PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 2009 WSI "Toast to the Season" Fling - 4/4

chisoxfanatic
03-23-2009, 10:05 PM
The season is approaching quickly. The Stage is set for Mark Buehrle to begin his Cy Young-winning season, for AJ Pierzynski to win the MVP award, and for Alexei Ramirez and Brian Anderson to win Golden Glove awards. Of course, our Sox will win 162 regular season games and 11 postseason games. There's plenty to talk about!

Join us for the official 2009 WSI "Toast to the Season" fling. The specifics:

Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009
Time: 7 pm
Setting: Morgan's (Maxwell & Halsted) -- Street Parking is available, as well as a parking garage 1/2 block east of the place on Maxwell St.

Hope to see all of you there! Mods, please sticky if possible.

Brian26
03-23-2009, 10:13 PM
and for Alexei Ramirez and Brian Anderson to win Golden Glove awards.

Is Alexei boxing in the flyweight or bantamweight division this year?

chisoxfanatic
03-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Is Alexei boxing in the flyweight or bantamweight division this year?
Minimumweight

DumpJerry
03-23-2009, 10:39 PM
At Facebook, I'm a member of the group "Somebody Should Give Alexei Ramirez a Cheeseburger."

This could be our opportunity!

chisoxfanatic
03-23-2009, 10:50 PM
At Facebook, I'm a member of the group "Somebody Should Give Alexei Ramirez a Cheeseburger."

This could be our opportunity!
He'll have a game a couple days later. We don't want him suffering a large vomiting bout beforehand. On the other hand, we can always make an "extra special" cheeseburger for Carlos Gomez.

guillensdisciple
03-24-2009, 10:29 AM
**** not being 21.

all*star quentin
03-24-2009, 01:47 PM
**** not being 21.

I just called Morgans 312-243-4800, any age until 10pm and then it's 21.

ChiSoxGirl
03-24-2009, 08:41 PM
These gatherings are always a good time, especially the ones that occur just 36 hours prior to Opening Day! I'd love to meet some more WSIers, so come on out; Morgan's is an all-ages place 'til 10p.

doublem23
03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Another weekend that I'm working! :(:

I'll make it to the Christmas Party this year. And the Party before the Championship Parade.

chisoxfanatic
03-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Another weekend that I'm working! :(:

I'll make it to the Christmas Party this year. And the Party before the Championship Parade.
Cheer up, doub. You'll be back in Chicago soon, and then you'll be able to make these gatherings!

DumpJerry
03-24-2009, 09:22 PM
I have a conflict that night. I'll have to see what can be done.....

DirtySox
03-24-2009, 09:28 PM
I might be in town that weekend depending on school conflicts.

JB98
03-24-2009, 09:30 PM
I won't have to work. Should be able to make it, unless something comes up.

It would be nice to make up some commemorative "The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers," T-Shirts. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to do that.

chisoxfanatic
03-24-2009, 10:52 PM
It would be nice to make up some commemorative "The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers," T-Shirts. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to do that.
We could always use that as our toasting slogan instead. :smile:

getonbckthr
03-25-2009, 12:11 AM
He'll have a game a couple days later. We don't want him suffering a large vomiting bout beforehand. On the other hand, we can always make an "extra special" cheeseburger for Carlos Gomez.
Seemed to work for Willie Beamen.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
03-25-2009, 01:39 PM
I could be able to make it. I'll have to see, though.

whitesox901
03-27-2009, 04:42 AM
I think it should be in Toledo this year....just sayin' :D:

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Damn - am catching a 7:30 flight to SF on Sunday, otherwise I'd make it....and I had to give up my Opening Day tix since I'll be in SF til Friday. Have fun everyone. :angry::D:

SOXfnNlansing
03-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Well, if I'm able to quit the job I'm starting this Monday by then, I'll be there.:gulp:

Cuck the Fubs
03-30-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm going to try and make it out :cool:

whitesoxwilkes
03-30-2009, 11:17 AM
I'll be in Mexico, but will raise a glass in y'all's honor.

soxstarter
03-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Ahhhh forsooth, I will be involved in another might of theatre antics with the last weekend of our production of "Murder On The Orient Express." You guys have a great time without me. :?: I will see you on opening day!

nasox
03-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Sweet. I live in the area.

ChiSoxGirl
03-30-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm going to try and make it out :cool:

You better! What would this gathering be without our resident winter hater?! :wink: I'm a winter hater, too, but I certainly didn't vocalize it as well as you do.

JB98
03-30-2009, 08:41 PM
You better! What would this gathering be without our resident winter hater?! :wink: I'm a winter hater, too, but I certainly didn't vocalize it as well as you do.

And I'll be there to accuse you all of being babies. :D:

ChiSoxGirl
03-30-2009, 08:44 PM
And I'll be there to accuse you all of being babies. :D:

Call me a baby if you want, but I totally have that Seasonal Effectiveness Disorder. As the weather gets better, so does my mood; when the weather sucks, well... you know how it goes. :wink:

chisoxfanatic
03-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Ok, I guess this wouldn't be the best time to inform all of you that I have bought a snow-making machine, and I have cleared with the manager of Morgans to allow me to bring the thing INSIDE the establishment.

JB98
03-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Call me a baby if you want, but I totally have that Seasonal Effectiveness Disorder. As the weather gets better, so does my mood; when the weather sucks, well... you know how it goes. :wink:

AHHHHHH!!!!!

I think you mean "seasonal affective disorder." As a copy editor/writer by trade, I just had a kittle42 moment there.

I happen to think I'm very effective as a copy editor. :D:

JB98
03-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Ok, I guess this wouldn't be the best time to inform all of you that I have bought a snow-making machine, and I have cleared with the manager of Morgans to allow me to bring the thing INSIDE the establishment.

That sounds like a waste of money. Now you probably won't be able to afford any Blackhawks playoff tickets. Pity.

ChiSoxGirl
03-30-2009, 08:50 PM
AHHHHHH!!!!!

I think you mean "seasonal affective disorder." As a copy editor/writer by trade, I just had a kittle42 moment there.

Those two words are the ones I can never decipher between. I was an English minor and am on the WSI Writing Staff. I'm totally embarrassed right now. :redface:

JB98
03-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Those two words are the ones I can never decipher between. I was an English minor and am on the WSI Writing Staff. I'm totally embarrassed right now. :redface:

That's all right. I have a degree in journalism, and I've had mistakes like that appear in print. **** happens, and I'm just giving you a hard time anyway. :tongue:

ChiSoxGirl
03-30-2009, 08:52 PM
That's all right. I have a degree in journalism, and I've had mistakes like that appear in print. **** happens, and I'm just giving you a hard time anyway. :tongue:

Sounds good! I'm looking forward to meeting you on Saturday night. See you then!

chisoxfanatic
03-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Just remember that winter makes you SAD, so Affective is the word!

ChiSoxGirl
03-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Just remember that winter makes you SAD, so Affective is the word!

I'll likely never again forget which of those two words makes up the disorder. Thanks!

guillensdisciple
03-30-2009, 09:05 PM
I will try to make it, but how will the seating arrangements work? Doesn't the place get packed on a Saturday night?

chisoxfanatic
03-30-2009, 09:08 PM
I will try to make it, but how will the seating arrangements work? Doesn't the place get packed on a Saturday night?
First come, first serve. Most of the time, we don't sit down very much. We basically use a table or two to put our coats upon. If you can't find us, just start asking people around the place if they're part of the WSI gathering. We don't bite!

ChiSoxGirl
03-30-2009, 09:08 PM

With it starting at 7p, I think someone will be there early enough to snag some seats. And if worst comes to worst, some of us will just stand- that's how it usually goes anyway.

guillensdisciple
03-30-2009, 09:11 PM
First come, first serve. Most of the time, we don't sit down very much. We basically use a table or two to put our coats upon. If you can't find us, just start asking people around the place if they're part of the WSI gathering. We don't bite!

With it starting at 7p, I think someone will be there early enough to snag some seats. And if worst comes to worst, some of us will just stand- that's how it usually goes anyway.

Thanks, I can't guarantee I will be there, but I will try to. I just know I am going to be so lonely without beer if I go. Sigh.

JB98
03-30-2009, 09:12 PM

The Final Four games are going on Saturday night. I suppose that could bring a bigger crowd to the bars, but I don't know enough about this place to know whether it will be full of basketball fans or not.

ChiSoxGirl
03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks, I can't guarantee I will be there, but I will try to. I just know I am going to be so lonely without beer if I go. Sigh.

Well, hopefully you can make it out. The more the merrier! :cheers: (soda for you :wink:)

The Final Four games are going on Saturday night. I suppose that could bring a bigger crowd to the bars, but I don't know enough about this place to know whether it will be full of basketball fans or not.

Yikes... I forgot about that. Well, we'll be easily spotted in our Sox gear, so those of you who are planning on coming out and have never met any of us from the board before, you'll be able to find us without a problem.

JB98
03-30-2009, 09:25 PM

Beer? Pffftttt....I don't drink beer. I don't think chisoxfanatic is fond of beer either.

chisoxfanatic
03-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Beer? Pffftttt....I don't drink beer. I don't think chisoxfanatic is fond of beer either.
That is correct. It's too damn bitter and even a couple ounces of it makes me nauseous. Ick!

Cuck the Fubs
03-30-2009, 09:53 PM

I cannot take any responsibility for any of my actions if this above statement is in fact true :angry::angry::angry:

I will do my best to make it out there...

voodoochile
03-30-2009, 09:57 PM
AHHHHHH!!!!!

You'd think that would be easy to remember as it's better known by it's abbreviation SAD (like depressed). No one ever gets SED, do they?

guillensdisciple
03-30-2009, 10:12 PM

That is correct. It's too damn bitter and even a couple ounces of it makes me nauseous. Ick!

Not much of a hard alcohol person. I have figured out that hard alcohol is often the difference between having an exceptional time to having a time spent next to the toilet.

Until I can teach myself proper etiquette with hard alcohol, I won't touch it anytime soon.

ChiSoxGirl
04-04-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm just reminding everyone about tonight's gathering! We're a fun bunch, so come on out. We'll toast Mother Nature to send us some better weather for Christmas Day #2 and if she doesn't, we'll also vow to kick her ass. :tongue:

I may get there a little later than 7p- it all depends on what time 5p Palm Sunday Mass gets out and how bad traffic is going into the City. See everyone tonight!

chisoxfanatic
04-04-2009, 06:06 PM
I'll be there a little later than 7 as well. I'll leave this place shortly after Coach's Corner ends on Hockey Night In Canada.

SOXfnNlansing
04-05-2009, 01:33 AM
Hope you guys had a blast. I had to work tonight:(:

chisoxfanatic
04-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Hope you guys had a blast. I had to work tonight:(:
JB98, ChiSoxGirl, DumpJerry, and minutia were there, and it was cool. Too bad you had to work!