PDA

View Full Version : David Aardsma is competing for closer spot

sunofgold
03-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Incredibly. His stats as a reliever are bad, and the Mariners are considering him as a possibly closer. 0 career saves.

thedudeabides
03-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Incredibly. His stats as a reliever are bad, and the Mariners are considering him as a possibly closer. 0 career saves.

He seems to fool a new team every year, for a while. He will be exposed soon, he always is. Hopefully, not too soon, before we get to face him. :D:

jabrch
03-25-2009, 12:23 PM
The Ms are a wreck.

whitesox901
03-25-2009, 02:48 PM
When he was still in our organization, I think 2007, the Knights were in Toledo to play the Mudhens, and he closed the game (1-2-3 inning).

Britt Burns
03-25-2009, 05:03 PM
He is aawful.

Chez
03-25-2009, 05:07 PM
He throws really hard; and really straight!

JermaineDye05
03-25-2009, 05:09 PM
He was so good for the sox in 07 until Ozzie decided to try and have him close a game against the Tigers when we had a 2 or 3 run lead I believe. Good luck M's.

tsoxman
03-25-2009, 06:10 PM

He will have a good stretch or two, and then self destruct

amsteel
03-25-2009, 06:12 PM
He is aawful.
I don't know why, but this made me laugh hysterically.

I always liked Aardsma because at spring training 07 my friend asked him to autograph his driver's license as an organ donor witness and he did it.

CashMan
03-25-2009, 06:15 PM
I don't know why, but this made me laugh hysterically.

I always liked Aardsma because at spring training 07 my friend asked him to autograph his driver's license as an organ donor witness and he did it.

That is HOT!

thomas35forever
03-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Chalk up another 100-loss season for the Mariners. Ichiro is the only thing keeping that franchise relevant.

ComiskeyBrewer
03-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Chalk up another 100-loss season for the Mariners. Ichiro is the only thing keeping that franchise relevant.

That and King Felix.

SoxGirl4Life
03-25-2009, 07:39 PM
He was so good for the sox in 07 until Ozzie decided to try and have him close a game against the Tigers when we had a 2 or 3 run lead I believe. Good luck M's.

We didn't know it then, but that game foreshadowed the whole 2007 season.

jackbrohamer
03-26-2009, 10:17 AM
For some reason, I had a vague notion that he was pretty good for Boston last year. But he was brutal:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/a/aardsda01.shtml

NLaloosh
03-26-2009, 10:22 AM
If Seattle needs a closer that bad then let's send them MacDougal.

Thome_Fan
03-27-2009, 01:28 AM
If Seattle needs a closer that bad then let's send them MacDougal.

And we'll take Ichiro in return! :tongue:

waldo_the_wolf
03-29-2009, 05:49 AM
I remember 07 he was absolutely lights out with an ERA under 1 right up until the Wrigley Field series and it was obvious he was nervous about facing his old team. It was unbelievable how badly he got torched two straight days. That obviously destroyed his confidence there on out. It really hurt too since while he was pitching so well that April it looked like Sox fans might be able to make fun of the Cubs for trading him, especially since Neal Cotts has been so mediocre. The Sox do play the M's at the Cell in April so hopefully they can tee off on him, that'll feel good.

TDog
03-29-2009, 03:08 PM
I remember 07 he was absolutely lights out with an ERA under 1 right up until the Wrigley Field series and it was obvious he was nervous about facing his old team. It was unbelievable how badly he got torched two straight days. That obviously destroyed his confidence there on out. It really hurt too since while he was pitching so well that April it looked like Sox fans might be able to make fun of the Cubs for trading him, especially since Neal Cotts has been so mediocre. The Sox do play the M's at the Cell in April so hopefully they can tee off on him, that'll feel good.

Aardsma was lights out with an ERA under 1 until the April 27 game against the Tigers when he gave up a ninth-inning home run when he came in to close it out. He also gave up a late lead to the Twins in early May. He managed to keep his ERA below 2 before the Cubs series, but he was failing badly against division rivals in close games before he completely lost it in the Cubs series.

SoxGirl4Life
03-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Aardsma was lights out with an ERA under 1 until the April 27 game against the Tigers when he gave up a ninth-inning home run when he came in to close it out. He also gave up a late lead to the Twins in early May. He managed to keep his ERA below 2 before the Cubs series, but he was failing badly against division rivals in close games before he completely lost it in the Cubs series.

Please. Don't make me remember that part of that season. That David Aardsma meltdown in Detroit was the beginning of the end.