04-08-2009, 01:25 PM
According to Reifert:
RHP R.A. Dickey (5-8, 5.21) vs.
RHP Jose Contreras (7-6, 4.54)

LHP Francisco Liriano (0-1, 5.14) vs.
RHP Bartolo Colon (4-2, 3.92)

RHP Nick Blackburn (0-0, 7.20) vs.
LHP Mark Buehrle (0-0, 3.60)

R.A. Dickey? Are the Twins serious? The last time he started against the Sox: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=280820104

Chez
04-08-2009, 01:36 PM
I guess Joe Mays was not available?

JermaineDye05
04-08-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't know why, but I get the feeling the game we SHOULD win will be a disappointment. Either the Sox will be held to 3 or less runs OR it will just be a lot closer than it should be. Like the Tigers game last year against Nate Robertson. White Sox jumped on Robertson early for like 5 runs, but Jose gave them back in the next inning. White Sox got more runs but Jose kept giving them all back, the Sox eventually won but barely.

It just seems to happen a lot. Sox can't seem to hit the pitchers they're supposed to. Like that game against Julian Tavarez. Didn't he shut us out for like 8 innings?

This is a new year though, so hopefully I am wrong. The good thing is the Twins won't have Mauer. The bad thing is they still have Punto/Kubel/Span/Casilla.

EDIT: I just want to clarify that I'm not saying the Sox will lose against RA Dickey, I'm just saying I'm not as confident as I normally would be. I expect the Sox to sweep, then again I expect them to win every game they play. Probably why a loss hurts so much for me lol.

34 Inch Stick
04-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Dickey is a knuckleballer and it is supposed to be wet and cold on Friday night...just sayin

DumpJerry
04-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Dickey is a knuckleballer and it is supposed to be wet and cold on Friday night...just sayin
Cold, not wet.