PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone notifications?

fisk_84
04-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Anyone know where to sign up for score updates to be texted to your phone? A few years back I had it set up where I was texted the final score of each sox game, believe you could set it up to text you after every inning and or score change. Anyone know if something like this is still around?

fisk_84
04-09-2009, 02:00 PM
I did find this, but not worth paying the fee since most phones already have internet access:

http://wap.mlb.com/alerts/alert_enternumber.jsp?c_id=cws

sox1970
04-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Text 'White Sox', to 65246.

Domeshot17
04-09-2009, 02:22 PM
just goto espn.com on your cell phone and follow the info there. ESPN texts me the Bulls Hawks and Sox scores (figure I don't need the Bears since I know Ill catch 95% of their games). It is free, and you can set it up every inning, every scoring play, every 3 innings, or just end of game

Nellie_Fox
04-09-2009, 02:35 PM
ESPN texts me the Bulls Hawks and Sox scores (figure I don't need the Bears since I know Ill catch 95% of their games). It is free, and you can set it up every inning, every scoring play, every 3 innings, or just end of gameAnd they probably also send you the up-to-the-minute updates on the Yanks and Sawx too, because they know what's really important.

esbrechtel
04-09-2009, 02:36 PM
just goto espn.com on your cell phone and follow the info there. ESPN texts me the Bulls Hawks and Sox scores (figure I don't need the Bears since I know Ill catch 95% of their games). It is free, and you can set it up every inning, every scoring play, every 3 innings, or just end of game

This is what I use and it is Fantastic. AND 100% FREE!!!!:bandance:

fisk_84
04-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks DomeShot, the espn alerts are perfect.

For anyone who wants to do this, I suggest going to http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/ on your computer. Much easier to navigate the setup rather then on your phone.

nasox
04-09-2009, 05:14 PM
There is a way to send a text message to a google number. Then you'll get a text back with the score. I forget the number though.