Butler dh
Gordon 3b
Olivo c
Aviles ss

Meche p

Edit: Thank you mods

Foulke You
04-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Pierzynski, Ramirez, and Fields is a pretty darn good bottom of the order. I like the way our lineup looks. I just hope we can catch the ball as well as hit it.:tongue:

WS in 05
04-05-2009, 04:19 PM
If Konerko can tear like he did in AZ thats a hell of a 6 hitter. Especially if TCQ hits like he did last year and JD has a typical year. We'll be in good shape.:bandance::gulp::bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
04-05-2009, 04:28 PM
I like Konerko in the 6-hole. I'd like Alexei a little higher in the order. And I hope Getz hits so well that he forces his way into the leadoff spot by May 1.

everafan
04-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Wasn't Teahan this close to being released and now he's bating 3rd?

Metalthrasher442
04-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Good line-up. Can't wait to see how long Wise stays at the lead off spot.

Only thing that surprised me in the line-up was Thome batting clean up over Dye. I got so used to Dye batting fourth.

JGarlandrules20
04-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Wasn't Teahan this close to being released and now he's bating 3rd?

Not being released, but he pretty much lost out on a starting job when the Royals got Crisp. However, hitting around .500 with an .833 SLG% and 7 homers on the spring helped his cause. He's not the everyday second baseman but if he hits, he has the upperhand to start there as long as he makes the routine plays.

Don't ask me how I know so much about him, he's my favorite non-sox player, hah.

I hope they get this game in tomorrow!

Frater Perdurabo
04-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Only thing that surprised me in the line-up was Thome batting clean up over Dye. I got so used to Dye batting fourth.

I guess it makes some sense if you consider that Thome often will lead off the second inning (hopefully not too often!), and he's got one of the higher OBPs on the team. He also runs the bases well, even though he is not fast.

Metalthrasher442
04-05-2009, 04:48 PM
I guess it makes some sense if you consider that Thome often will lead off the second inning (hopefully not too often!), and he's got one of the higher OBPs on the team. He also runs the bases well, even though he is not fast.

Yeah, but his average was just so bad last season. Whatever a lead off walk is a lead off walk!

DoItForDanPasqua
04-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Good to do these again.

Sox:

Wise cf
Getz 2b
Quentin lf
Thome dh
Dye rf
Konerko 1b
Pierzynski c
Ramirez ss
Fields 3b

Buehrle p

Royals:

Crisp cf
DeJesus lf
Teahen 2b
Guillen rf
Jacobs 1b
Butler dh
Gordon 3b
Olivo c
Aviles ss

Meche p

Edit: Thank you mods

I'm pretty optimistic about this lineup. If Wise, Getz, and Fields can contribute this could be a pretty solid offense.

singapore_sling
04-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I really like our lineup this year. The mix of young guys looking to prove themselves and older vets that want to get back on track after an off year is great imo.

EnglishChiSox
04-05-2009, 06:57 PM
I'd like to see Alexei above AJ to avoid some Double plays but apart from that I'm happy with this Lineup.

whitesox901
04-05-2009, 11:11 PM
I like the line-up this year, very solid

Lip Man 1
04-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Looking back you wonder if Kenny ever rethinks his off season philosophy and wishes he had gone out and got Crisp from the Red Sox.

Wouldn't have cost much and such looks a tad better in the top slot then Wise doesn't it? Also he adds speed.

Oh well...

Lip

jabrch
04-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Looking back you wonder if Kenny ever rethinks his off season philosophy and wishes he had gone out and got Crisp from the Red Sox.

Wouldn't have cost much and such looks a tad better in the top slot then Wise doesn't it? Also he adds speed.

Oh well...

Lip

He's making 6mm this year. He hits about .280/.330/.410. I don't think it is out of the question to propose that BA/Wise can't combine to equal or exceed that.

oeo
04-05-2009, 11:31 PM
He's making 6mm this year. He hits about .280/.330/.410. I don't think it is out of the question to propose that BA/Wise can't combine to equal or exceed that.

I'd be shocked...

This was a bad plan, and even worse than having no back up plan to Anderson in 2006.

jabrch
04-05-2009, 11:42 PM
I'd be shocked...

This was a bad plan, and even worse than having no back up plan to Anderson in 2006.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not happy with it. I was hoping we'd have someone else. But I am not sure Crisp is the answer. For the record, Wise 2008 had virtually the same OPS as Coco's career average. Not saying we are set at the position...just that if it is our biggest weakness, we will be OK.

The question was - does KW regret not getting Coco...I'm not sure he's the kind of player you give up something for - to pay 6mm.

BadBobbyJenks
04-06-2009, 01:16 AM
I love 2-9!

SoxSpeed22
04-06-2009, 01:38 AM
I think Fields batting 9th puts him in the best position. If Alexei improved his baserunning technique and becomes a base-stealing threat, then Fields will get a lot of fastballs to hit. The 3-4-5 spots with Quentin, Thome and Dye can also do a lot of damage.