PDA

View Full Version : My bold BOLD prediction

JermaineDye05
04-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I was talking to my friend last night and made one of the boldest predictions ever in my career as a white sox fan. Usually when they White Sox are losing a game they should win, I like to say crazy untrue statements. However, this one I was serious about. I don't know why, even I see this as a <0% chance of happening. But I still have this feeling. I made a point of saying that I won't be wrong about this one like I was about Nick Masset.

I predict that the year Gordon Beckham makes his debut. I mean his first full season in the bigs. Not only will he win the ROY but he will also win the MVP. You can quote me on that. (I think one of my basis for this is that Dustin Pedroia won last year, so I figure Beckham could equate those numbers if not destroy them)

IF I am wrong: The day the MVP is decided, I will wear my Nick Masset shirt proudly.

Don't bash me, just trying to be positive:D:.

Oh and no I wasn't drinking at the time.:D::D:

WhiteSox1989
04-11-2009, 02:48 PM
My bold prediction is that the Sox will make it to the world series.

I can see your prediction happening though. At least the ROY prediction.

DirtySox
04-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Oh and no I wasn't drinking at the time.:D::D:

Are you drinking now? :smile:

areilly
04-11-2009, 02:58 PM
My bold prediction is the Sox get their asses handed to them by a superior team at least once more before the season ends.

DaveFeelsRight
04-11-2009, 03:18 PM
why on earth would anyone create a nick masset shirt in the first place?

munchman33
04-11-2009, 04:03 PM
My bold prediction is that Beckham starts next year (or sooner) as the everyday shortstop...and Getz is at second. Alexei will be traded this offseason or perhaps midseason, as part of a package for Dodgers CF Matt Kemp.

JermaineDye05
04-11-2009, 04:04 PM
why on earth would anyone create a nick masset shirt in the first place?

I had a feeling, usually my feelings are spot on but that one was way off needless to say lol.

Boondock Saint
04-11-2009, 07:26 PM
My bold prediction is that Beckham starts next year (or sooner) as the everyday shortstop...and Getz is at second. Alexei will be traded this offseason or perhaps midseason, as part of a package for Dodgers CF Matt Kemp.

:bundy:

chisox77
04-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I like bold predictions.

Frater Perdurabo
04-11-2009, 07:33 PM
This is a bold prediction.

Actually, in the preseason prediction thread, I predicted the Sox to win 95 games and the World Series this year. How's that for bold?

DaveFeelsRight
04-11-2009, 07:34 PM
My bold prediction is that Beckham starts next year (or sooner) as the everyday shortstop...and Getz is at second. Alexei will be traded this offseason or perhaps midseason, as part of a package for Dodgers CF Matt Kemp.that had me thinking, someone has to go if beckham is going to start within the next year or two. unless he has a position change

Frater Perdurabo
04-11-2009, 07:36 PM
that had me thinking, someone has to go if beckham is going to start the next year or two. unless he gets a position change

I think Beckham winds up at third. He seems to have the bat to play there. (Even though I think it's ridiculous to position players on the field based on how they hit.) I think Fields eventually moves to 1B/DH when Paulie's contract expires.

munchman33
04-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I think Beckham winds up at third. He seems to have the bat to play there. (Even though I think it's ridiculous to position players on the field based on how they hit.) I think Fields eventually moves to 1B/DH when Paulie's contract expires.

And Viciedo? He's in the organizations long term plans, probably for the role you are giving Fields.

DSpivack
04-11-2009, 10:21 PM
And Viciedo? He's in the organizations long term plans, probably for the role you are giving Fields.

Fields=1B, Viciedo=DH? This is assuming they both become viable, everyday ballplayers. That's a nice thought, but definitely not a sure thing.

rustysurf83
04-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Fields=1B, Viciedo=DH? This is assuming they both become viable, everyday ballplayers. That's a nice thought, but definitely not a sure thing.
Viciedo could turn into a corner outfielder. Fields stays at third. Getz is a utility. Brandon Allen turns into a good 1b. Beckham plays 2b.

CashMan
04-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Viciedo could turn into a corner outfielder. Fields stays at third. Getz is a utility. Brandon Allen turns into a good 1b. Beckham plays 2b.

Disagree about Getz. He seems like he will be a player, as for Dayan, he seems to me(haven't looked at stats), that he needs to get his strikeout/walk ratio in check a bit, might need a year or so seasoning in the minors. I could see Beckham at 3rd. Remember, Thome is done after this year, and Paulie will be a year after that.

Frater Perdurabo
04-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Sticking with BOLD predictions:

2010: Thome & Dye gone, Beckham 3B, Fields/Paulie 1B/DH, Viciedo LF, TCQ RF.

2011: Paulie gone, Fields/Allen 1B/DH.

2012: AJ gone, Flowers C, Danks CF.

Metalthrasher442
04-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Sticking with BOLD predictions:

2010: Thome & Dye gone, Beckham 3B, Fields/Paulie 1B/DH, Viciedo LF, TCQ RF.

2011: Paulie gone, Fields/Allen 1B/DH.

2012: AJ gone, Flowers C, Danks CF.

Haven't seen that much of Viciedo.. but him in the out field just sounds gross.

Fields is showing some signs of being a good third baseman defensively why put Beckham there instead of him?

I think the only possible places for Beckham are second or short. There's my prediction!

BadBobbyJenks
04-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I mean there is bold and there is insane.

gregp65
04-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Viciedo at third, beckham at short, ramirez at second and fields at first.

soltrain21
04-12-2009, 12:21 PM
I can say with 100 percent certainty that Beckham will not win the MVP this year.

TDog
04-12-2009, 01:17 PM
... Alexei will be traded this offseason or perhaps midseason, as part of a package for Dodgers CF Matt Kemp.

Alexei Ramirez has the most baseball talent of anyone on the White Sox. If the White Sox needed to move him to make room for other middle infielders and gain a centerfielder, they would move Ramirez to center, not to another team.

JermaineDye05
04-13-2009, 01:35 AM
I can say with 100 percent certainty that Beckham will not win the MVP this year.

Of course he won't, his first full season won't be until next year :cool::tongue:

oeo
04-13-2009, 01:46 AM
Viciedo at third, beckham at short, ramirez at second and fields at first.

Fields > Viciedo at 3B and Alexei > Beckham at SS.

Nellie_Fox
04-13-2009, 01:47 AM
We already know what kind of ballplayer Alexei is. Why is everyone so quick to want to move him out of his best position to make room for a player who hasn't proven anything yet?

oeo
04-13-2009, 01:50 AM
We already know what kind of ballplayer Alexei is. Why is everyone so quick to want to move him out of his best position to make room for a player who hasn't proven anything yet?

To fix our gaping hole in CF.

BadBobbyJenks
04-13-2009, 02:05 AM
To fix our gaping hole in CF.

If he isn't any good out there, I am not sure any hole is patched up. It appears Alexei can play short at a gold glove level, you dont move said player to the outfield.

nasox
04-13-2009, 02:18 AM
If he isn't any good out there, I am not sure any hole is patched up. It appears Alexei can play short at a gold glove level, you dont move said player to the outfield.

And he can hit taboot, which means he can actually win a gold glove!

oeo

Let's not get crazy here, we've seen him for a week and we're calling him a Gold Glove SS already? Ozzie said it himself: you're going to see some magnificent plays and then you're going to see some complete head scratchers. You need consistency to win a Gold Glove.

Regardless, maybe not permanently, but out of necessity, why not? He shows his athletic ability a lot more at SS, and I think it's something that would shine in CF.

Nellie_Fox
To fix our gaping hole in CF.Moving Alexei to his third-best (at best) position hardly fixes a gaping hole. He was a below-average center fielder, a pretty good second baseman, and appears to be a very good shortstop. You don't move him to make room for Beckham unless Beckham beats him for the job.

Nellie_Fox
04-13-2009, 02:19 AM
And he can hit taboot...Who's "taboot?"

oeo
04-13-2009, 02:22 AM
Moving Alexei to his third-best (at best) position hardly fixes a gaping hole. He was a below-average center fielder, a pretty good second baseman, and appears to be a very good shortstop. You don't move him to make room for Beckham unless Beckham beats him for the job.

CF was called his second best position coming in last year...

You're forgetting that he was a dreadful second baseman in Spring Training last year. Some work got him to 'pretty good' by the end of the year.

SoxSpeed22
04-13-2009, 02:27 AM
Who's "taboot?"http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=taboot

I think that Alexei is better off at shortstop, a lot of it depends on the kind of moves that Kenny will make. I think that he can get a serviceable centerfielder for this year without giving up any of our core prospects.

cws05champ
04-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Let's not get crazy here, we've seen him for a week and we're calling him a Gold Glove SS already? Ozzie said it himself: you're going to see some magnificent plays and then you're going to see some complete head scratchers. You need consistency to win a Gold Glove.

No....you need to put up good offensive numbers and have some hype surrounding you. I could care less if Alexei wins a Gold Glove or not, I just want him to make the plays he should make and make the occasional spectacular play.

EndemicSox
04-13-2009, 11:22 AM

Kemp would be a dream come true, but the Dodgers would be foolish to trade him. Alexei in CF is probably the LT plan, imo...