, the only time he did was after his only hit of the season, go figure. He's also appealing a suspension while he is sitting on the bench not playing. Way to be a team player, and the awesome teamate the Trib keeps portraying him to be.
I didn't even think about that.....bravo Milton :scratch: