PDA

View Full Version : Viciedo, Poreda headed to Birmingham

Sockinchisox
03-30-2009, 11:47 AM
http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=2946

A Sox source told BA that Viciedo will be headed to Birmingham and Poreda says he's going back there as well.

DirtySox
03-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Jordan Danks will start in High A Winston-Salem as well. I'm pleased that he knows he needs to cut down on the strikeouts. That's one thing I'm worried about with him, much more than developing power.

What channel will the Baron's games be on TV?

Britt Burns
03-30-2009, 01:03 PM
That should be a very interesting team to watch with Beckham, Vicideo, and Poreda all in B-ham. Hopefully that will be a core group of guys that rise to the bigs together and stay in Chicago for a long time...

BadBobbyJenks
03-30-2009, 02:21 PM
What is the closest team to Chicago that the Barons will play?

DSpivack
03-30-2009, 02:27 PM
What is the closest team to Chicago that the Barons will play?

They're in the Southern League, so none are close, but the Tennessee Smokies near Knoxville might be the closest.

EDIT: Or the West Tenn Diamond Jaxx in Jackson [In between Memphis and Nashville].

DirtySox
03-30-2009, 02:29 PM
That should be a very interesting team to watch with Beckham, Vicideo, and Poreda all in B-ham. Hopefully that will be a core group of guys that rise to the bigs together and stay in Chicago for a long time...

Allen and Flowers will also be in AA yes?

sox1970
03-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Allen and Flowers will also be in AA yes?

Yes

BadBobbyJenks
03-30-2009, 02:47 PM
They're in the Southern League, so none are close, but the Tennessee Smokies near Knoxville might be the closest.

EDIT: Or the West Tenn Diamond Jaxx in Jackson [In between Memphis and Nashville].

I figured that would be the case. That will be a fun team to watch, I cant remember a White Sox minor league team with that many potential major league players.

DirtySox
03-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Who else is in the AA rotation? I'm thinking Poreda is the only noteworthy one.

SoxSpeed22
03-30-2009, 07:23 PM
We've got some promising talent at Birmingham, all they have to do is get coached up properly.
Justin Cassel (Matt's brother) might also be someone to watch in the Barons rotation.

rdivaldi
03-30-2009, 09:26 PM
I figured that would be the case. That will be a fun team to watch, I cant remember a White Sox minor league team with that many potential major league players.

2001 Charlotte Knights:

SP - Kip Wells (24)
SP - Jon Garland (21)
SP - Gary Glover (24)
SP - Matt Ginter (23)
SP - Matt Guerrier (22)
SP - Jon Rauch (22)
RP - Josh Fogg (24)

3B - Joe Crede (23)
OF - Aaron Rowand (23)

I remember that team was supposed to run away with the International League crown. What a disaster that turned into.