PDA

View Full Version : FOX blackouts may soon be history

Fenway
04-11-2009, 12:56 AM
FOX on Saturday will be testing in some (but not all) markets a system where all 3 regional games can be seen on the same station.They will use the DT sub-channels to show the other 2 feeds not being shown on the main channel.However many FOX stations don't have the proper switching equipment to do this including WFLD but soon will. In any event you need to use your DT tuner as most cable and dish companies don't pick up the sub-channels.Of course FOX has not posted a list of what markets that will show all 3 games

cnw8052
04-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Well, this would've been nice today. Looks like I'm getting the Cardinals game on my FOX network (KLJB Fox-18). We usually always got the Sox games on Fox, but not this year I guess :angry:

DirtySox
04-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Well, this would've been nice today. Looks like I'm getting the Cardinals game on my FOX network (KLJB Fox-18). We usually always got the Sox games on Fox, but not this year I guess :angry:

I usually get Sox games as well, but today has Houston/St. Louis. Makes me very unhappy. :(:

moochpuppy
04-12-2009, 08:48 AM
This would be great since I am sick of watching the BoSox EVERY FRIGIN' SATURDAY AFTERNOON!!! :angry:

kevingrt
04-12-2009, 10:57 AM
That is pretty awesome. Cannot wait till we get all games in all sports without having to pay fees. The fees for NBA, NFL, and NHL are okay because you can get them from nearly any cable company. The NFL is terrible though only offering through Direct Tv. Oh well though.

Should be a cool idea. Hopefully it works.

voodoochile
04-12-2009, 10:57 AM
This would be great since I am sick of watching the BoSox EVERY FRIGIN' SATURDAY AFTERNOON!!! :angry:

Tell me about it. I just wish they'd lift the MLB.TV restrictions and pay FOX or just broadcast the entire game, commercials and all...

Whappeh
04-12-2009, 10:59 AM

lol yeah really.

manders_01
04-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Tell me about it. I just wish they'd lift the MLB.TV restrictions and pay FOX or just broadcast the entire game, commercials and all...

Totally agree. It'd be one thing if it was only one game that was blacked out but being that it's more than one and there's no outlet for the others, it's hard for me not to believe that a majority of baseball lovers miss the game they want.

I want Mags back
04-12-2009, 11:24 AM
I don't get why FOX just doesn't do what CBS does for March Madness and play the out of market games online for free, with all the regular commercials.

kcsportscaster
04-12-2009, 11:29 AM
FOX on Saturday will be testing in some (but not all) markets a system where all 3 regional games can be seen on the same station.They will use the DT sub-channels to show the other 2 feeds not being shown on the main channel.However many FOX stations don't have the proper switching equipment to do this including WFLD but soon will. In any event you need to use your DT tuner as most cable and dish companies don't pick up the sub-channels.Of course FOX has not posted a list of what markets that will show all 3 games

What about markets such as Mobile, AL/Pensacola, FL, where the local Fox doesn't have a digital subchannel to my knowledge, but does have a duopoly with the local CW? I certainly would love to have watched the Sox's rout over the Twinkies yesterday, but we were stuck with the other Sox at Angels.