PDA

View Full Version : Gammons blog regarding young players

JermaineDye05
04-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Link (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=gammons_peter&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fname%3dgammons_peter)

Basically mentions the young players who impressed the most this spring. A couple of White Sox names.

Gordon Beckham
Josh Fields
Alexei Ramirez

I thought it was interesting that he put Alexei in the category of "Breakout Players" for this year. If 2008 wasn't a break out year for Alexei, I wonder what we should expect from him this year :o:.

Britt Burns
04-04-2009, 07:31 PM
I thought it was interesting that he put Alexei in the category of "Breakout Players" for this year. If 2008 wasn't a break out year for Alexei, I wonder what we should expect from him this year :o:.

In other news, Gammons feels very strongly that Mark Buehrle, who in a complete coincidence has never pitched for the Red Sox or Yankees, is set to have a break out season as well, and Buehrle will be traded to the Red Sox or Yankees by years end.

getonbckthr
04-04-2009, 07:55 PM
I think if Gammons could he would have that kid from Florida's, Stanton, children.

sunofgold
04-05-2009, 02:38 AM
I was listening to the SCORE this afternoon around 11:50AM. Greg Walker was on and he said good things about Fields. Apparently, there was something slightly wrong with Field's swing (last year?). He said that Fields had a slide in this swing. But, that Fields had adjusted this and should be a better hitter.

It is very possible that Fields has a breakout season. At least offensive. Walker said Fields spent the offseason working very hard on his offense as well as his defense.

I really hope that he surprises up and improves on his 2007 number. The home runs will be there, but if he can increase the average and cut down on the strikeouts...well that would be huge. He could put up some impressive number down in the lower bottom of the order.

Nellie_Fox
04-05-2009, 03:09 AM
I was listening to the SCORE this afternoon around 11:50AM. Greg Walker was on and he said good things about Fields. Apparently, there was something slightly wrong with Field's swing (last year?). He said that Fields had a slide in this swing. But, that Fields had adjusted this and should be a better hitter.

It is very possible that Fields has a breakout season. At least offensive. Walker said Fields spent the offseason working very hard on his offense as well as his defense.

I really hope that he surprises up and improves on his 2007 number. The home runs will be there, but if he can increase the average and cut down on the strikeouts...well that would be huge. He could put up some impressive number down in the lower bottom of the order.Let's hope he puts up numbers that move him to the middle of the order, and plays an adequate defensive third base. If neither happens, it will not be good.

whitesox901
04-05-2009, 03:13 AM

I really hope that he surprises up and improves on his 2007 number. The home runs will be there, but if he can increase the average and cut down on the strikeouts...well that would be huge. He could put up some impressive number down in the lower bottom of the order.

I always thought Fields would pan as a player someday, maybe 09' will be the year.

HebrewHammer
04-05-2009, 11:12 AM

Fields has learned the "Greg Walker" method has he? I think we all know what that means. Fields will lead the league in infield pop-ups, but they will all be TOWERING.