PDA

View Full Version : Tough Game But Some Postitives

kevingrt
05-27-2002, 11:03 PM
Hey we had a tough game, Wright didn't bring his "A" game, but don't expect him to do great ever time, but not this bad either. Think w/o the 1st inning we win.

The positives were we had a good comeback, but just can't score 6 runs with 1 out left. Our bullpen didn't do that bad. Ginter has become awesome.

So even though we lost there was some good things about the games. We just have to hope that this will be like the BoSox series, lose the 1st and get two wins in the next two games.

We lost though, so that SUCKS!

MattSharp
05-27-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Ginter has become awesome.

I was gonna make a post saying just this.....

GASHWOUND
05-27-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Hey we had a tough game, Wright didn't bring his "A" game, but don't expect him to do great ever time, but not this bad either. Think w/o the 1st inning we win.

The positives were we had a good comeback, but just can't score 6 runs with 1 out left. Our bullpen didn't do that bad. Ginter has become awesome.

So even though we lost there was some good things about the games. We just have to hope that this will be like the BoSox series, lose the 1st and get two wins in the next two games.

We lost though, so that SUCKS!

And with this lost we're back in 2nd, so it sucks even more

Garrison
05-28-2002, 12:09 AM
Danny looked awesome after his blow-up. Lots of strike outs and dominance (excluding the first inning of course). After that, the pitch count just got too high. JM used the pen perfectly. Howry was all right, but gave up two runs which sucked, and then Ginter was awesome! Two perfect innings. The guy has been pitching great of late and his ERA is steadily dropping and now below 3. Jerry's pinch hitters also came through. We actually sustained some late offense. By the end we had erased the first inning. I think that 6-0 that early was just too much to overcome no matter what. But at least we didn't roll over and die. So definately some positives out of this one. I am still looking at Buehrle vs. Clemens as the big game this series. Can't wait!