PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Long bus ride back to Charlotte Mikey 4/10 Post Game Thread

BadBobbyJenks
04-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Good showing by the pen tonight, Discuss.

Rdy2PlayBall
04-10-2009, 11:12 PM
At least it was just the worst part of our pen. Richard didn't do THAT bad, a HR and a walk doesn't mean he sucks. Just a 5 bad pitches.

october23sp
04-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Good showing by the pen tonight, Discuss.

I don't wanna.:(:

SoxGirl4Life
04-10-2009, 11:13 PM
We all know what MacDougal is about, yet we keep trotting him out there. But he had a lot of help out there tonight. This one is completely on the Sox bullpen. Jose wasn't great, but we were still in it when he left.

Frater Perdurabo
04-10-2009, 11:13 PM
If MacDougal goes back to Charlotte, doesn't that bump a better, more deserving pitcher back to Birmingham? And doesn't that bump someone back to Winston-Salem, etc.

Why not just release him outright?

LoveYourSuit
04-10-2009, 11:14 PM
This is doesn't have to do about the rest of the season, as I still think we can win this thing because the competition is not that good, but the *** did we do for 45 days of ST?

Our fundementals continue to suck along with situational hitting.

CubsfansareDRUNK
.....meh....

Boondock Saint
If this loss means that MacDougal doesn't pitch in Chicago again, I'll eat it.

This game sucked for a myriad of reasons, but at the end of the day, they all count as one win or one loss. This is one loss. I hope people remember that as they post in this thread.

october23sp
04-10-2009, 11:15 PM
This is doesn't have to do about the rest of the season, as I still think we can win this thing because the competition is not that good, but the *** did we do for 45 days of ST?

Isn't it ironic that we are the only team in the league with the big word Fundamentals spelled out in our stadium?

SoxGirl4Life
You know, coming into the season, I was hoping for a surprise start like last year. But the more I see, the more I'm realizing that this is exactly what I should have expected.

Blueprint1
When is it time to start getting worried?

october23sp
04-10-2009, 11:16 PM

I was wonderin the same thing.

Frater Perdurabo
We all know what MacDougal is about, yet we keep trotting him out there. But he had a lot of help out there tonight. This one is completely on the Sox bullpen. Jose wasn't great, but we were still in it when he left.

Yes, the bullpen - especially MacDooDoo - crapped the bed. But the Walkerball offense failed utterly to take advantage of rare Twins errors and the craptacular R.A. Dickey in the early innings.

R.A. Dickey couldn't cut it on the pitching-inept Rangers. But leave it to the Sox to make him look like an All-Star.

Viva Medias B's
:popcorn:

Rongey is doing the postgame show from The Bullpen Sports Bar.

veeter
04-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Contreras set the tone being behind every freakin' hitter. I have news for Hawk, Contreras can lose 30 more pounds, he's just not very good anymore. I'm still hopeful with this team. Pauly, Getz and Fields all look really good. Minnesota was handed one center cut fastball after another tonight. To their credit they didn't miss any of them.

Brian26
Garfien and Melton are speculating that MacDougal has now pitched his last game for the Sox.

I was speculating that back in 2007.

Boondock Saint

At least he won't have to go far to recover from it afterward.

nsolo
04-10-2009, 11:18 PM
I was wonderin the same thing.
I'm still good. I NEVER start to worry until the team is on the cusp of a 4 game losing steak.................HEY!!!!!!

october23sp
Yes, the bullpen - especially MacDooDoo - crapped the bed. But the Walkerball offense failed utterly to take advantage of rare Twins errors and the craptacular R.A. Dickey in the early innings.

R.A. Dickey couldn't cut it on the pitching-inept Rangers. But leave it to the Sox to make him look like an All-Star.

Yeah, but that means he will stick around for a different team to shell him for 10 runs and then the Sox will pick up a game on the Twins.

ChiSoxGirl

Me thinks it will be epic. :popcorn:

And yeah, MacDoodieInMyPants really stunk up the joint tonight, but really... what new?! When the hell is he going to be permanently removed from the team???

SoxGirl4Life
04-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Contreras set the tone being behind every freakin' hitter. I have news for Hawk, Contreras can lose 30 more pounds, he's just not very good anymore. I'm still hopeful with this team. Pauly, Getz and Fields all look really good. Minnesota was handed one center cut fastball after another tonight. To their credit they didn't miss any of them.

I agree there were some positives, even Mr Wise was 2-4. People are going to say its meaningless, but it breaks the ice.

Getz, Fields, Pauly, even Q with that homerun, all encouraging.

Frater Perdurabo

That's because Ozzie doesn't teach them or emphasize them. He makes a big showing of it, foaming with diarrhea at the mouth about emphasizing fundamentals, but then abandons it a day later when his ADD turns his attention and his mouth to something else. Ozzie is a preening peacock - all show, no substance.

JB98
If this loss means that MacDougal doesn't pitch in Chicago again, I'll eat it.

This game sucked for a myriad of reasons, but at the end of the day, they all count as one win or one loss. This is one loss. I hope people remember that as they post in this thread.

Absolutely. This was a tight ballgame until the seventh inning. Then, MacDougal came in and things got out of hand.

The guy needs to be released. He can't be trusted in a close game.

JB98
04-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Me thinks it will be epic. :popcorn:

And yeah, MacDoodieInMyPants really stunk up the joint tonight, but really... what new?! When the hell is he going to be permanently removed from the team???

Hopefully, right now, as we type, he is being told to pack his bags.

ChiSoxGirl
Absolutely. This was a tight ballgame until the seventh inning. Then, MacDougal came in and things got out of hand.

The guy needs to be released. He can't be trusted in a close game.

He can't be trusted... PERIOD!!! :angry:

Boondock Saint
First caller in the postgame show is a winner... HE STINKS! :rolling:

Sorry, Ranger.

SoxGirl4Life
Thome? Really, he's the first post-game victim.. lol.. And the Ranger!

Jurr
04-10-2009, 11:22 PM
1-3 sucks out loud. The Sox better get to work tomorrow.

Konerko05
What is with Guillen bringing in the infield every time a runner is on third base?

Man on third, no outs in the 5th inning? Seriously?

Bases loaded, no outs in the 7th down 5 to 3? Beyond stupid decision.

I could see doing it in the 8th or 9th inning of a one run/tie game, but all he's doing is asking for a big inning. With the way the White Sox were hitting and pitching it just doesn't make any sense. Guillen's just hoping they hit the ball directly at one of our infielders?

MacDougal has to go. He can't throw strikes and he's a waste of a bullpen spot. The Sox need to call up another long man. With Contreras and Colon throwing back to back, we need guys who can throw 3 innings. Now we just have to hope Colon can give a good 5 innings tomorrow.

Viva Medias B's
First caller, Marie, ripping Thome. Rongey called her crazy.

Brian26
First caller, Marie from Forest Park, is going crazy on Jim Thome because he stinks and always strikes out. :scratch:

JB98
Garfien and Melton are speculating that MacDougal has now pitched his last game for the Sox.

I was speculating that back in 2007.

Please, God, let it be true. I'm a humble man, and I don't ask for much.

october23sp

Correct. 8 pitches. 8 Balls. 1 Wild Pitch.

SoxGirl4Life
04-10-2009, 11:23 PM

Well, he's right. She's a little goofy.

Edit: "You can't argue with crazy".. lmao

JB98
04-10-2009, 11:24 PM
First caller, Marie from Forest Park, is going crazy on Jim Thome because he stinks and always strikes out. :scratch:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

We'd be 0-4 without Jim Thome right now. We might have lost Game #163 without him too.

Viva Medias B's
Rongey basically telling Marie that she's an idiot.

Boondock Saint
Poor Ranger can't finish a sentence...

BadBobbyJenks
04-10-2009, 11:25 PM
What is with Guillen bringing in the infield every time a runner is on third base?

I could see doing it in the 8th or 9th inning of a one run/tie game, but all he's doing is asking for a big inning. With the way the White Sox were hitting and pitching it just doesn't make any sense. Guillen's just hoping they hit the ball directly at one of our infielders?

This is probably going to go unnoticed with all the Mcdougal hate, but those were stupid decisions. Delmon Young hits into a double play if the infield is at double play depth instead of playing in.

SoxGirl4Life
"you can't argue with crazy"!

:rolling:

veeter
Correct. 8 pitches. 8 Balls. 1 Wild Pitch.AJ gave it to MacDougal pretty good out there.

Lip Man 1
04-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Well a few days ago OEO said that if the Sox couldn't beat up Dickey the fans had a right to be angry.

I guess it's now open season eh?

I may be wrong but I think MacDougal has faced four batters this season and allowed every one of them to reach base. He hasn't recorded a single out.

If someone could check this I'd appreciate it.

Liriano goes tomorrow against Colon. Odds don't appear to be in the Sox favor.

Everyone remembers how a bad first week set the tone for the Tigers season last year. As D.J. would say, "uh-oh..."

Lip

Sockinchisox
I like Getz and Fields 1 and 2.

Thats about all I can think of, so ya.

soxfan21
I hope we take the next two and get back to .500 before we hit the road.

ChiSoxGirl
04-10-2009, 11:27 PM
First caller in the postgame show is a winner... HE STINKS! :rolling:

Sorry, Ranger.

It's epic already! :popcorn:

Correct. 8 pitches. 8 Balls. 1 Wild Pitch.

He's such a tool.

Brian26
04-10-2009, 11:27 PM

MacDougal has to go. He can't throw strikes and he's a waste of a bullpen spot. The Sox need to call up another long man. With Contreras and Colon throwing back to back, we need guys who can throw 3 innings. Now we just have to hope Colon can give a good 5 innings tomorrow.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2194269&postcount=475

JB98
04-10-2009, 11:28 PM

Well, anyone can pitch when it is 10-1. They could bring Farmio out of retirement and have him throw a couple innings in a lopsided game and probably be OK.

My litmus test for relief pitchers has always been this: Can he be trusted in a close game? If the answer to that question is no, it's time to send a guy packing. You can't afford to waste a roster spot on a guy who can't handle anything except mop-up duty.

When the heat is on, MacDougal fails every single time. He tried to blow yesterday's game too. Thornton managed to clean up that puddle of puke. As it turns out, Mac's stay of execution lasted one day.

Viva Medias B's
04-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Second caller, Julio in a car, more optimistic than Marie and thinks Contreras was getting squeezed.

october23sp
04-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Hey look! I'm a WSI church elder now!:bandance:

Konerko05
04-10-2009, 11:32 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2194269&postcount=475

It just boggles my mind. I think Guillen needs an intelligent bench coach to refute these kind of decisions.

nsolo
Now I'm hearing Melton say that when the weather heats up, our guys will start hitting better. What a load!

SoxGirl4Life
A great bullpen? After tonight? Crank call?

Viva Medias B's
John in Huntington Beach, CA, told Marie to "move back to the North Side." Rongey said "back to the asslym." Thinks BA should be the regular center fielder and lead off batter.

october23sp
04-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Is there any place on-line I can listen to these callers?

ChiSoxGirl
Well, anyone can pitch when it is 10-1. They could bring Farmio out of retirement and have him throw a couple innings in a lopsided game and probably be OK.

My litmus test for relief pitchers has always been this: Can he be trusted in a close game? If the answer to that question is no, it's time to send a guy packing. You can't afford to waste a roster spot on a guy who can't handle anything except mop-up duty.

When the heat is on, MacDougal fails every single time. He tried to blow yesterday's game too. Thornton managed to clean up that puddle of puke. As it turns out, Mac's stay of execution lasted one day.

I agree with everything you said. What gets me, though, is that this guy even made the team again! Hasn't he been demoted to AAA more than once during his tenure on the south side? What is it about this guy that makes people in the organization think he can pitch?! And why does he keep getting rewarded with a roster spot???

SoxGirl4Life

Sometimes MLB.com radio feed carries it for a while.

Marqhead
04-10-2009, 11:34 PM

No kidding, I've always missed out on Rongey but this sounds like GOLD JERRY GOLD!

LoveYourSuit
04-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Anyone catch Coop at the Cork last Sunday and all the crap coming out of Coop's big mouth? I wanted Rongey to take him to task. Coop had the balls to state that MacDougal was one of the best 12 men they had for the job and that's why he made it north with the club.

Who are you crappen Coop. Your errogant ass needs to get a clue. If this is your evaluation of talent, then something has gone wrong with you.

JB98
04-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Now I'm hearing Melton say that when the weather heats up, our guys will start hitting better. What a load!

Ramirez will hit better when the weather warms up.

Konerko05
04-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Call up Egbert for tomorrow's game.

Viva Medias B's
04-10-2009, 11:36 PM

Wasn't that supposed to hapeen already considering that we stopped calling him "Alice-ay"?

LoveYourSuit
04-10-2009, 11:37 PM
John in Huntington Beach, CA, told Marie to "move back to the North Side." Rongey said "back to the asslym." Thinks BA should be the regular center fielder and lead off batter.

Marie sounds like a dumb ass, but why the hell does some moron always have to follow up with "move back to the north side" nonesense?

Why do the Cubs always have to be on Sox fans minds?

It's ****ing sickening. Just as bad as bad callers.

Brian26
I agree with everything you said. What gets me, though, is that this guy even made the team again!

Free BA & Wassermann!

nsolo

Geez, I'd hope so, because I don't think he could get worse.

SoxGirl4Life
Look! We have 48 guests! and only 34 members viewing this thread. :rolleyes:

Marqhead
04-10-2009, 11:38 PM

They are asking for a meltdown. Who wants to put on a show!?

LoveYourSuit

The Mall of America closes at 10, nothing else to do in that ****ty town.

Noneck
Sure hope, considering he is batting .000.

Viva Medias B's
Doug in a car wants to fire Ozzie.:rolleyes::o::rolleyes:

How long before Ranger chugs a bottle of Jack?

veeter
Ramirez will hit better when the weather warms up.Yes he will. So will Carlos, Jermaine and AJ. This team is going to drive us nuts, just like last year. But they're going to win a lot of games.

LoveYourSuit
04-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Doug in a car wants to fire Ozzie.:rolleyes::o::rolleyes:

How long before Ranger chugs a bottle of Jack?

Was that Frater?

JB98
04-10-2009, 11:39 PM
I agree with everything you said. What gets me, though, is that this guy even made the team again! Hasn't he been demoted to AAA more than once during his tenure on the south side? What is it about this guy that makes people in the organization think he can pitch?! And why does he keep getting rewarded with a roster spot???

He was removed from the 40-man roster last year, so yes, he has been demoted multiple times. He throws the ball 95 mph, and GMs and pitching coaches often fall in love with guys who throw the ball as hard as MacDougal does. They often think, "If I can just harness this guy's talent..."

Well, that doesn't always work out so well. Baseball history is full of guys who threw the ball hard, but washed out because of control problems and other mental issues.

Teams keep throwing millions of dollars at Kyle Farnsworth because he throws the ball 95 mph. Likewise, the Sox keep getting snookered by MacDougal and his "nasty stuff." Let's hope to God this is the last loss we ever have to suffer because of Mike MacDougal.

SoxGirl4Life
04-10-2009, 11:40 PM
They are asking for a meltdown. Who wants to put on a show!?

The Mall of America closes at 10, nothing else to do in that ****ty town.

This game was completely on the Sox ineptitude, not on the Twins vast talent.

Viva Medias B's
04-10-2009, 11:40 PM
The bullpen has Mark in a car scared. Mark also said two people ran onto the field and asked Ranger an inane question related to that.

Frater Perdurabo
04-10-2009, 11:41 PM
It just boggles my mind. I think Guillen needs an intelligent bench coach to refute these kind of decisions.

Ozzie was a better manager when Baines was his bench coach.

sox1970
Bizarre postgame. This season is off to a great start.

veeter
If MacDougal is released, who takes his spot. Jhonny Nunez, Broadway, Egbert?

BadBobbyJenks
Oh Ranger, I feel bad for him tonight.

ChiSoxGirl
He was removed from the 40-man roster last year, so yes, he has been demoted multiple times. He throws the ball 95 mph, and GMs and pitching coaches often fall in love with guys who throw the ball as hard as MacDougal does. They often think, "If I can just harness this guy's talent..."

Well, that doesn't always work out so well. Baseball history is full of guys who threw the ball hard, but washed out because of control problems and other mental issues.

Teams keep throwing millions of dollars at Kyle Farnsworth because he throws the ball 95 mph. Likewise, the Sox keep getting snookered by MacDougal and his "nasty stuff." Let's hope to God this is the last loss we ever have to suffer because of Mike MacDougal.

We've seen plenty of nasty stuff from MacDougal... just not the "nasty stuff" guys like Thornton and Jenks throw!

LoveYourSuit
This game was completely on the Sox ineptitude, not on the Twins vast talent.

If they think that meatball thrower of a starter is anything to get excited about ..... very sad that this is what the AL Central has become.

Frater Perdurabo
04-10-2009, 11:42 PM

Ten million dollar arm and ten-cent brain. He just can't or won't throw strikes.

LoveYourSuit
Oh Ranger, I feel bad for him tonight.

Ranger or Boers and Bernstine would be a very fun show after every Sox loss.

veeter
If they think that meatball thrower of a starter is anything to get excited about ..... very sad that this is what the AL Central has become.This was a battle between two bad fifth starters. Theirs won.

Marqhead
04-10-2009, 11:43 PM
If they think that meatball thrower of a starter is anything to get excited about ..... very sad that this is what the AL Central has become.

The fact that we didn't jump on him early was the most disappointing thing to me. Could have had a huge advantage if we tag the starter for a few more early, and we had plenty of opportunities.

Frater Perdurabo
If MacDougal is released, who takes his spot. Jhonny Nunez, Broadway, Egbert?

At least a hitting tee keeps the ball over the plate.

SoxGirl4Life

I have a feeling this season is going to be epic in the AL central. We're gonna get eaten alive outside of the division

sox1970
04-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Ranger or Boers and Bernstein would be a very fun show after every Sox loss.

They should do that after a Thursday day game.

JB98
Yes he will. So will Carlos, Jermaine and AJ. This team is going to drive us nuts, just like last year. But they're going to win a lot of games.

Agreed. It's going to be a very streaky offense. When they are in a bad stretch, it's going to be maddening to watch. And we're starting off in one of those bad stretches.

If the Sox can keep their pitching staff healthy, I still see 85-90 wins from this group. Eventually, they're going to heat up. A losing streak always seems worse than it actually is when it happens the first week of the season.

This exact same **** happened in 2006: 1-4 start, panic in the streets, Twinkie fans and Cub fans lurking on WSI, hoping to see Sox fans slitting their wrists, etc. That 2006 team ended with 90 wins. This team could do that, too, if it catches a few breaks.

Boondock Saint
The bullpen has Mark in a car scared. Mark also said two people ran onto the field and asked Ranger an inane question related to that.

Right? Dotel, Thornton and Linebrink were brilliant the first couple games. All it took was one poopie-pants game from MacDougal and Carrasco, and all of a sudden the sky is falling.

Criminy.

Soxman219
04-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Man, this stinks. 1-3 AT HOME!:angry: This reminds me of the Tigers from last year. If we don't get started soon, we might never recover. It will be hard to try to beat Lirano tomorrow, but we can hope right?

On a positive note, Bulls are in the playoffs.:smile:

JB98
04-10-2009, 11:46 PM
We've seen plenty of nasty stuff from MacDougal... just not the "nasty stuff" guys like Thornton and Jenks throw!

MacDougal's "nasty stuff" usually involves A.J. running to the backstop after a wild pitch, or a big puddle of puke left on the mound.

SoxGirl4Life
04-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Ok, I called this call.

Crede love at fault tonight

veeter
Man, this stinks. 1-3 AT HOME!:angry: This reminds me of the Tigers from last year. If we don't get started soon, we might never recover. It will be hard to try to beat Lirano tomorrow, but we can hope right?

On a positive note, Bulls are in the playoffs.:smile:What's most important tomorrow, is how Colon looks.

LoveYourSuit
The fact that we didn't jump on him early was the most disappointing thing to me. Could have had a huge advantage if we tag the starter for a few more early, and we had plenty of opportunities.

Agree.

That guy was as bad as Contreras today and the Sox should have lit him up.

The MacDougal fiasco does not happen if we build a lead for once.

Viva Medias B's
Next caller critical of tribute to Crede.

JB98

On a positive note, Bulls are in the playoffs.:smile:

The Mariners beat Liriano. He's not invincible.

Marqhead
04-10-2009, 11:49 PM

But the Mariners are a totally different animal; they have Griffey!!! :o:

Tomorrow hinges on the performance of one Bartolo Colon.

LoveYourSuit
04-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Next caller critical of tribute to Crede.

25K showed up to Crede tribute night..... Rowand got 38K. Proves Rowand is more popular (or the fact that Rings were handed out the day Rowand came back)

sox1970
04-10-2009, 11:51 PM

Corky Miller is going to make it all better. By the way, is he in charge of the shaving cream pies this year?

SoxGirl4Life
Ozzie should be good

ChiSoxGirl
MacDougal's "nasty stuff" usually involves A.J. running to the backstop after a wild pitch, or a big puddle of puke left on the mound.

Yeah, pretty much.

roylestillman
04-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Just got home. Earliest I've left a game in three years, meaning worst game I've been to in three years. The MacDougal reclaimation experiment is over. Let's get on with figuring out which of he kids down in AAA or AA can throw strikes in the bigs.

Serious thought to throw out there. Given that we play in Chicago, does it make much sense to have our minor league affiliates in the South? It seems like getting used to cold weather ball should be part of our minor league experience.

...and Marie from Forest Park has to go into the Rongey Hall of Fame. "He STINKS, and I don't like you much either."

JB98
04-10-2009, 11:55 PM
But the Mariners are a totally different animal; they have Griffey!!! :o:

Tomorrow hinges on the performance of one Bartolo Colon.

I would say most games hinge on the performance of the starting pitcher.

Konerko05
04-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Just got home. Earliest I've left a game in three years, meaning worst game I've been to in three years. The MacDougal reclaimation experiment is over. Let's get on with figuring out which of he kids down in AAA or AA can throw strikes in the bigs.

Serious thought to throw out there. Given that we play in Chicago, does it make much sense to have our minor league affiliates in the South? It seems like getting used to cold weather ball should be part of our minor league experience.

...and Marie from Forest Park has to go into the Rongey Hall of Fame. "He STINKS, and I don't like you much either."

How was the Crede tribute video?

Britt Burns
04-10-2009, 11:59 PM
yuck.

Marqhead
04-11-2009, 12:03 AM
I would say most games hinge on the performance of the starting pitcher.

Of course, but with other starting pitchers you usually have an idea of what to expect, I'm not sure anyone knows what to expect from Colon.

LoveYourSuit
04-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Stat of the week:

We have only held for less than 1 full inning so far this year!

Yikes

1/2 inning after Thome's HR
less than 1/2 inning after Konerko's HR today.

The pitching bubble had to burst at some point.

Viva Medias B's
04-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Mike in a truck wants to know where the money for Crede, OC, Javy, and Swish is and why we're not spending it. He wants I-Rod, Orlando Hudson, and Adam Dunn. He also wants to trade Konerko and Dye. The scary thought is that this guy is behind the wheel of a truck.

sox1970
04-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Mike in a truck wants to know where the money for Crede, OC, Javy, and Swish is and why we're not spending it.

Meatball.

SoxGirl4Life
04-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Meatball.

Drunk Meatball

SluggersAway
04-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Ranger post-game show on the internet: http://www.670thescore.com/

roylestillman
04-11-2009, 12:12 AM
How was the Crede tribute video?

Short, OK. Crede got a nice ovation at the beginning and they showed him on the board with that shy grin of his. Homer made it official that we can boo him now.

Viva Medias B's
04-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Jeff from Elgin...uh, let's not go there.

Paul in Columbus, Ohio, amazed at the stupidity of the callers tonight.

Rongey said this is one of the worst postgame shows ever.

WhiteSox1989
04-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Just got home from the game. EH.

Of course Crede hits a home run in his first at bat against the Sox. Ugh. After the standing O after the first at bat, he was booed the rest of the game. Don't really get that, but whatever...

The only good part was the fan on the field, because it brought a little excitement...except it was idiotic.

I'm not really getting anywhere with this..but I will say MacDougal sucks, has that been said..?

ChiSoxGirl
04-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Short, OK. Crede got a nice ovation at the beginning and they showed him on the board with that shy grin of his. Homer made it official that we can boo him now.

His home run was shades of Frank Thomas' return in 2006. I think both of them even landed in the same place.

SoxGirl4Life
04-11-2009, 12:14 AM
A cub fan AND a Twins fan? Talk about getting a life, sheesh. And they say Sox fans obsess about the Cubs? I can guarantee, i've never called a Cubs post game show to razz them after a loss. Stupid

ChiSoxGirl
04-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Just got home from the game. EH.

Of course Crede hits a home run in his first at bat against the Sox. Ugh. After the standing O after the first at bat, he was booed the rest of the game. Don't really get that, but whatever...

The only good part was the fan on the field, because it brought a little excitement...except it was idiotic.

I'm not really getting anywhere with this..but I will say MacDougal sucks, has that been said..?

Only about 50 times in this thread alone.

DSpivack
04-11-2009, 12:15 AM

He's a piranha now.

His home run was shades of Frank Thomas' return in 2006. I think both of them even landed in the same place.

Lots of Sox fans may not like the A's, but the Big Hurt didn't go to our biggest rival, and Crede is not a future HOFer.

What a game that Frank return was, though.

WhiteSox1989
04-11-2009, 12:16 AM

It was okay. It was nice to watch the video and see Joe reluctantly look back at the screen. Tipped his hat off to the fans and such.

Viva Medias B's
Tom in a car the last caller who asks about AJ batting second.

Madscout
Very very glad I didn't watch this one. I would be ****ing livid by now.

Sockinchisox
04-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Holy ****, some real winners on the postgame show tonight.

WhiteSox1989
04-11-2009, 12:17 AM
A cub fan AND a Twins fan? Talk about getting a life, sheesh. And they say Sox fans obsess about the Cubs? I can guarantee, i've never called a Cubs post game show to razz them after a loss. Stupid

It is stupid. I saw around 10 Cubs fans at the game today too. Whatever.

PS MacDougal sucks.

ChiSoxGirl
04-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Lots of Sox fans may not like the A's, but the Big Hurt didn't go to our biggest rival, and Crede is not a future HOFer.

What a game that Frank return was, though.

I know that Thomas' and Crede's situations are different, but I just thought it was kind of ironic that they came back to Sox park and did the exact same thing in their first at-bat.

The game when Frank returned was awesome; it was one of many special moments I've been fortunate enough to be a part of at Comiskey Park over the last several years.

JB98
04-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Holy ****, some real winners on the postgame show tonight.

A losing streak the first week of the season always brings out the crazies. For some reason, they fear the Sox will suck like this all year.

If the Sox come back and take the next two in this series, the suckage tonight will be quickly forgotten.

Konerko05
04-11-2009, 12:24 AM

I was wondering why Lillibridge was looking behind him a little freaked out after a minor crowd eruption. He must have thought another idiot ran onto the field.

Did anyone else notice the camera catch a potential fight about to break out before one of the later innings? One Sox fan was trying to get his buddy to go by two big Twins fans signaling them to "bring it on."

It didn't look like fun one to be at. The scarce drunk angry crowds are always embarassing.

Tragg
04-11-2009, 12:24 AM
McDougal is the most powerful man on the board. He's the only one who can shift the focus of discussion away from Dewayne Wise and Ozzie's managing.

hi im skot
04-11-2009, 12:27 AM
I was wondering why Lillibridge was looking behind him a little freaked out after a minor crowd eruption. He must have thought another idiot ran onto the field.

Did anyone else notice the camera catch a potential fight about to break out before one of the later innings? One Sox fan was trying to get his buddy to go by two big Twins fans signaling them to "bring it on."

It didn't look like fun one to be at. The scarce drunk angry crowds are always embarassing.

There were a lot of idiots at the game tonight; Sox "fans" trying to start stuff with Twins fans who were doing nothing wrong, other than wearing Minnesota gear. Security and ushers were useless, as usual.

Not really much to say...nothing really went right tonight, be it on the field or in the stands.

WhiteSox1989
04-11-2009, 12:32 AM

Seriously. It was in between innings when the dude ran so I guess it didn't interrupt play, but it's still stupid. I think when security tackled him it was the loudest the crowd cheered the whole game.

There was also some maniac in the bleachers swearing VERY loudly and bending his fist against the bleacher. I thought he was joking at first, then I realized he was VERY serious.

Anyway. Back to the topic at hand. I'm not TOO concerned yet. I'll wait until tomorrow to see how Colon pitches.

Dick Allen
04-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Well a few days ago OEO said that if the Sox couldn't beat up Dickey the fans had a right to be angry.

I guess it's now open season eh?

I may be wrong but I think MacDougal has faced four batters this season and allowed every one of them to reach base. He hasn't recorded a single out.

If someone could check this I'd appreciate it.

Liriano goes tomorrow against Colon. Odds don't appear to be in the Sox favor.

Everyone remembers how a bad first week set the tone for the Tigers season last year. As D.J. would say, "uh-oh..."

LipMcDougal did record one out against KC yesterday - on a line shot that happened to be right at Dye.

Dibbs
04-11-2009, 12:52 AM

By the time we were allowed to start worrying in 2007, it was already too late.

october23sp
04-11-2009, 01:02 AM
I think you can be worried at any time of the year you want.

Game 1: Not Worried

Game 2: Kinda Worried

Game 3: Worried

Game 4: Very Worried

Game 5: Hopefully go back to not worried for now I'm still at very worried.

CWSpalehoseCWS
04-11-2009, 01:05 AM
McDougal is the most powerful man on the board. He's the only one who can shift the focus of discussion away from Dewayne Wise and Ozzie's managing.

I read in the paper today that Wise was wondering why "all the blame falls on me." LOL. Not anymore. You are no longer the only one in the fan dog house.

Sockinchisox
04-11-2009, 01:17 AM
I honestly don't understand how there can be this much worry after 4 ****ing games.

Get a grip people there are 158 games left to play, talk to me at the end of May.

thomas35forever
04-11-2009, 01:18 AM
I'm not expecting many quality outings from Contreras, but he can't afford to fall behind hitters all year long. Otherwise, we could be in for a long year.

I'm not worried about the offense yet. As the weather gets warmer, so will our hitters.

Finally, MacDougal sucks. No further explanation needed.

Foulke You
04-11-2009, 01:47 AM
Some thoughts about tonight's game:

-Contreras looked to be really struggling because of the cold. Jose's bread and butter are his "grip pitches" like the fork and splitter and he just didn't seem to be having a good feel for any of those pitches. He looked uncomfortable out there and was constantly blowing in his hands trying to get a feel for the ball. He only had command of his fastball. When Jose drops to the side arm slot for most of the game as he did tonight, that is usually a good indicator that he isn't feeling it on that day.

-Nice HR by Joe Crede but I still think he will be on the DL by June or July. It's a long season.

-You look up "warm weather hitter" in the dictionary and I believe it has a picture of The Cuban Missle next to it. He looks very uncomfortable out there.

-Nice to see Konerko swinging a good stick today. We need at least one hitter in our lineup to catch fire. The rest of the lineup was still pretty stagnant the rest of the game. Quentin's HR came in garbage time against a lesser reliever. We need to start to get some sort of sustained offensive attack going.

-Not that this had a huge outcome on the game but there were two bad calls from the umps tonight. Clayton Richard did not balk and Jose Contreras's foot touched 1st base to beat the runner.

-Getz looks very good on defense at 2B

-Wise had much better ABs tonight. On a different night, that one ball he hit early in the game might have left the yard.

Domeshot17
04-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Just more of the same from me. Here is the difference between the Sox and the Twins and why they are a better fundamental team then us:

First inning Runner gets on first. Morneau gets fooled but its a hit and run, runner moves to 2nd on the ground out. 2 out contact finds a hole.

Getz gets on 2nd after an outfield error, and we make 3 outs swinging for homers.

Contreras looked terrible. Falling behind hitters left and right, his velocity is really down, and he didn't throw that cutter at all.

Bullpen, you almost expect it sometimes. The guys who got hit: Our Gritty but not very talented (aka good but not special) lefty specialist long reliever, Macdougal sucks, and Carrasco is a journeyman who hadn't pitched in the bigs since 2005 before last year.

Just have to pray Colon shows up tomorrow. 1-4 or 2-3 is different.

guillensdisciple
04-11-2009, 02:21 AM
Maybe I am a stupid fan, and maybe I have some issues, but this team has driven me to drink in sadness. I just keep on telling myself that this is only the fourth game, but images of the last month and a half of the previous year keep creeping up in my head. I will reserve judgment until the 15 game mark, but please spare my sanity and play baseball.

I think there is something wrong with loving a team too much- and I think I stand as evidence to that. I am happy I didn't see much of this game, because I would have done a lot of shouting and lot of heat attacking (that doesn't even make sense).

I am always optimistic with this team, and 4 games into the season I don't see why I shouldn't be. I need signs though, I need something that makes me sure that this team can be a champion. Nothing has proven me that, losing has proven me nothing.

The pitching never worried me, and I knew that this power or nothing baseball had to go. Nothing really changed over the off-season, so I don't know why I thought it would be different. I hope that Fields and Getz make a difference because, even though they are rookies, the success of the Sox probably rests on their shoulders.

Come on White Sox, show me life!

sunofgold
04-11-2009, 02:30 AM
Have to move him off the active roster. Release him, DL him, or whatever. Give Egbert or somebody else a chance.

White Sox wanted MacDougal to have a couple of good outing (since he had a decent spring), so they could find somebody foolish enough to trade for him. Nobody is going to want him.

It would make sense just to release him and eat his contract.

whitesox901
04-11-2009, 04:11 AM
I didn't catch the game, was Crede meet with Cheers or Boo's in his first at bat?

WSox597
04-11-2009, 07:39 AM
I didn't catch the game, was Crede meet with Cheers or Boo's in his first at bat?

Cheers before the at-bat. After the HR, mostly boos.

Same shy grin whatever happened.

palehozenychicty
04-11-2009, 07:59 AM
A losing streak the first week of the season always brings out the crazies. For some reason, they fear the Sox will suck like this all year.

If the Sox come back and take the next two in this series, the suckage tonight will be quickly forgotten.

Thank you. I'd rather us peak in the second half. Nobody in this division is good enough to run away.

Frontman
04-11-2009, 08:06 AM

If things don't improve by early May. Keep in mind we're one week off where we usually would be. A four game losing streak in the second week of the season makes you more nervous than a four game losing streak in the first week of the season. They would of been playing ball for a few weeks by now.

Dust it off, get 'em tomorrow.

HebrewHammer
04-11-2009, 08:51 AM

Homefish called the postgame show?

palehozenychicty
04-11-2009, 08:58 AM
If MacDougal was one of our best pitchers in the spring, then ugh, we're thinner than I thought on the farm. :(:

Jurr
04-11-2009, 09:54 AM
If MacDougal was one of our best pitchers in the spring, then ugh, we're thinner than I thought on the farm. :(:

What it shows you is how bad MacDougal's makeup is. When there's nothing on the line, he goes out there and pitches well. He's been doing this for years now, and he's been stealing paychecks as a result. Get old Mike on the mound with something to pitch for, and he oozes brown down his pants leg.

PatK
04-11-2009, 10:00 AM
We quit watching after MacDougal's wild pitch at my house. We were like "that's the game".

Of course, we had to check the score, so we flipped the station back on just in time to see the players leaving the field after the inning and hearing Hawk say how the Twins put up a 7 spot.

My oh my, was that a bad outing from the pen

Tragg
04-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Just more of the same from me. Here is the difference between the Sox and the Twins and why they are a better fundamental team then us:

First inning Runner gets on first. Morneau gets fooled but its a hit and run, runner moves to 2nd on the ground out. 2 out contact finds a hole.

Yep- they seem to get a lot of cheap runs.
As for MacDougal, I thought they might have had him dressed up after spring for someone to bite if we picked up the salary (which we certainly should have been willing to do): he had a high K total and his walks were in check

SoxGirl4Life
04-11-2009, 10:10 AM
What it shows you is how bad MacDougal's makeup is. When there's nothing on the line, he goes out there and pitches well. He's been doing this for years now, and he's been stealing paychecks as a result. Get old Mike on the mound with something to pitch for, and he oozes brown down his pants leg.

I still think eating his salary is well worth never seeing that crap again

nug0hs
04-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I still think eating his salary is well worth never seeing that crap again

I'm sure if everyone on this board donated one or two hundred dollars we could find enough haters to cover the cost of releasing him.

Iron Dragon2
04-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Yep- they seem to get a lot of cheap runs.
As for MacDougal, I thought they might have had him dressed up after spring for someone to bite if we picked up the salary (which we certainly should have been willing to do): he had a high K total and his walks were in check

How are their runs cheap? Because they didn't hit HRs?

Twins play baseball, Sox play Home Run Derby.

DickAllen72
04-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Contreras set the tone being behind every freakin' hitter. I have news for Hawk, Contreras can lose 30 more pounds, he's just not very good anymore.
I disagree. Contreras was starting his first game after a miraculous recovery from an Achilles injury that many thought was career ending. It was cold, he didn't look like he had a good "feel" of the ball and it appears to me that he was still coming up a little bit short with his follow-through. All that said, he still didn't pitch that badly. I have the utmost confidence in Jose.

Noneck
04-11-2009, 11:00 AM
I see so much disgust here for MacDougal. Let's forget about the crap slinger Carrasco. He won't walk guys, he'll serve meatball after meatball on a silver platter. If he takes the place of MacDougal rather than being a total mop up guy, there is major danger there.

DickAllen72
04-11-2009, 11:07 AM

I was thinking the same thing last night.

DickAllen72
04-11-2009, 11:12 AM
I see so much disgust here for MacDougal. Let's forget about the crap slinger Carrasco. He won't walk guys, he'll serve meatball after meatball on a silver platter. If he takes the place of MacDougal rather than being a total mop up guy, there is major danger there.
While niether scenario is good, I'll take a guy who gives up the hits rather than a guy who can't throw strikes.

At least if the pitcher throws strikes there is the chance the hitter will get himself out or that the defense will make a good play. But you can't defend against walks, and it just brings the rest of the team in the field down as well, causing the defense to become lax. Plus it's frustrating as hell. At least make the hitters earn their way on.

Noneck
04-11-2009, 11:20 AM
While niether scenario is good, I'll take a guy who gives up the hits rather than a guy who can't throw strikes.

At least if the pitcher throws strikes there is the chance the hitter will get himself out or that the defense will make a good play. But you can't defend against walks, and it just brings the rest of the team in the field down as well, causing the defense to become lax. Plus it's frustrating as hell. At least make the hitters earn their way on.
I am not supporting MacDougal, I am just stating that this will turn into a pick your poison situation.

DickAllen72
04-11-2009, 11:21 AM
I am not supporting MacDougal, I am just stating that this will turn into a pick your poison situation.
Oh, I understand where you are coming from. I'm just saying that my poison would be the guy throwing meatballs over the guy walking everyone in sight. As you say, they're still both poison.

kitekrazy
04-11-2009, 12:32 PM
You know, coming into the season, I was hoping for a surprise start like last year. But the more I see, the more I'm realizing that this is exactly what I should have expected.

I know it's early but when Colon is the 5th starter, Jerry Owens isn't a MLB player, McDougal experiment=Lovie:"Rex is still our QB", I could go on.

I had no impression the World Series ring was ever a goal this season.

They impression I get is drafting, development of young players is down to the suck level.

On the other hand, Josh Fields has exceeded my expectations.

asindc
04-11-2009, 12:39 PM

:vazquez:

Where you just talking about me?

kitekrazy
04-11-2009, 12:39 PM
That's because Ozzie doesn't teach them or emphasize them. He makes a big showing of it, foaming with diarrhea at the mouth about emphasizing fundamentals, but then abandons it a day later when his ADD turns his attention and his mouth to something else. Ozzie is a preening peacock - all show, no substance.

You would think at the professional level of baseball, these things should never have to be taught. There's a big divide from drafting athletes vs. drafting baseball players.

"Hey this guy can throw 107 mph. Maybe Coop can fix him."

That's the Sox management strategy.

kittle42
04-11-2009, 12:49 PM
It was mentioned earlier in this thread, but the stupidest move(s) of the of game was Ozzie bringing the IF in twice - did he *really* think it would remain a one-run game that first time? Too early for that crap, unless Cy Young is on the mound.

Foulke You
04-11-2009, 12:49 PM
MacDougal has a history now over parts of 3 seasons to do exactly what he did last night. I think that is why you are seeing the disgust for MacDougal. Carrasco was a serviceable long man out of the pen in the second half of last season so he'll get a slightly longer leash. That being said, Mr. Carrasco was indeed slinging meatballs to the Twins last night. If he doesn't shape up, Lance Broadway can easily move into the long man role.

asindc
04-11-2009, 12:50 PM
It was mentioned earlier in this thread, but the stupidest move(s) of the of game was Ozzie bringing the IF in twice - did he *really* think it would remain a one-run game that first time? Too early for that crap, unless Cy Young is on the mound.

I agree. I was listening on radio and said "***" both times. Sometimes Ozzie over-thinks a situation.

Taliesinrk
04-11-2009, 01:00 PM
MacDougal has a history now over parts of 3 seasons to do exactly what he did last night. I think that is why you are seeing the disgust for MacDougal. Carrasco was a serviceable long man out of the pen in the second half of last season so he'll get a slightly longer leash. That being said, Mr. Carrasco was indeed slinging meatballs to the Twins last night. If he doesn't shape up, Lance Broadway can easily move into the long man role.

Give me a break people. I'm not pretending that Carrasco is Bobby Jenks, but let's not throw them he and MacDougal in the same boat after last night. He was brought into a game with nobody out, the bases loaded, down 2 runs, when 12 STRAIGHT BALLS HAD BEEN THROWN. He had no choice but to serve it up there. Would we all have liked for him to come in and struck out the side? Yes... But let's get real. If he comes in and throws more balls, the place goes nuts. He was set-up for failure there thanks to our favorite bullpen "pitcher" Mike Macdougal.

TomBradley72
04-11-2009, 01:11 PM
If MacDougal, Colon, Wise and Carrasco are good enough to make your roster, only one man is accountable....not Ozzie, not Coop, not Walker...but Kenny Williams. He owns responsibility for the quality of the major league roster and the overall talent level of the organization.

One of our prime contenders for our lead off spot (Jerry Owens) is a 28 y.o., career minor leaguer who cleared waivers...29 teams had no interest. Wise is a 5th OF at best, should only be a starter on an expansion team.
We just have too many mediocre players on our 25 man roster and if you look at where we could get help at AAA or AA, other than a few bright spots, there isn't a whole lot there. Our lack of outfielders in our system is especially alarming.

nasox
04-11-2009, 01:22 PM
I agree. I was listening on radio and said "***" both times. Sometimes Ozzie over-thinks a situation.

Bingo. I was at the game and I was scratching my head when the infield was in. We would have been out of the inning on a double play had the infield been at double play depth.

Noneck
04-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Give me a break people. I'm not pretending that Carrasco is Bobby Jenks, but let's not throw them he and MacDougal in the same boat after last night. He was brought into a game with nobody out, the bases loaded, down 2 runs, when 12 STRAIGHT BALLS HAD BEEN THROWN. He had no choice but to serve it up there. Would we all have liked for him to come in and struck out the side? Yes... But let's get real. If he comes in and throws more balls, the place goes nuts. He was set-up for failure there thanks to our favorite bullpen "pitcher" Mike Macdougal.
Carrasco is a mop up guy only. He doesn't have the stuff to be anything else and shouldn't be put in any other role no matter what. On the other hand MacDougal has the stuff to be a lot more than a mop up guy BUT if he cant get it over, its totally useless and does not deserve a spot.