PDA

View Full Version : Who was the most impressive?

cws05champ
04-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Of all the new guys(relatively) that we are watching closely who impressed you the most from game #1:

> Chris Getz 2-3, R; good defense at 2B
> Josh Fields 2-3, RBI, R; Good defense at 3B
> Alexei Ramirez(at SS); Solid def at SS
> Clayton Richard; 2IP no hits

For me it's close between Fields and Getz but I'll give it to Getz.

Redus Redux
04-07-2009, 05:06 PM
I remember Getz's first hit but can someone remind me how he got on late?

thomas35forever
04-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Fields was the best one for me with Getz a close second. His throw home and bunt single made this victory possible.

Britt Burns
04-07-2009, 05:07 PM
I'll go with Fields. Richard also did a very nice job. We have to keep him in the pen.

Madvora
04-07-2009, 05:07 PM
I'd say Fields. I already believed in Getz, Richard and Alexei. Fields had been inconsistent, but has shown what he's capable of doing. Anyone who can lay down a bunt will get my vote.

oeo
04-07-2009, 05:08 PM

Hit and run, little blooper to right.

I mentioned this in the post game thread...I think Getz showed a little bit of every part of his game today, and why it's going to be important to our success this year. Solid D, good baserunning, nice contact.

jabrch
04-07-2009, 05:08 PM

Hit and Run with Fields on 1B.

asindc
04-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Fields was the best one for me with Getz a close second. His throw home and bunt single made this victory possible.

I was going to say Getz (who played an all-around excellent game today), but your comment reminded me of he-who-shall-not-be-named failing to lay down a squeeze bunt in a game against Baltimore last April. Very refreshing to get that kind of fundamental play in a late-game situation. A toast to Fields, Getz, and Richard in any order you want.:gulp:

thedudeabides
04-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Hit and Run with Fields on 1B.

That was so nice to see. I would love Ozzie to be able to put guys in motion a bit more. Putting the pressure back on the opposing pitcher/defense.

DirtySox
04-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Fields. He had a great all around game.

spawn
04-07-2009, 05:23 PM
I'd have to go with Dewayne Wise.

everafan
04-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Jim Thome was most impressive.

DickAllen72
04-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Of all the new guys(relatively) that we are watching closely who impressed you the most from game #1:

Josh Fields.

Boondock Saint
04-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Clayton looked great, doing what I expected Buehrle to do, inducing soft grounders and attacking hitters with good pitch placement. I also thought Fields looked good, with the heads up bunt in the 8th. Getz did a great job making good contact on a less than ideal pitch on the hit and run.

Domeshot17
04-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Josh Fields looked great with the Bat, the glove, and was amazing on the base paths.

Dibbs
04-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Josh Fields looked the best today. Very impressive.

Metalthrasher442
04-07-2009, 05:46 PM
I don't want to get too carried away with either Getz or Fields. At least they both showed what they're capable of so that when they have a bad a game they won't get bashed too hard.

I'll give Wise all of April to prove himself, but he did absolutely nothing right at the plate today. He could have had two better bunt attempts holding the bat in between his teeth.

guillensdisciple
04-07-2009, 05:55 PM
I was very impressed by Fields. His game seems a little more "mature" in a sense. Definitely couldn't see him putting down a bunt two or three years ago.

However, I liked Getz too- he had a solid outing, and showed some of that peskiness and first to third ability that we need (he seems like the type of guy that the Twins would love).

I am most excited for Richard. He looks like he can be a very productive pitcher for the White Sox.

hawkjt
04-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Fields by a hair over Getz.

Josh had a huge clutch two out hit with bases loaded after AJ and Alexi came up short ...had to be a huge lift in the dugout and it was a solid two strike base hit.
then the bunt, was perfect execution, and just seeing a successful bunt like that is great for everyone in the dugout cus they spent a ton of time on bunting this spring.

Getz's hit and run execution was also huge,altho it is more of a reaction play than Josh's bunt....and then josh's baserunning on that play was great.

Clayton...I expect that from him...he is solid.

chisox77
04-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Josh Fields (one great play, one nice play), Chris Getz (good glove work at second), Jim Thome (three hits, a clutch bomb, three RBI), Clayton Richard (two perfect innings in relief).

Solid - Buerhle (battled without his good stuff), Dotel, Jenks, Konerko, and Dye.

The others will have plenty of good games. A really good start for the White Sox.

:cool:

cws05champ
04-07-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't want to get too carried away with either Getz or Fields. At least they both showed what they're capable of so that when they have a bad a game they won't get bashed too hard.

I'll give Wise all of April to prove himself, but he did absolutely nothing right at the plate today. He could have had two better bunt attempts holding the bat in between his teeth.
I don't think we can give him that long. If he were a young guy like Getz and Fields you give them time to settle in, but Wise already has a long minor league track record. I'm not ready to pull him yet, but I don't think giving him a month will work.

JB98
04-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Thome was the most impressive player today, but among those listed by the original poster, I thought Fields was the best.

WagMan
04-07-2009, 06:50 PM
1a: Josh Fields
1b: Chris Getz

It was great to see Fields' play at third with the bases loaded saving a run at that time. Also, his bunt single was a great call/execution. I'm glad somebody got a bunt down today!