PDA

View Full Version : Swisher not a happy Yankee

Paulwny
03-25-2009, 01:00 PM
As things stand now, Girardi would play Nady in RF with Swisher on the bench.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-spyanks2412577326mar24,0,1604013.story

whitesox901
03-25-2009, 01:47 PM
I miss Swisher, but I don't miss him taking strike three or swinging at ball four in the dirt.

PatK
03-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Swisher is hitting much better than Nady this year (Avg and OBP of .257 and .400 to Nady's .239 and .271).

I think it's more based on what Nady did for the Yanks last year than anything

areilly
03-25-2009, 03:49 PM
I hope he does something wacky.

Uncle_Patrick
03-25-2009, 03:54 PM
If Swisher thought the Chicago media was too rough, he'll love NY.

CWSpalehoseCWS
03-25-2009, 04:10 PM
I think you have to feel somewhat sorry for him, we did trade him into a bad situation.

DirtySox
03-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Was he traded before Tex signed? I want to say he was.

oeo
03-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Swisher is hitting much better than Nady this year (Avg and OBP of .257 and .400 to Nady's .239 and .271).

I think it's more based on what Nady did for the Yanks last year than anything

He had a huge drop off after being dealt to the Yankees.

I think you have to feel somewhat sorry for him, we did trade him into a bad situation.

No they didn't. As was mentioned, he was traded before the Yankees signed Teixeira.

I don't think Swisher was happy here. If you ask me, I bet he asked Kenny for a trade. After the year he had, Kenny had to get what he could take, which blah...don't want to go there.

thomas35forever
03-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Don't be surprised to see him get traded again if he keeps up his sulking. It didn't work here and it won't work there.

SOXSINCE'70
03-25-2009, 06:47 PM
swinging at ball four in the dirt.

So that's how Fernando Rodney got him out.:)

slavko
03-25-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't think Swisher was happy here. If you ask me, I bet he asked Kenny for a trade. After the year he had, Kenny had to get what he could take, which blah...don't want to go there.

Nice insight. Really. But that's why we pay you.

DumpJerry
03-25-2009, 07:01 PM
If he's not happy being a baseball player with the Yankees, I'd gladly switch places with him.

Frater Perdurabo
03-25-2009, 07:19 PM
He's the "future considerations" the Sox are getting in return for Chris Stewart.

LoveYourSuit
03-25-2009, 08:45 PM
He's the "future considerations" the Sox are getting in return for Chris Stewart.

Honestly, now that you look at things, he might be a better option to lead off and play CF for us this season. That's how bad I think out CF leadoff situation is this year. Swisher looks like Kenny Lofton in his prime compared to what we have.

TDog
03-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Honestly, now that you look at things, he might be a better option to lead off and play CF for us this season. That's how bad I think out CF leadoff situation is this year. Swisher looks like Kenny Lofton in his prime compared to what we have.

The White Sox acquired Swisher to play center going into 2008. After the 2008 season, the White Sox couldn't wait to get rid of him.

LoveYourSuit
03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
The White Sox acquired Swisher to play center going into 2008. After the 2008 season, the White Sox couldn't wait to get rid of him.

False, the Sox picked up Swisher to play a corner OF position last year. The Sox never expected for CQ to be what he became.

WhiteSox1989
03-25-2009, 09:27 PM
I think trading Swisher to the Yankees was a smart move. He did bring some good memories from 2008 though.

CWSpalehoseCWS
03-25-2009, 09:32 PM
No they didn't. As was mentioned, he was traded before the Yankees signed Teixeira.

Was it really a surprise though that Tex signed with the Yankees?

Taliesinrk
03-25-2009, 09:36 PM

Please put that in teal. You've got to be joking..

oeo
03-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Was it really a surprise though that Tex signed with the Yankees?

Who knew at the time? Yankees fans didn't think it was going to happen after the Swisher trade happened. I don't even think the Yankees were named as the frontrunners at the time, although they were probably the only team out there actually offering that money. The Nationals, Orioles, Red Sox, and Angels were all other suitors that reportedly offered big money deals, then the Yanks "swooped" in. Not only that, why would the Yankees even want Swisher if they knew for sure they were going to get Teixeira?

This is all irrelevant, anyhow...the Sox didn't trade him into a bad situation. The Yankees put him into a bad situation afterwards.

LoveYourSuit
03-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Please put that in teal. You've got to be joking..

Teal indeed. I don't want the guy back. I hated him like a never have hated a Sox player.

But no teal for how bad our current CF situation is right now.

SBSoxFan
03-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Don't be surprised to see him get traded again if he keeps up his sulking. It didn't work here and it won't work there.

It looks like the Yankees are trying to trade Cabrera (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090325&content_id=4064588&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb) instead.

Apparently, the Yankees feel he'd be a perfect fit for the Sox. I guess a lot of people here might agree with them.

DSpivack
03-25-2009, 10:27 PM
It looks like the Yankees are trying to trade Cabrera (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090325&content_id=4064588&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb) instead.

Apparently, the Yankees feel he'd be a perfect fit for the Sox. I guess a lot of people here might agree with them.

Those aren't mutually exclusive possibilities. They're trying to trade Cabrera because Brett Gardner has moved ahead of him and is likely to start in CF, not to give Swisher more playing time.

oeo
03-25-2009, 10:36 PM

That must be the "future considerations" for Stewart. :redneck

BTW, it says the report, not the Yankees, said Cabrera would be a perfect fit for the Sox.

BainesHOF
03-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Swisher's a baby.

palehozenychicty
03-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Swisher is really a flash in the pan. He's got energy, but whatever. Him taking strike three got really old fast. He'll be back in Oakland within two years for a song.

hi im skot
03-25-2009, 11:21 PM
:shrug:

I wasn't happy watching him play late last year...

Nellie_Fox
03-25-2009, 11:55 PM
So that's how Fernando Rodney got him out.:tealtutor:

chisox123
03-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Ha ha, I'm just glad he's not here.:D:

Konerko05
03-26-2009, 02:03 AM
I love his quote about always bringing energy to the team, even while he isn't playing.

Is that what he was doing while sulking on the bench during a playoff push? Maybe he meant the energy he used to storm past his teammates into the clubhouse after a pinch hit strikeout during one of the most critical games of the season.

NLaloosh
03-26-2009, 09:38 AM
I think the Sox outfield would be much improved with the foursome of Cabrera, Quentin, Anderson and Dye.

Those are 4 legit big league OFers and 2 of them can truly play all 3 positions. There is depth to rest Dye and Quentin and good backup in case of injury.

Jerry Owens and Dwayne Wise do not belong starting on a Major League team. It's questionable whether they should be backups.

I would love for the Sox to trade Lance Broadway and Mike MacDougal along with Stewart for Melky. I think that would be a fair trade and it would help the Sox a lot.

doublem23
03-26-2009, 09:51 AM
I think the Sox outfield would be much improved with the foursome of Cabrera, Quentin, Anderson and Dye.

Those are 4 legit big league OFers and 2 of them can truly play all 3 positions. There is depth to rest Dye and Quentin and good backup in case of injury.

Jerry Owens and Dwayne Wise do not belong starting on a Major League team. It's questionable whether they should be backups.

And yet again, I have to question... What makes Anderson "a legit big league OF" and so clearly makes Owens and Wise out of the picture all together?

everafan
03-26-2009, 11:35 AM
What the article didn't mention is that Ozzie played Swisher until his production was so bad that he could not justify keeping him in the lineup - that was in Sept if I remember correctly. That's when he started sulking. It was the sulking that Ozzie criticized - not the performance. Mr HIgh Energy until things don't go his way.

beasly213
03-26-2009, 11:42 AM
I love his quote about always bringing energy to the team, even while he isn't playing.

Is that what he was doing while sulking on the bench during a playoff push? Maybe he meant the energy he used to storm past his teammates into the clubhouse after a pinch hit strikeout during one of the most critical games of the season.

I wonder if his energy helped his .210 average?

Thome25
03-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Boy for a so-called good clubhouse guy, he sure turned out to be Nick bitch-er (instead of Swisher.) for both us and the Yanks.

NLaloosh
03-26-2009, 12:30 PM
And yet again, I have to question... What makes Anderson "a legit big league OF" and so clearly makes Owens and Wise out of the picture all together?

And yet again, I can't bear to go into it anymore. But, maybe the mere fact that no other team wants either of Wise and Owens on their roster might signify something to you. Is any team interested in trading for either of them?

kaufsox
03-26-2009, 12:34 PM
My friend who is a big Yankee fan was really excited to get him until I pointed out that by August he couldn't break into the outfield ahead of Griffey, Anderson and Wise. That tempered his enthusiasm quite a bit. :D:

I don't see him lasting too long in NY either. Do you really see Jeter doing that hip bump crap? Neither do I...

Tragg
03-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Because he can play the position - that is why.

The other 2 cannot.

TDog
03-26-2009, 01:05 PM
False, the Sox picked up Swisher to play a corner OF position last year. The Sox never expected for CQ to be what he became.

Ignoring a statement from the Sox after the trade for for Swisher saying that he was acquired to play center. And, of course, Swisher had played center against the Sox while with Oakland in 2007.

As for revisionist history, I would prefer history revised to the degree that Swisher was never traded to the Sox in the first place, some parallel universe. I have no idea why some people here believed he would be a star with the Yankees in 2009.

soxinem1
03-26-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm sure PIT, SD, or WAS will be happy to have him if NYY paid some of the salary.