PDA

View Full Version : Contreras and Colon starting this weekend vs Twins

EuroSox35
04-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Not sure if this was common knowledge, but I saw it on the MLB Network crawl

That's pretty amazing, especially in terms of Contreras, I thought he was supposed to miss half the season or something. I have high hopes for him since he came into camp in shape. The first thing that struck me about Contreras when I was watching one of those 05 game replays was how lean he looked

asindc
04-08-2009, 11:28 AM
I think if (IF!) we can get at least 20 healthy starts from each of these guys, we will be fine. It seems that Colon is treating this as a year-long audition. Hopefully, he will stay ready and focused the entire season.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-08-2009, 11:32 AM
I'd like to see both of them throw 5 innings...if they can pitch like MB and keep us in the game....I think we luck out on this deal.

If Contreras pitches as well as he did and looked in ST, then all the better.

ChiSoxFan81
04-08-2009, 11:34 AM
I think if (IF!) we can get at least 20 healthy starts from each of these guys, we will be fine. It seems that Colon is treating this as a year-long audition. Hopefully, he will stay ready and focused the entire season.

It's always good to have a healthy Colon

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-08-2009, 11:53 AM
It's always good to have a healthy Colon

Heyo!!!!!!

guillensdisciple
04-08-2009, 12:07 PM
This is good news. If either of them pitch anywhere NEAR their capabilities, then the White Sox are legitimate threats for more than just the Division crown. If both stay healthy, the White Sox might have one of the best rotations in baseball (assuming Floyd and Danks produce how they did last year or improve on how they pitched last year). Veteran influence on the back end of the line- up is always good as most teams seem to have some very shaky 4th or 5th starters. The White Sox, on the other hand, are trotting pitchers who have won before and know how to win. So even if things aren't going right, you can't expect a complete meltdown unlike many other fifth and fourth starters.

If Colon stays healthy, the Sox will be a team to be reckoned with, and Kenny Williams will be further deemed as the "man".

Metalthrasher442
04-08-2009, 12:11 PM
I expect them to do well meaning having outtings like Buehrle did yesterday.

I didn't see Colon throw at all in spring but, I did see Jose, and he looked confident so that's good news. It'll be exciting to watch them then this weekend! I have off Friday and Saturday =]

palehozenychicty
04-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Nothing more to say on this topic, except that El Conde is often the key for our rotation. He came through in '05 with El Duque and we need him again.