PDA

View Full Version : FSN North Replays Metrodome series

october23sp
04-04-2009, 11:41 PM
As I was flipping through the channels today I noticed FSN North had several Twins games on in a row and then I realized it was the final series that they swept the Sox. I actually enjoyed watching them celebrate after they won the last game because I knew what happened 2 weeks later.:D: I just thought it was weird that they would play those games even though they ended up not meaning anything.

Jerome
04-05-2009, 03:37 AM
i don't know if i could enjoy this. it's would be like me looking at photos of my girlfriend hanging out with another guy the few weeks we split up. yeah, it turned out ok in the end, but the memories are still unpleasant

Nellie_Fox
04-05-2009, 03:43 AM
i don't know if i could enjoy this. it's would be like me looking at photos of my girlfriend hanging out with another guy the few weeks we split up. yeah, it turned out ok in the end, but the memories are still unpleasantShift key. Shift key.

SoxGirl4Life
04-05-2009, 03:26 PM
It would be an empty feeling if I was a Twins fan, knowing that less than a week later, it would all have slipped through our fingers...

Jerome
04-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Shift key. Shift key.

Hah yeah that is a little hard on the eyes.

Marqhead
04-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Those games were heartbreakers, and I plunged into a dark dark place after that series. But the Sox rallied, and emerged with a remarkable finish and an exciting ending with the 3 wins in 3 days to make the playoffs.

Still, I would not want to rehash the terrible memories associated with that metrodome series.

Dick Allen
04-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Maybe they'll have technical difficulties.

Foulke You
04-06-2009, 02:57 AM
Those games were heartbreakers, and I plunged into a dark dark place after that series. But the Sox rallied, and emerged with a remarkable finish and an exciting ending with the 3 wins in 3 days to make the playoffs.

Still, I would not want to rehash the terrible memories associated with that metrodome series.
I couldn't even watch the end of Game 3 of that dome series because I was so furious that the Sox were handing them the division. I turned it off before the Twins celebrated. The Twinkees thought they had it in the bag but boy were they wrong. It was quite sweet to steal it back from them in Game 163. I think I would almost like to see the end of Game 3 one more time just to see how over the top their celebration was. I heard that they whooped it up like they won the division that game. It would almost be worth watching that knowing how the season ended up.:cool:

october23sp
04-06-2009, 04:05 PM
I couldn't even watch the end of Game 3 of that dome series because I was so furious that the Sox were handing them the division. I turned it off before the Twins celebrated. The Twinkees thought they had it in the bag but boy were they wrong. It was quite sweet to steal it back from them in Game 163. I think I would almost like to see the end of Game 3 one more time just to see how over the top their celebration was. I heard that they whooped it up like they won the division that game. It would almost be worth watching that knowing how the season ended up.:cool:

They didn't celebrate like they won the division. They celebrated like the World Series.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-06-2009, 04:49 PM
They didn't celebrate like they won the division. They celebrated like the World Series.
That image, coupled with Joe Nathan's successful whining campaign over the coin flips, has me hating the Twins more than I ever thought possible.

Seriously, why would they choose to air these games? I don't think I'd want to re-watch the Bears' Week 16 overtime win against Green Bay, knowing that they'd end up screwing the pooch the next week in Houston. What a bunch of idiots.

crashwave
04-06-2009, 05:46 PM

Agreed. And they came out the next night against KC and played horribly.

october23sp
04-06-2009, 07:58 PM
This has really got my hatred for the Twins going it's awesome. **** Gomez he's my most hated Twin.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
04-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Agreed. And they came out the next night against KC and played horribly.

We can thank KC for giving us the opportunity to not let us totally implode by taking that series from the Twins.

I'm going to re-pay them for that by going to the Sox' 4th of July series against them at Kauffman Stadium.

Thank God I didn't watch that last game...I would've kicked the TV screen in to see the Twins prance around like they won something. I am so happy they got to see the Sox REALLY celebrate something in Game 163. Karma was in full effect that game.

Madscout
04-06-2009, 09:30 PM
We can thank KC for giving us the opportunity to not let us totally implode by taking that series from the Twins.

I'm going to re-pay them for that by going to the Sox' 4th of July series against them at Kauffman Stadium.

Thank God I didn't watch that last game...I would've kicked the TV screen in to see the Twins prance around like they won something. I am so happy they got to see the Sox REALLY celebrate something in Game 163. Karma was in full effect that game.
KC didn't win those ball games, the Twins lost them, and flat out sucked doing it.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
KC didn't win those ball games, the Twins lost them, and flat out sucked doing it.

All that matters is that the Royals scored more runs than the Twins in those games.

Won't stop me from going.