PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on new MLB.TV...?

JermaineDye05
04-07-2009, 09:57 AM
What do you guys think of the new mlb.com/gameday/mlb.tv?

I only try mlb.tv once so far this year and was blown away. I don't have premium, but it's great without having premium. Can anyone who has premium, give me some input on what some of the new features are? I also love the new layout for mlb.com, much easier to navigate. So far :thumbsup::thumbsup:

johnnyg83
04-07-2009, 10:02 AM
It's cool. Haven't tried everything yet.

The feeds struggled a bit when I had four games on at once. And the DVR is slow to react. But they have "jump to inning" and "game highlights" "game summary" you can access while the game is going on. Plus a translucent box score that pops up. It pops up over the game which isn't ideal, but it responds quickly.

You can also do Picture in Picture.

EnglishChiSox
04-07-2009, 10:07 AM
It's decent, however i think the plugin to get HD quality picture is a little buggy, freezing and stuttering ALOT. However i got a good picture watching on the highest band on the non-premium levels and it played all the way through.

oeo
04-07-2009, 10:37 AM
It's decent, however i think the plugin to get HD quality picture is a little buggy, freezing and stuttering ALOT.

Have you streamed HD before? It's very likely that it could be your system.

I want Mags back
04-07-2009, 10:57 AM
The HD was phenomenal when it worked, but crashed a bunch.

IlliniOne82
04-07-2009, 11:22 AM
I ordered the premium level and am impressed by the picture quality and the other features. I really like the boxscore overlay and the fantasy tracker. I've had Extra Innings in the past but didn't want to commit to a full season because sometimes I find myself not using it enough. I like the monthly option of MLB.tv. The biggest problem I had is my 4 year old laptop with 512 MB of memory has problems when I switch back and forth from the media application and another window. It inspired me to order additional memory, something I should have done long ago.

Jurr
04-07-2009, 07:45 PM
I will tell you what's amazing is the new iPhone app. You get live gameday play by play, live audio of every game, and perfect video highlights as they happen. I am in love.

october23sp
04-07-2009, 08:40 PM
I will tell you what's amazing is the new iPhone app. You get live gameday play by play, live audio of every game, and perfect video highlights as they happen. I am in love.

Whoa thanks for the heads up, I thought it was just batter by batter updates, which ESPN has free on their mobile site.

Marqhead
04-07-2009, 08:42 PM
I haven't tried MLBtv yet, I will later this week.

MLB gameday is incredible. They have continued to update its intricacy, and now it boasts all sorts of features and stats. Sure makes not being able to see the game a bit more enjoyable.

JermaineDye05
04-07-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm a little annoyed with how long it's taking for the availability of games after they've been played. Last year, within an hour the video was up. The White Sox game is still not up and the Brewers/Giants and Red Sox/Rays game JUST got up. Hopefully this will speed up soon. Since I don't get comcast up here, I like to watch some of the games after they've been played.

johnnyg83
04-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Feeds struggled a lot today when I had more than one game on -- even with picture quality only half way up.

manders_01
04-07-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm a little annoyed with how long it's taking for the availability of games after they've been played. Last year, within an hour the video was up. The White Sox game is still not up and the Brewers/Giants and Red Sox/Rays game JUST got up. Hopefully this will speed up soon. Since I don't get comcast up here, I like to watch some of the games after they've been played.

I've been rather annoyed it's not up either. :mad:

JermaineDye05
04-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Gah, how aggravating. It was up, but then the sound was way off so I closed it to re-open and see if it fixes the sound problem. I go back and the video feeds are back to "soon" :angry:.