PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question re: bleachers

KenBerryGrab
04-10-2009, 12:51 PM
All right. I've been to the park hundreds of times but have never been in the bleachers. I just got a call from the Sox that the exchange of our opening day seats moves us downstairs from the upper deck to the bleachers on April 26 against the Blue Jays.

Are the bleachers actual seats with backs or the steel plank rows that are actually, you know, bleachers?

Sorry to be such a ninny, but I couldn't find this on the Sox Web site.

kobo
04-10-2009, 01:01 PM
The bleachers are metal planks with backs. They are not individual seats.

KenBerryGrab
04-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks. At least we'll have backs!

cbrownson13
04-10-2009, 01:04 PM
They aren't the most comfortable, but having the backs are key. I hate the bleachers where you lean back and are up against someone's leg.

Rdy2PlayBall
04-10-2009, 01:30 PM
I thought bleachers were good seats? Are they looked at as bad? :?:

HomeFish
04-10-2009, 02:24 PM
I think bleachers are a "love em or hate em" thing. I personally fall on the hate side -- I need a real seat. So I sit in Section 159, which is near the bleachers but still has real seat.

The atmosphere in the outfield seats are great. You have more everyday fans and less business-types with season tickets. Most people who sit there are walk-ups. And of course you get home run balls.

kittle42
04-10-2009, 02:26 PM
The atmosphere in the outfield seats are great. You have more everyday fans and less business-types with season tickets. Most people who sit there are walk-ups. And of course you get home run balls.

I guess we now know which group of fans are more likely to throw home run balls back!

ChiSoxGirl
04-10-2009, 02:28 PM
I think bleachers are a "love em or hate em" thing. I personally fall on the hate side -- I need a real seat. So I sit in Section 159, which is near the bleachers but still has real seat.

I was out in 159 for Wednesday night's game and it was a very pleasant experience. There are definitely more "everyday" fans out there, and you get a pretty good view of who's warming up in our bullpen, too. I actually prefer Sec. 159 over Sections 157 or 158; I feel like my view of the plate and the field in general are better in 159.

redsand22
04-10-2009, 02:34 PM
I have the weekend package in 162 row 8 and love it. I dont know if I'd switch unless I was offered frist 5 rows.

There are a bunch of season ticket holders out there, bleachers are just walk ups :cool:

KenBerryGrab
04-10-2009, 02:42 PM
I have the weekend package in 162 row 8 and love it. I dont know if I'd switch unless I was offered frist 5 rows.

There are a bunch of season ticket holders out there, bleachers are just walk ups :cool:

That's good to know! We're now in 164, right next to the batter's eye, row 12. Our boys are thrilled they'll be so close to FUNdamentals.

soxfan21
04-10-2009, 03:42 PM
I was out in 159 for Wednesday night's game and it was a very pleasant experience. There are definitely more "everyday" fans out there, and you get a pretty good view of who's warming up in our bullpen, too. I actually prefer Sec. 159 over Sections 157 or 158; I feel like my view of the plate and the field in general are better in 159.

Totally agree with everything you mentioned that's why I got my weekend plan in 159.

twsoxfan5
04-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I had 27 game plan in 159 for a few years and I liked it over there a lot. I changed last year to 102 b/c we got offered row 3 and we had to jump on it. I actually like 102 a little better b/c the bleachers can get a bit annoying but I think they are both good spots.

Red Barchetta
04-10-2009, 05:04 PM

I never really understood the need for bleachers at the Cell. I agree that I like the walk-up average guy atmosphere, however why not just install regular seats and price them accordingly. Do you actually squeeze in a few more butts with bleachers than if there were individual seats like in right field?

HomeFish
04-10-2009, 05:26 PM
I think its just a tradition for baseball stadiums to have bleachers.

BleacherBandit
04-10-2009, 06:09 PM
The bleachers are one of my favorite places to see a game. Most ball-parks with bleachers have backs on them these days, so it's not very uncomfortable. I'm actually seeing the game tomarrow in the bleachers. You'd think there wouldn't be the best view out in the outfield, but it's one of the best atmospheres at the ballpark.

doublem23
04-10-2009, 06:20 PM
I never really understood the need for bleachers at the Cell. I agree that I like the walk-up average guy atmosphere, however why not just install regular seats and price them accordingly. Do you actually squeeze in a few more butts with bleachers than if there were individual seats like in right field?

The bleachers used to be far less expensive than other options around the lower bowl, for the perceived comfort issue, I guess but they've slowly creeped up. They're a dollar less than the Lower Reserved, the seats that are still in fair territory, so I no longer see the need for them. Just put in some freaking seats.

boomer4593
04-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Good---If the crowd is small, you can spread out...nobody "knee to knee" with you!

Bad--No cup holders