PDA

View Full Version : Notice how Mr. Green of the Dodgers

Tragg
08-03-2001, 11:09 PM
runs around the bases after a big-time clutch home run?

A fairly fast jog, beginning in the batters box and ending after he touches home plate ; the body facing the bases, not the crowd. Shake a few hands afterwards. Show some humility.

Quite a contrast.

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
runs around the bases after a big-time clutch home run?

A fairly fast jog, beginning in the batters box and ending after he touches home plate ; the body facing the bases, not the crowd. Shake a few hands afterwards. Show some humility.

Quite a contrast.

You aren't talking about a certain number 21 playing in right field are you?

OfficerKarkovice
08-03-2001, 11:12 PM
Yeah I'm a big Shawn Green fan and I think there are plenty of them. I was in LA for a game last week and the fans there just love him. He went yard for like the 7th time in 8 games and the fans were just going nuts. He seems to be a really good guy.

PutItOnTheBoard
08-03-2001, 11:12 PM
I've always liked Shawn Green, as one of the few Jewish players in MLB. I'm not Jewish myself, mind you, but I like to see a little diversity in all sports. Ever since I watched that 'Life and Times of Hank Greenberg' documentary last year, I've become more aware of how few Jews there are in baseball. Anyway, all that aside, Green is a heck of a class act and one hell of a baseball player..

OfficerKarkovice
08-03-2001, 11:14 PM
Haha speaking of that it was so funny last week...I was sitting ahead of a big Jewish family and when he was up the dad was on his cell phone relating his at bat to whoever was on the phone...and the always just refer to him as Shawn like they are talking about a family member. It was great.

Mathew
08-04-2001, 12:21 PM
It seems as though Shawn has finally really come into his own in L.A. He is mashing the ball and he has very good speed, good D. It's remarkable that when Toronto traded him to L.A. he was making insane money, but with the way things have gone with
:payrod
it seems like a bargain