PDA

View Full Version : BP Projected Standings

DSpivack
04-02-2009, 02:10 PM
They have the Sox at 76-86.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/fantasy/dc/

eriqjaffe
04-02-2009, 02:17 PM
At least we won the tiebreaker with the Twins!

Tragg
04-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Yea well, our pitchers don't strike out that many, so they are mediocre. These are probably done pre MacDougal - we'd probably be good for 2 more wins if the K king were considered.

WhiteSox5187
04-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Hey, we're four wins better than we were last year!

NLaloosh
04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Yeah, the Angels will finish at .500 4 games ahead of the Mariners.

This is the worst projection I have ever seen. I think anyone on this board would make more accurate predictions.

doublem23
04-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Yeah, the Angels will finish at .500 4 games ahead of the Mariners.

This is the worst projection I have ever seen. I think anyone on this board would make more accurate predictions.

The Angels' Pythagoreum W-L last year was only 88-74, wouldn't be shocking at all to see them not even come close to matching last year's 100-win total.

Lip Man 1
04-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Isn't this old news? Seriously like a month old or did something change from the first time the eggheads at BP came out with this crap?

Lip

EndemicSox
04-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Lets see, the Sox have an MVP quality stud batting 3rd, Konerko/Dye/Thome providing around 100 HR's...a respectable catcher and SS...three good starting pitchers, and two wildcards who have the ability to shut down good lineups if they are healthy. Not to mention a lights out BP, for the most part. Yeah, 76 wins...:mad:

doublem23
04-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Lets see, the Sox have an MVP quality stud batting 3rd, Konerko/Dye/Thome providing around 100 HR's...a respectable catcher and SS...three good starting pitchers, and two wildcards who have the ability to shut down good lineups if they are healthy. Not to mention a lights out BP, for the most part. Yeah, 76 wins...:mad:

Don't take it so personally... You can, on the flip side say we have no lead-off hitter, an offensive black hole in CF, an unknown at 2B and 3B, Quentin has had injury problems plague the first few years of his career, Konerko/Thome are on the wrong side of their prime years, and Contreras and Colon might not combine to make 10 starts this year.

What do you want from them? I can see why some people would be down on the Sox, I don't agree, but there are valid questions to ask about this team.

Daver
04-02-2009, 04:47 PM

They are going to field the worst defensive outfield in MLB for a good percentage of their games, a very mediocre defensive infield, a questionable starting rotation, and a lineup top heavy with station to station players. That is not exactly a recipe for a championship caliber team.

Corlose 15
04-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Don't take it so personally... You can, on the flip side say we have no lead-off hitter, an offensive black hole in CF, an unknown at 2B and 3B, Quentin has had injury problems plague the first few years of his career, Konerko/Thome are on the wrong side of their prime years, and Contreras and Colon might not combine to make 10 starts this year.

What do you want from them? I can see why some people would be down on the Sox, I don't agree, but there are valid questions to ask about this team.

Its kind of funny because all the experts seem to be real high on Getz but still consider 2B a hole.

Also, everyone talks about how the Sox have holes at 3B, 2B, CF etc. but nobody ever brings up the absolute lack of depth in the rotation that Detroit and Cleveland have. (Both of whom BP picked ahead of the Sox and Twins).