PDA

View Full Version : White Sox 5th most expensive average ticket

Fenway
04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
However the Sox are $15 behind the Flubs.

The Yankees now own the #1 slot bolting past Boston

http://teammarketing.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/Fan%20Cost%20Index/MLB/MLB%20FCI%2009.pdf

Noneck
04-03-2009, 02:18 PM
It looks as though quite a few teams did hold the line on price increases as they held the line on salaries.

soxfan21
04-03-2009, 02:38 PM
$180 more for an average premium seat at wrigley than at The Cell, that's outrageous. Also, $25 to park at wrigley, for how many spots 15 or 20?

twinsuck
04-03-2009, 02:46 PM
$180 more for an average premium seat at wrigley than at The Cell, that's outrageous. Also, $25 to park at wrigley, for how many spots 15 or 20?
Yes, but where the heck are you supposed to park at Wrigley? I can see why it would be high, there isn't much space to park. But the Sox parking is $23 this year! That is outrageous!

jabrch
04-03-2009, 02:47 PM
When you look at this in a bit more detail, it is interesting...

What we don't have, that other franchises like the Cubs do have, is very cheap and very crappy seats. UD Reserved (500 level in the OF) at Wrigley are awful seats. For 62 games of the year, those tickets are $16-$20. (more for premium games, and $9 for crappy games in April). This varies greatly from their Field box (equivalent generally to our Lower Box) where they get about $70 which is about twice what we get. Our cheapest sites price the same as their cheapest...despite the huge gap in the better seats.

Maybe that's part of the answer? Lower the price of the Upper Reserved and raise the price of the premium lower box (where there are almost never any openings for ST) and the lower box (or at least tier that section....

champagne030
04-03-2009, 03:06 PM
This varies greatly from their Field box (equivalent generally to our Lower Box) where they get about $70 which is about twice what we get. Our cheapest sites price the same as their cheapest...despite the huge gap in the better seats.

They only charge $70 on premier dates. We charge $52 for premier dates and that's not double in my book.

Jack up ticket prices
Slash payroll

/Jerry FTW

thegooch
04-03-2009, 03:16 PM
What we don't have, that other franchises like the Cubs do have, is very cheap and very crappy seats. UD Reserved (500 level in the OF) at Wrigley are awful seats. For 62 games of the year, those tickets are $16-$20. (more for premium games, and $9 for crappy games in April). This varies greatly from their Field box (equivalent generally to our Lower Box) where they get about $70 which is about twice what we get. Our cheapest sites price the same as their cheapest...despite the huge gap in the better seats.

This is not entirely true. My wife has cubs season tickets in UD reserved and they are right next to the press box. They are awesome seats and they are the cheapest at Wrigley. Now, the seats in UD reserved past the bases are pretty crummy, but there are whole sections of seats up there that are very good seats.

DaveFeelsRight
04-03-2009, 03:23 PM
5 dollars for parking in washington...boy, wouldn't we all love that here

jabrch
04-03-2009, 03:31 PM
What we don't have, that other franchises like the Cubs do have, is very cheap and very crappy seats. UD Reserved (500 level in the OF) at Wrigley are awful seats.

This is not entirely true. My wife has cubs season tickets in UD reserved and they are right next to the press box. They are awesome seats and they are the cheapest at Wrigley. Now, the seats in UD reserved past the bases are pretty crummy, but there are whole sections of seats up there that are very good seats.

I did specifically call out the crappy seats as 500 Level in the OF for that reason. I'd never sit up in the 500 level there - but I recognize there are some seats there that are not completely worthless. But the ones I mentioned - 500 in the OF, are awful - much worse than even the worst (non obstructed view) seat at Comiskey.

doublem23
04-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Jack up ticket prices
Slash payroll

/Jerry FTW

I certainly would have loved to watch Quentin, Danks, and Floyd all walk once they hit free agency after we spent the '08-'09 off-season loading up on studs like Pat Burrell and Jon Garland.

thegooch
04-03-2009, 03:37 PM
I did specifically call out the crappy seats as 500 Level in the OF for that reason. I'd never sit up in the 500 level there - but I recognize there are some seats there that are not completely worthless. But the ones I mentioned - 500 in the OF, are awful - much worse than even the worst (non obstructed view) seat at Comiskey.

Agreed. 500 past the bases are worse than any seat at Comsikey.

I'm actually surprised that the cubs don't charge more for 500 level in between the bases. Seems like they are missing a way to rip off their customers even more.

roylestillman
04-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Maybe that's part of the answer? Lower the price of the Upper Reserved and raise the price of the premium lower box (where there are almost never any openings for ST) and the lower box (or at least tier that section....

I don't mind this one bit. Let the first couple of rows be priced at a ridiculous amount, as long as you keep seats somewhere in the park affordable for families with kids who grow up to be your future fan base.

goofymsfan
04-03-2009, 03:44 PM
It will be interesting to see how the prices of concessions actually compare on this chart. I know last year the prices for hot dogs and beer were significantly more than what this chart is listing. Unfortunately, I have to wait until the 14th to find out! At least I'm taking a night off from work to enjoy the day!

raven1
04-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Yes, but where the heck are you supposed to park at Wrigley? I can see why it would be high, there isn't much space to park. But the Sox parking is $23 this year! That is outrageous!

Actually, Wrigley parking is very cheap - if you're willing to take a shuttle bus. Every year when I go to the Cubs-Sox series I park in the DeVry lot on Addison for $6, which includes a round-trip shuttle bus ticket for everyone in the car. The Sox parking is outrageous - only a few years ago I could always park a few blocks away & walk, but since that's been taken away I have no choice but to park in the lot.

thomas35forever
04-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Actually, Wrigley parking is very cheap - if you're willing to take a shuttle bus. Every year when I go to the Cubs-Sox series I park in the DeVry lot on Addison for $6, which includes a round-trip shuttle bus ticket for everyone in the car. The Sox parking is outrageous - only a few years ago I could always park a few blocks away & walk, but since that's been taken away I have no choice but to park in the lot.
Really? Just last year, my dad and I parked away from the park before a game somewhere between IIT and the L stop.

champagne030
04-03-2009, 04:13 PM
I certainly would have loved to watch Quentin, Danks, and Floyd all walk once they hit free agency after we spent the '08-'09 off-season loading up on studs like Pat Burrell and Jon Garland.

Garland signed a one year deal and Burrell two. And I don't recall anyone suggesting we should sign Burrell. $6M for Garland sure as **** doesn't prevent us from locking up any of those players especially considering what comes off the books in the next two years.

doublem23
04-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Garland signed a one year deal and Burrell two. And I don't recall anyone suggesting we should sign Burrell. $6M for Garland sure as **** doesn't prevent us from locking up any of those players especially considering what comes off the books in the next two years.

A penny saved is a penny earned.

mjmcend
04-03-2009, 04:39 PM
It will be interesting to see how the prices of concessions actually compare on this chart. I know last year the prices for hot dogs and beer were significantly more than what this chart is listing. Unfortunately, I have to wait until the 14th to find out! At least I'm taking a night off from work to enjoy the day!

Yeah I haven't seen a beer for less than $7 at Safeco. I have no idea where they are getting those numbers.

BubblingCalderon
04-03-2009, 05:30 PM
If you counted parking income I bet the Sox make more per fan per game than the Cub's.

doublem23
04-03-2009, 05:31 PM
If you counted parking income I bet the Sox make more per fan per game than the Cub's.

I don't know, the Cubs do scalp their own tickets.

goofymsfan
04-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah I haven't seen a beer for less than $7 at Safeco. I have no idea where they are getting those numbers.

exactly

sox2000divchamps
04-03-2009, 09:33 PM

I know! I bought parking this year with my season tix. I saved about 200 bucks. 18 a game.

Brian26
04-03-2009, 10:44 PM

I'll spend $4.00 a game for my round-trip ride on the L this year.

Taliesinrk
04-03-2009, 11:52 PM
I could be wrong, but I think this is highly misleading... I looked at Sox-Brewers tickets and it seemed like in between the bases and down the lines in the first deck were way higher than what I'd be looking at to see a game at the Cell.

GoGoOzzie
04-04-2009, 12:02 AM
I have in the past tried to make it to at least 10 games/season. Last year I made it to 3, and for one I took Metra and the L. Parking prices are a major reason why I cannot afford to go to Sox games anymore. Even if you split the price of parking 2 ways it's too much.

I think it's a shame that the White Sox are not taking the 'everyday' fan into consideration with ticket prices and parking fees. Without getting political, I am sure the economic situation hits MLB teams hard as well as fans. Nevertheless, I wish they could make games more of a respite from life as opposed to a luxury.

Oh well, I guess that's why the games are shown on TV! :smile:

soxinem1
04-04-2009, 12:06 AM

Agreed. When I go I leave my car at my office in the West Loop, and take the Green Line to 35th.

It also helps to pass by the traffic in/out as well doing it this way!

DoItForDanPasqua
04-04-2009, 12:52 AM

I can't think of a good reason to drive to the game. The blue line and green lines are close and there are bike racks.

dickallen15
04-04-2009, 08:08 AM

I'm actually surprised that the cubs don't charge more for 500 level in between the bases. Seems like they are missing a way to rip off their customers even more.

I don't know about that. The OF 500 level seats at USCF up high are horrid. I remember when the built USCF there was a quote that the closest seat to the field at the new park was farther away from the field that the highest seat at Comiskey Park. I'd imagine its the same with Wrigley, although I agree, there are some awful seats at Wrigley, including several thousand in the lower deck.

dickallen15
04-04-2009, 08:12 AM
$4.50. They are gouging as well.

dickallen15
04-04-2009, 08:13 AM
I could be wrong, but I think this is highly misleading... I looked at Sox-Brewers tickets and it seemed like in between the bases and down the lines in the first deck were way higher than what I'd be looking at to see a game at the Cell.

They jacked up the prices significantly for that game. Seson ticketholders have those seats for close to have what the face is for those games.

Parrothead
04-04-2009, 09:33 AM
When you look at this in a bit more detail, it is interesting...

Apparently, you have not been in UD in the corners way up there. Those seats suck.

champagne030
04-04-2009, 09:38 AM
I can't think of a good reason to drive to the game. The blue line and green lines are close and there are bike racks.

Tailgating.

Soxfest
04-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Parking is way high and the kicker is they are not responsible if anything happens at 23 Bucks for 4 hours someone should be on the hook!

whitesox901
04-04-2009, 05:02 PM

agreed, its quite a nice convince to be able to take Clinton-Blue to 35th-Sox for only $4

DumpJerry
04-04-2009, 05:59 PM

agreed, its quite a nice convince to be able to take Clinton-Blue to 35th-Sox for only $4
Green and Red lines are near the park, not the Blue line. At Clinton, you want the Green Line. The Pink Line also stops at Clinton, but won't get you to the park.

Brian26
04-04-2009, 10:30 PM
$4.50. They are gouging as well.

$4.00 with the ChicagoCard.

Brian26
04-04-2009, 10:33 PM

Actually, at Wrigley, I'd rather have a 500 level seat anywhere than a lower level seat that's more than 2/3 of the way up. Anything in the top 1/3 of the lower level doesn't allow you to see the scoreboard or flyballs/pop-ups because of the overhang of the upper deck.