PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Club Seating

Rocky Soprano
04-06-2009, 11:32 AM
I was able to score some stadium club passes for Opening Day, is most of the seating first come first serve? I know that its possible to make reservations, but would I be able to reserve a spot or are only the members able to?

I was thinking of staying up there the whole game if possible.

Thanks for the help!

CLR01
04-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I was able to score some stadium club passes for Opening Day, is most of the seating first come first serve? I know that its possible to make reservations, but would I be able to reserve a spot or are only the members able to?

Thanks for the help!

Downstairs and the glass is reservation only. The bar tables are first come first serve. If you can get a reservation on the glass and stay there the whole game I believe there is a fee. By glass seatibng I mean both the seating right on the glass, the row right behind it and the first row of upper tier seating upstairs. If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me. There should be a number on the back of the club tickets to make reservations but I doubt you'll have any luck.

Jurr
04-06-2009, 12:08 PM

Thanks for the help!
I had passes last year for the home opener, and it was MADNESS. I know it's cool to say, "I was in the club for the opener", but I found it much more enjoyable to be in my seat in the actual stadium. I didn't even eat in the club b/c it was too frustrating. TONS OF PEOPLE.

Rocky Soprano
04-06-2009, 12:28 PM
I had passes last year for the home opener, and it was MADNESS. I know it's cool to say, "I was in the club for the opener", but I found it much more enjoyable to be in my seat in the actual stadium. I didn't even eat in the club b/c it was too frustrating. TONS OF PEOPLE.

I'm all for being in my actual seats but since its going to be so cold, I thought it would be nice to be in club. I'm just hoping I have a good view and not having to watch a tv screen.

Jurr
04-06-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm all for being in my actual seats but since its going to be so cold, I thought it would be nice to be in club. I'm just hoping I have a good view and not having to watch a tv screen.
This was EXACTLY the problem. They admittedly have a tough time with seating during huge games like the opener, and you're usually going to find yourself crammed against one of the back walls.

Once the weather gets nice and you're in the middle of the season, sitting in the club is AWESOME.

Rocky Soprano
04-06-2009, 12:46 PM
This was EXACTLY the problem. They admittedly have a tough time with seating during huge games like the opener, and you're usually going to find yourself crammed against one of the back walls.

Once the weather gets nice and you're in the middle of the season, sitting in the club is AWESOME.

Did you get there as soon as the gates opened? Maybe it will help if you get there early?

LoveYourSuit
04-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't enjoy the game when sitting in there. It feels like you are so out off the action even when sitting by the window.

#1swisher
04-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Did you get there as soon as the gates opened? Maybe it will help if you get there early?

Just a tip...enter the Stadium Club from outside. The entrance is just south of gate 2, box office. Have your tix and passes ready, they move quickly.

Rocky Soprano
04-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Just a tip...enter the Stadium Club from outside. The entrance is just south of gate 2, box office. Have your tix and passes ready, they move quickly.

Thanks for the tip, will do!

Jerko
04-06-2009, 02:05 PM
You might not be able to make a reservation unless you are the actual member. The account number is on the pass but they might ask for the name on the account. Last year they overbooked, or sold too many memberships or something. I was up there for a WS game, the All Star game, and the 2006 opener, and it was NEVER as crowded as it was for last year's opener. And yes get there early, even if you have passes they won't let you in if it's jam packed sometimes.

CLR01
04-06-2009, 02:14 PM
You might not be able to make a reservation unless you are the actual member.

I have in the past but it has been a number of years. I guess with the increase in attendance and memberships they might not do it anymore.

chisoxfanatic
04-06-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't enjoy the game when sitting in there. It feels like you are so out off the action even when sitting by the window.
I sat in the upper level of the Stadium Club right along the glass during one of the horrible games in that series against the Red Sox a couple years ago (I think we were outscored 46-7 in that series, or something close to that). It was much better sitting up there than dealing with a bunch of the Red Sox fans in the main part of the stadium.

SOXfnNlansing
04-06-2009, 05:03 PM
I attached 3 pages that the Sox sent me about the club. It should answer everyone's questions.

sox2000divchamps
04-06-2009, 05:49 PM
I attached 3 pages that the Sox sent me about the club. It should answer everyone's questions.

You beat me to it.