PDA

View Full Version : Dontrelle & Zumaya start season on DL for Detroit

doublem23
03-30-2009, 11:58 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2009/news/story?id=4025104

Even though they're division rivals, its hard not to feel a little for Zumaya... All the talent in the world, but he can't stay healthy for any amount of time any more.

esbrechtel
03-30-2009, 12:07 PM
I have a feeling Detriot is going to have a rough first couple weeks....didn't they threaten a fire sale? I kinda feel for Tiger fans...I have never hated the Tigers as much as the Indians or Twins and they were bad for so long they deserve a winner....I actually enjoyed our battle in 2006 (even though we blew it :whiner:)

JGarlandrules20
03-30-2009, 12:21 PM
The whole diagnosing an anxiety disorder because of a blood test is odd. Especially when Willis doesn't claim to have any symptoms, at least with those quotes. I guess there could be more to it.

oeo
03-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Even though they're division rivals, its hard not to feel a little for Zumaya... All the talent in the world, but he can't stay healthy for any amount of time any more.

He makes Kerry Wood look like a horse.

Oblong
03-30-2009, 12:48 PM
The Zumaya thing isn't that bad because he didn't really have any setbacks. He's just not quite ready yet from his shoulder surgery last year. Everything's still healing.

The Willis thing is pretty sad. I initially thought that "anxiety disorder" was just a smokescreen but from what I've been able to gather it sounds like a legit reason. Similar in a way to what Zach Greinke went through. Not the same root cause but it's a physical condition that affects you upstairs. It was detected through blood work.

JermaineDye05
03-30-2009, 01:05 PM
The Zumaya thing isn't that bad because he didn't really have any setbacks. He's just not quite ready yet from his shoulder surgery last year. Everything's still healing.

The Willis thing is pretty sad. I initially thought that "anxiety disorder" was just a smokescreen but from what I've been able to gather it sounds like a legit reason. Similar in a way to what Zach Greinke went through. Not the same root cause but it's a physical condition that affects you upstairs. It was detected through blood work.

Plus you have to factor in that Guitar Hero World Tour came out last year, good thing it sucked otherwise you could have been looking at another year without Zumaya.

Oblong
03-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Plus you have to factor in that Guitar Hero World Tour came out last year, good thing it sucked otherwise you could have been looking at another year without Zumaya.

I think he's past the Guitar Hero stuff and moved on to Keg Stands. (Yes there are pics of him out there doing keg stands at parties. I believe it was post surgery too)

Sad
03-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Bonderman's probably out the first week also... :o:

palehozenychicty
03-30-2009, 03:34 PM
The Tigers are already in trouble. I wasn't worried about them anyway. Neither is KW. :tongue:

DumpJerry
03-30-2009, 06:05 PM
The Tigers are quickly becoming the new Royals.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
03-30-2009, 06:41 PM
I have a feeling Detriot is going to have a rough first couple weeks....didn't they threaten a fire sale? I kinda feel for Tiger fans...I have never hated the Tigers as much as the Indians or Twins and they were bad for so long they deserve a winner....I actually enjoyed our battle in 2006 (even though we blew it :whiner:)

Good, maybe that will bring them down to earth.

After '06 and until '08, they thought they were God's gift to baseball. I had a Tiger fan on my floor in college in '06, and I never heard the end of it when the Tigers made it to the World Series. How the Tigers were going to steamroll the Cardinals and how they were going to make look easy.

Of course, when they lost, I went over to his room wearing my 2005 World Series Champions shirt, pointed to it and asked "So, when do they start printing yours out? Oh, they already did, but they're going to be sent down to some country in Africa." He slammed the door in my face.

Maybe this will teach the Tigers fans some humility.

cwsfannick
03-30-2009, 11:41 PM

Oblong, any chance the Tiger's organization float the idea to Willis of becoming a positional player rather than trying to find the strike zone again ala the Cardinals with Rick Ankiel? I have no idea where he would play, but I do remember Dontrelle showing the ability to hit.

RadioheadRocks
03-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Good, maybe that will bring them down to earth.

After '06 and until '08, they thought they were God's gift to baseball. I had a Tiger fan on my floor in college in '06, and I never heard the end of it when the Tigers made it to the World Series. How the Tigers were going to steamroll the Cardinals and how they were going to make look easy.

Of course, when they lost, I went over to his room wearing my 2005 World Series Champions shirt, pointed to it and asked "So, when do they start printing yours out? Oh, they already did, but they're going to be sent down to some country in Africa." He slammed the door in my face.

Maybe this will teach the Tigers fans some humility.

:rolling:

NLaloosh
03-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Detroit- last place. Although, they gained an advantage by dumping Sheffield. Maybe that will spark the team.

FloridaTigers
03-31-2009, 03:43 PM
They're just being very careful with Bonderman as well.

whitesox901
03-31-2009, 04:42 PM
detroit- last place. Although, they gained an advantage by dumping sheffield. Maybe that will spark the team.

+1