PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Danks

balke
03-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Someone mentioned his name in another thread. I'm under the impression that the Sox did finally sign him. Is this true? Has he made any Spring Training appearances? Anything worth noting about him so far?

It'd be great if the Sox could look forward to a great CFer coming from within in the next couple years.

Frater Perdurabo
03-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Yes, he did sign with the Sox. I cannot comment on his spring training performance, though.

oeo
03-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Someone mentioned his name in another thread. I'm under the impression that the Sox did finally sign him. Is this true? Has he made any Spring Training appearances? Anything worth noting about him so far?

It'd be great if the Sox could look forward to a great CFer coming from within in the next couple years.

I'm fairly certain he's spent the entire Spring Training in the minor league camp. He had a good stint at the end of the year and in the AFL last year, though.

DirtySox
03-22-2009, 06:52 PM
I believe he played in one game with the big club during spring training and went 2 for 4 if I recall correctly.

Konerko05
03-22-2009, 06:53 PM

He played ten games for Kannapolis (low A) last season. He hit .325 in his short stint. He also hit extremely well in the AFL, but it seems like just about everyone does.

I believe he played a couple games in early ST, but nothing noteworthy.

Sockinchisox
03-22-2009, 06:54 PM
He signed late last year and played in 10 games at Kanny. He appeared in one game in Spring Training but has probably spent his time in the minor league camp.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Jordan%20Danks&pos=OF&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=458668

DumpJerry
03-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Many scouts still think he has a good future in MLB, probably getting called up in 2010.

Quentin4prez
03-22-2009, 08:37 PM
I believe he played in one game with the big club during spring training and went 2 for 4 if I recall correctly.
yes he did i think it was a b game though maybe the one against australia?