PDA

View Full Version : Jet fly-over...only two planes?

twentywontowin
04-08-2009, 05:10 PM
What's the deal with the jet flyover yesterday, and how come we only got two planes? This is Opening Day, we need a squadron of stealth bombers...were the White Sox!

Sorry, I felt the need to add to the complaining of everything about yesterday. The scoreboard, the new nachos, the new entrance, the new beer rule, no flag raising.

Be happy baseball season is upon us!

HawkTheGM
04-08-2009, 05:12 PM
In this economy, we'd be lucky to get a biplane

Actually, on second thought, a couple biplanes would be pretty cool :cool:

doublem23
04-08-2009, 05:14 PM
:rolling:

Just pray the Cubs don't get 3.

oeo
04-08-2009, 05:14 PM
What's the deal with the jet flyover yesterday, and how come we only got two planes? This is Opening Day, we need a squadron of stealth bombers...were the White Sox!

Sorry, I felt the need to add to the complaining of everything about yesterday. The scoreboard, the new nachos, the new entrance, the new beer rule, no flag raising.

Be happy baseball season is upon us!

There's new nachos?

doublem23
04-08-2009, 05:17 PM
There's new nachos?

Dammit, oeo, read the threads!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0402-ballpark-coverapr02,0,1021130.story (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0402-ballpark-coverapr02,0,1021130.story)

- Build-your-own burrito (or nacho grande) kiosks ($7-$8)
- Half-pound turkey burger ($6.25)
- Taste of the Ballpark (hot dog, 20 oz soda, small nachos, small peanuts, and sample bag of popcorn for $7.50)
- Wine bar on the lower level

twentywontowin
04-08-2009, 05:17 PM
There's new nachos?

Yes. The general consensus so far is that even though they are custom built with fresh shredded cheese, sour cream, an assload of peppers, caviar, oysters, lobster, crab, and topped off with rare truffle and 24k edible gold flake all for the price of $7.50, it is not worth it and sub-par to the regular nachos that use a processed melted cheese and stale chips.

It is not "Chicago Tough".

oeo
04-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Dammit, oeo, read the threads!

Haha, I must have stopped at burritos when I read that thread.

Yes. The general consensus so far is that even though they are custom built with fresh shredded cheese, sour cream, an assload of peppers, caviar, oysters, lobster, crab, and topped off with rare truffle and 24k edible gold flake all for the price of $7.50, it is not worth it and sub-par to the regular nachos that use a processed melted cheese and stale chips.

I love that processed cheese and stale chips.

whitesox901
04-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Actually, on second thought, a couple biplanes would be pretty cool :cool:

:thumbsup: that, or some old school WW2 Spitfires, Zeros, Junkers or Messerschmidts :bandance:

sorry, Im a history nerd :D:

DumpJerry
04-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Sigh.

When do pitchers and catchers report?:tongue:

twentywontowin
04-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Sigh.

When do pitchers and catchers report?:tongue:

If it makes you feel better, you can get double steak on your nachos for free if you don't tell the person at the register you got double meat.

DSpivack
04-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Anyone know what kind of planes flew over the park yesterday? Can't tell my jets apart at that speed.

Woofer
04-08-2009, 06:40 PM
:thumbsup: that, or some old school WW2 Spitfires, Zeros, Junkers or Messerschmidts :bandance:

What, no Mustangs, P-47 Thunderbolts, Corsairs or B17's? We need American firepower in the air Dammit! :smile:

skobabe8
04-08-2009, 07:49 PM
If it makes you feel better, you can get double steak on your nachos for free if you don't tell the person at the register you got double meat.

:rolling:

milrtyme28
04-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Anyone know what kind of planes flew over the park yesterday? Can't tell my jets apart at that speed.

VFC-12 is a naval reserve squadron that flies the F-18 Hornet. It was a pair of Hornets.

BubblingCalderon
04-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I witnessed the saddest flyover ever a couple years back at a Royals game in KC. As the national anthem wound down a single blackhawk helocopter flew ever so slowly over the stadium. I would hate to be a Royals fan.

Frater Perdurabo
04-08-2009, 09:20 PM
I witnessed the saddest flyover ever a couple years back at a Royals game in KC. As the national anthem wound down a single blackhawk helocopter flew ever so slowly over the stadium. I would hate to be a Royals fan.

I heard it was remote-controlled child's toy helicopter.

minutia
04-08-2009, 11:23 PM

:rolling:, a rare truffle and a 24k edible gold flake. :rolling:That is hilarious.

DSpivack
04-09-2009, 02:07 AM
VFC-12 is a naval reserve squadron that flies the F-18 Hornet. It was a pair of Hornets.

Thanks! Here's hoping we see some F-22's this October! :tongue:

CMPDragRacing
04-09-2009, 02:29 AM
, the new beer rule,

new beer rule? whats that?

nevermind i found it. btw its mod edit: we don't use that word here. Three days that i cant get myself a beer and my friend that i go with

PopularGrover
04-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks! Here's hoping we see some F-22's this October! :tongue:

Very few of those to go around.

esbrechtel
04-09-2009, 09:16 AM
It has been 2 for awhile....

Winter Classic was only 2

Opening day 2006 when the jet almost hit the scoreboard there were only 2 (I believe there is a video on Youtube....)

SoxandtheCityTee
04-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Wait, a wine bar on the lower deck? Something new, other than the kiosks on the concourse where they have the individual little bottles along with the vodka lemonade? Where is this? (I don't drink beer, so need the 411, people! :D:)

wulfy
04-09-2009, 12:05 PM

You might want to check out Western Springs' Memorial Day parade - they always have several flyovers from WWII era planes. Think we had a mini-squadron of B-24 bombers last year.

Woofer
04-09-2009, 02:29 PM
You might want to check out Western Springs' Memorial Day parade - they always have several flyovers from WWII era planes. Think we had a mini-squadron of B-24 bombers last year.

I think that WW2 era warbirds are the coolest thing since sliced bread.

EnglishChiSox
04-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I think that WW2 era warbirds are the coolest thing since sliced bread.

The Spitfire was manufactured about 25 miles from where I live, they've got an awesome museum near there now.

gobears1987
04-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks! Here's hoping we see some F-22's this October! :tongue:Who would want that lawn dart? To be honest, I don't like the F/A-18C as a flyover jet as it has a high stall speed and thus the pilots won't go below 200 knots to give you a good view on the flyover. The F-15 is perfect as the large wing surface area creates so much lift and give them a lower stall speed.

Woofer
04-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Who would want that lawn dart? To be honest, I don't like the F/A-18C as a flyover jet as it has a high stall speed and thus the pilots won't go below 200 knots to give you a good view on the flyover. The F-15 is perfect as the large wing surface area creates so much lift and give them a lower stall speed.

If this post means that if the jet goes too slow, it will crash, then I prefer that it goes really fast over my head!:rolleyes:

gobears1987
04-09-2009, 07:35 PM
If this post means that if the jet goes too slow, it will crash, then I prefer that it goes really fast over my head!:rolleyes:There are safe speeds that different aircraft can fly at when at low altitudes. It just so happens that that speed for the "plastic bug" is high when compared to an aircraft like the F-15 Eagle. It's wings create enough lift that the aircraft can and has successfully flown on just a single wing.