PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to YANKEE STADIUM III

Fenway
04-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Not bad for !.5 BILLION :tongue:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/04/03/alg_chamberlain.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/yankeestadium/index.html#home

hi im skot
04-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Looks like a screen shot from MLB 09 The Show.

Chrisaway
04-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Is there enough ads in that place? Geeeripes!!!

areilly
04-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Those are some pretty heavy-hitting sponsors, although I guess if you're going to get your name out there you might as well go all the way.

DaveFeelsRight
04-03-2009, 02:16 PM
that place is really ugly

VenturaFan23
04-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Those are some pretty heavy-hitting sponsors, although I guess if you're going to get your name out there you might as well go all the way.

Reminds me of Major League 2. Where's the proctologist ad?

esbrechtel
04-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Reminds me of Major League 2. Where's the proctologist ad?

God that scene is hilarious...

DeadMoney
04-03-2009, 03:10 PM
I count 13 advertisements in that one picture ... I guess that's one way to help pay for a $1.5 billion stadium. :o:

doublem23
04-03-2009, 03:13 PM
I count 13 advertisements in that one picture ... I guess that's one way to help pay for a $1.5 billion stadium. :o:

I wonder where the Taxpayers of New York City put their billboard.

tsoxman
04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
that place is really ugly

I could not agree with you more. The place looks like the 70s version of Yankee Stadium on steroids.

The only real cool thing seems to be the great hall that surrounds the park/ Otherwise, i will take PNC park for 1/10th of the cost.

Red Barchetta
04-03-2009, 09:14 PM
They need some paint/color in the bleacher section. It has a sterile eastern block look to it....

If this was built on the South Side, the Chicago media would be critisizing it already.

With each "new" ballpark, The Cell is looking better and better and more unique.

LongLiveFisk
04-03-2009, 09:41 PM
I have to also say that I'm not overly impressed with how it looks. And with the cost of this ballpark, how long before they too sell the name to a corporate sponsor and then say "well, it's not like it was really THE Yankee Stadium anyway"?

EuroSox35
04-03-2009, 10:47 PM
I saw a little bit of their exhibition game tonight, didn't like the stadium at all. Looks bland/sterile, like it'll have an identity crisis. I think that scoreboard/sign area with all those ads looks out of place with the rest of the stadium

It's kind of funny to browse Yankees forums and see them be excited about stuff we already have, like a view of the field on the concourse

soxinem1
04-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I think NYM did a much better job, especially for, what, half the cost?

BleacherBandit
04-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Let's not down-play this park until we've actually seen it in first-person.

It looks decent to me, and for the cost of a ticket, it must be pretty nice too. You don't build a baseball park for over a billion dollars and not include some nice amenities.

DoItForDanPasqua
04-04-2009, 12:39 AM
I wish they could have rebuilt the old Yankee Stadium. That park was on sacred ground.

oeo
04-04-2009, 01:36 AM

You can't see that the outfield is ugly from pictures? It looks pretty brutal, but will never be criticized because of who plays there.

Citi Field looks a whole lot better; Yanks lost out on that one.

whitesox901
04-04-2009, 01:53 AM
I think both New York Stadiums look fantastic!

Red Barchetta
04-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Is there enough ads in that place? Geeeripes!!!

Seriously! I checked out the Yankees website to see more pictures and that center field "Wall of Advertising" is nasty! The rest of the park looks nice in an old Yankee Stadium design type of way, however I think most of the money went into the luxery appointments that aren't seen on the field. The concourse and entrance looks like you're entering a Wall Street office.

Compared to the Yankees outfield concourse, the Cell's concourse actually looks better. Something I thought I would never say since I have been hoping the SOX would add brick archways to the concourse and remove the lattace structure.

sox2000divchamps
04-04-2009, 09:32 AM

It looks decent to me, and for the cost of a ticket, it must be pretty nice too. You don't build a baseball park for over a billion dollars and not include some nice amenities.

I agree. I think it looks pritty cool. I think after they throw some more paint on it, it will look better. I will have to take a trip out there and tell you guys how it went.

LongLiveFisk
04-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Compared to the Yankees outfield concourse, the Cell's concourse actually looks better.

Well, it looks better NOW. When the Cell was first built I thought the outfield concourse looked very dull and bland. Actually, in some ways this new Yankee Stadium outfield reminds me of the Cell before they renovated. Dull and bland.

But that's just my opinion.

Frater Perdurabo
04-04-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm really irritated that the Yankees just HAD to have the new field have the same dimensions as the old one, as if the cartoonishly short RF wall and deep LCF gap were somehow sacrosanct. I hate sacred cows and this makes me hate this sacred cow organization even more. **** the Yankees, their fans, and their arrogant owners and players. I hope you go 1,000 years before winning another World Series.
:angry:

palehozenychicty
04-04-2009, 10:44 AM
I stopped by the Stadium for batting practice on Thursday. I agree that the ads are ugly in CF, but they have some amazing photography lining the concourse of past championship teams, a great sports bar in center field with vintage baseball cards, and other amenities. The food is much better, but still not at the Cell's level. The seats are much closer to the field than the old park, which will give the new wealthy fans another reason to not pay attention. Overall, an improvement, but not worth the cost.

russ99
04-04-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm really irritated that the Yankees just HAD to have the new field have the same dimensions as the old one, as if the cartoonishly short RF wall and deep LCF gap were somehow sacrosanct. I hate sacred cows and this makes me hate this sacred cow organization even more. **** the Yankees, their fans, and their arrogant owners and players. I hope you go 1,000 years before winning another World Series.
:angry:

Well, I think it's cool they kept the same dimensions, but I hate the higher OF walls, the shrunken monument park and the overall general look.

It's like they tried to made a copy of Yankee Stadium but they forgot the soul. It's way too cold and sterile. If you're gonna rebuild, then rebuild the whole thing. If not then go in a different direction. It's like they modernized everything and made a half-hearted nod to tradition, and it just doesn't work. But it's new and maybe in 10 years I'll feel different, or they'll adjust some things like with the Cell.

The OF ads don't bother me, since they had as many or more in the old park, and you get that everywhere. Even we have a giant Com-Ed ad, if no one's noticed...

Also, my impressions are not from pictures, I saw the extended Cubs-Yankees highlights on ESPN today. The game is on CNS today if you guys want a closer look, but I don't advocate watching the Cubs or the Yankees. :D:

EuroSox35
04-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Both parks are on TV right now (and MLB.TV preview). Mets on MLBNet and Yankees on CSN Chicago, which I might watch a little of since it'll be in HD

chunk
04-04-2009, 01:21 PM
There are some really bad partial view seats in the OF. The restaurant blocks a large portion of the view. I can't believe something like that made it through the design process.

soxinem1
04-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Well, it looks better NOW. When the Cell was first built I thought the outfield concourse looked very dull and bland. Actually, in some ways this new Yankee Stadium outfield reminds me of the Cell before they renovated. Dull and bland.

But that's just my opinion.

I agree 100%. I think from what I've seen that the NYM got it done right the first time.

When Yankee Stadium III becomes Bloomberg Field maybe they'll get rid of the concrete feel with the naming rights $$$$$$.