PDA

View Full Version : One positive for Wright tonight

CerberusWG
05-27-2002, 08:57 PM
He got ahead of hitters, which is very encouraging to see. Hopefully he can iron out his problems by his next start.

MattSharp
05-27-2002, 09:09 PM
You know its great that he did this, but this was his 11th start this season. He should have been doing this at the begining of the year. This is not the time to be looking at little positives. The Sox once again played a playoff contender and once again looked pitiful......

Chisox_cali
05-27-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
The Sox once again played a playoff contender and once again looked pitiful......

So the M's and the Red Sox are gonna miss the playoff's this year huh?

GASHWOUND
05-27-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
He got ahead of hitters, which is very encouraging to see. Hopefully he can iron out his problems by his next start.

Isn't Wright in hs pattern of 2 good starts, than 2 bad starts? He's right on schedule, he's had 2 good starts in a row, now it's time for his 2 bad starts in a row. Sheesh, what's up with that?!?!?

kevingrt
05-27-2002, 10:07 PM
The Sox once again played a playoff contender and once again looked pitiful......

So your sayin the BoSox and Mariners aren't playoff contenders. I don't understand that statement.

Chisox_cali
05-27-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt

So your sayin the BoSox and Mariners aren't playoff contenders. I don't understand that statement.

Didn't you read what I just said?!?! :D:

originally posted by me

So the M's and the Red Sox are gonna miss the playoff's this year huh?

Kilroy
05-27-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

Yeah, he did get ahead of them. That's what made me even more mad tonight, because he'd go 0-2 and then walk the guy, or get 1-2 and then get pounded. Those are the times when your location/command really helps you. The pitch high in the zone that looks too close to take, or the curve that could break back into the zone but you don't know. Those are out pitches, and D. Wrong didn't have one tonight. When he started trying to throw those pitches, he missed so bad that the hitters didn't have to guess.

Tragg
05-27-2002, 10:51 PM
To me, he pitched just like Ritchie - too much over the plate, too little (way to little) inside, or at the shoulders, etc.. In the first inning, he Kd Ventura with a high fastball - never saw him go back that way.

But, this was the first time i saw him pitch, and it looks like he has good velocity - he's young. I like him.

Garrison
05-27-2002, 11:03 PM
Excluding the godawful first inning, Danny pitched well afterward. He struck out quite a few guys and looked good after he got the blow-up out of his system. He's too predictable. Rooney was calling his pitches before he made them. Yes, Wright got ahead of hitters and then got spanked. He was up 0-2 on one of the two first-inning walks and it turned into ball four a few pitches later. He gets ahead very well and then suddenly he can't get them out and ends up throwing up a cookie on 3-2 or walking them. I just don't get the inconsistencies. I understand that he's young and that most of our staff is, but how can they all be so inconsistent and in a pattern too!? Ginter looked awesome out of the pen. Two perfect innings. I thought that JM used the bullpen perfectly. Nice job guy!

voodoochile
05-27-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Yeah, he did get ahead of them. That's what made me even more mad tonight, because he'd go 0-2 and then walk the guy, or get 1-2 and then get pounded. Those are the times when your location/command really helps you. The pitch high in the zone that looks too close to take, or the curve that could break back into the zone but you don't know. Those are out pitches, and D. Wrong didn't have one tonight. When he started trying to throw those pitches, he missed so bad that the hitters didn't have to guess.

Pounded? The two doubles in the first were as soft as doubles come, 5 bouncers down the line that found a hole. He really only made a couple of mistakes, but the Yankees timely hitting was head and shoulders above the Sox tonight. That was the whole difference in the game. They scored 5 runs with two outs in the first, meanwhile the Sox had 8 baserunners the first 3 innings and scored 1 run...

Kilroy
05-27-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Pounded? The two doubles in the first were as soft as doubles come, 5 bouncers down the line that found a hole.

We must have seen different doubles in the first inning. The one by Jeter was past Jose before he even moved, and the same for the one that went by PK. The balls were hit very hard, just not elevated.

voodoochile
05-27-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

We must have seen different doubles in the first inning. The one by Jeter was past Jose before he even moved, and the same for the one that went by PK. The balls were hit very hard, just not elevated.

Maybe I missed it, I was watching on a smaller screen than I am used to and I was tired. They looked like well place grounders, but I may have been wrong...

Iguana775
05-28-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Maybe I missed it, I was watching on a smaller screen than I am used to and I was tired. They looked like well place grounders, but I may have been wrong...

i thought they were pretty hard hit myself. :)