PDA

View Full Version : Cubune Reports Wise Will Hit 8th for Thursday's Game

PaleHoser
04-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Getz to leadoff, Pierzynski hitting second.

Link (http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/rosenblog/2009/04/wise-move-guillen-shakes-up-his-lineup.html)

guillen4life13
04-09-2009, 10:49 AM
:wooty:

Was wondering when this would happen.

YES!!

wulfy
04-09-2009, 10:52 AM
That didn't take long. Although I like AJ in the two hole better than Alexi. I don't think Alexi takes enough pitches.

Chicken Dinner
04-09-2009, 10:54 AM
We'll see if he hits or just swings.

soxfan21
04-09-2009, 10:55 AM
The score confirmed this today.

Rocky Soprano
04-09-2009, 10:59 AM
PLEASE, don't turn this thread into another BA/Wise bitch fest. Go to the Roadhouse thread if you want to whine.
I'm looking forward to see what Getz does in the leadoff spot, I hope he thrives and becomes a staple at that spot.

Thome25
04-09-2009, 11:03 AM
PLEASE, don't turn this thread into another BA/Wise bitch fest. Go to the Roadhouse thread if you want to whine.
I'm looking forward to see what Getz does in the leadoff spot, I hope he thrives and becomes a staple at that spot.

I agree.....and no one is whining.....I was just pointing out what should be the obvious.....WTS I'm excited to see what Getz can do in the leadoff role.

akingamongstmen
04-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Wow...didn't even make it through the first series. Hopefully Ozzie doesn't have to tinker much after this shake-up. Let the guys settle into their roles for a few weeks and then make adjustments as needed.

Thome25
04-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Wow...didn't even make it through the first series. Hopefully Ozzie doesn't have to tinker much after this shake-up. Let the guys settle into their roles for a few weeks and then make adjustments as needed.

tinker......tinker......tinker. :D:

spawn
04-09-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm looking forward to him leading off as well.

Chicken Dinner
04-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm looking forward to him leading off as well.

Bet he won't get a "hat trick". :D:

Nellie_Fox
04-09-2009, 11:14 AM
That didn't take long. Although I like AJ in the two hole better than Alexi. I don't think Alexi takes enough pitches.
Alexei.

soxfan2504
04-09-2009, 11:45 AM
This is what I was calling for on Opening Day. Thank God.

singapore_sling
04-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I do like Getz batting leadoff more than wise, but I think it wastes a bit of his potential in the 2 hole. AJ worked well in the 2 hole last year though.

HawkDJ
04-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Not ideal, but better than what we were doing.

Poor Wise, only lasted two games. Wow.

Red Barchetta
04-09-2009, 12:14 PM

Perhaps Ozzie just felt Wise was pressing too hard. I'm sure this guy wants to succeed.

He really helped us during the stretch last year, so I'm hoping he can get a few hits today.

CWSpalehoseCWS
04-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Props to Ozzie he didn't leave him up there longer. Only a matter of time before we see Owens or Anderson in there though.

Thome25
04-09-2009, 12:26 PM
It says in that article that Ozzie made a big change in the 3rd game of 2008.....he put Quentin in LF. Hopefully Getz at leadoff works just as well.

Getz has all of the tools to be a leadoff hitter and he already looks like one IMO. He's leadoff at different levels in the past and already says that he feels comfortable leading off at the major league level.

I'm excited to see what he can do.

Lip Man 1
04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
I thought Ozzie's comment to Joe Cowley of the Sun-Times was interesting.

"It's not his fault (i.e. Wise) he's hitting lead off."

Hmmmm...I wonder what Ozzie's implying here.

Lip

Thome25
04-09-2009, 12:55 PM
I thought Ozzie's comment to Joe Cowley of the Sun-Times was interesting.

"It's not his fault (i.e. Wise) he's hitting lead off."

Hmmmm...I wonder what Ozzie's implying here.

Lip

Meaning Ozzie is playing him out of position in the batting order because he felt he had no choice? HMMM looks like he was sending a message to KW.

EuroSox35
04-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Is Getz really deserving of leadoff either? We're kind of crowning a guy over 1 game because he stretched that hit into a double (when it seemed more like a defensive miscue). The truth is Ozzie has been handcuffed, anyone he'll pick will have his flaws. I love Kenny, but I'm very disappointed in what he did to this offense this year, we have similar problems as last year and still no lead off man

Thome25
04-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Is Getz really deserving of leadoff either? We're kind of crowning a guy over 1 game because he stretched that hit into a double (when it seemed more like a defensive miscue). The truth is Ozzie has been handcuffed, anyone he'll pick will have his flaws. I love Kenny, but I'm very disappointed in what he did to this offense this year, we have similar problems as last year and still no lead off man

Getz is already showing some of the skills of a good leadoff hitter. Not to mention that he's been leading off at different levels since his college days at Michigan.

He also doesn't seem phased by leading off in the majors......he has confidence and seems locked and loaded and ready to go......which I like.

Madscout
04-09-2009, 04:16 PM
The interesting thing is that right now, Wise and the Missle's lines are exactly the same.