PDA

View Full Version : Beckham's blog.

JermaineDye05
03-20-2009, 05:03 PM
http://whitesoxprospect.mlblogs.com/

The most recent one is pretty funny, I rather liked the references to Matt Foley.

KenBerryGrab
03-20-2009, 07:22 PM
So nice.

whitesox901
03-21-2009, 03:12 AM
lol I liked it

pythons007
03-21-2009, 09:51 AM
I love all the quotes from deep thoughts with jack handy from the good days of SNL. Matt Foley is a classic character.

I think I'm really going to like this kid when he joins the big club.

geraldfritz
03-21-2009, 09:40 PM
that was good for a chuckle. I like this kid more and more.

esbrechtel
03-22-2009, 12:36 PM
I cannot wait til he is in a Sox uni during the regular season...

sox1970
03-22-2009, 12:40 PM
I cannot wait til he is in a Sox uni during the regular season...

I hope he's not up until September. That means Ramirez and Getz had great years.

nug0hs
03-22-2009, 01:51 PM
From almost every quote I've seen from him, it sounds like he is a downer. He is always saying things like "I knew I had no chance" or, in the wake of the Getz news, "I didn't have high hopes anyway". Whats up with all this?

CashMan
03-22-2009, 01:59 PM
From almost every quote I've seen from him, it sounds like he is a downer. He is always saying things like "I knew I had no chance" or, in the wake of the Getz news, "I didn't have high hopes anyway". Whats up with all this?

Or, he isn't putting pressure on himself.

DirtySox
03-22-2009, 02:22 PM

You haven't read much about/from this kid then.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/1488902,CST-SPT-sox22.article

He is quite confident, bordering cocky. He knows he belongs, but in this case he's being realistic.

DirtySox
04-01-2009, 10:52 AM
http://whitesoxprospect.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/04/more_cowbell.html

Updated today.

esbrechtel
04-01-2009, 11:04 AM
What a class act...I cannot wait until he is with the big club I have a feeling he will be wearing a sox uni for a very long time :D:

Thome25
04-01-2009, 11:19 AM
That blog is awesome........I'm proud of my username because of the kind of guy that Thome is.......that banter between Beckham and AJ is classic. It's like something right out of the movie "Major League" or "Bull Durham".

Some of the smartass stuff that comes out of AJ is something you would expect Crash Davis to do or say. I, like every other White Sox fan thoroughly enjoy AJ.

WhiteSox5187
04-01-2009, 03:13 PM
That last paragraph was some really good writing! I haven't seen him play a single game but Beckham is now one of my favorite players!

And he's right about those guys who are using kids to get signed autographs, pretty sad.

Metalthrasher442
04-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I cannot wait to see this kid play. I mean absolutely cannot wait. Only scary thought is there is no fit for him right now. Great players like to be pleased.. and I think he will only be pleased at short. Ozzie loves Alexei at short. Very scary thoughts. Beckham will probably leave the Sox so he can play short stop some where else.

DirtySox
04-01-2009, 07:23 PM
I think he will only be pleased at short. Beckham will probably leave the Sox so he can play short stop some where else.

I wouldn't think this is true. He isn't averse to playing other positions, and during spring training he said he would even consider a move to the outfield if it got him to the big leagues faster.

Milw
04-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Dude really loves his SNL.

Beckham would be smart to embrace a long-term move to 2B, IMO. Nothing against Chris Getz, but Beckham could be a superstar at second, given the general lack of quality second basemen in MLB. A lot more competition at SS.

oeo
04-01-2009, 09:44 PM
I cannot wait to see this kid play. I mean absolutely cannot wait. Only scary thought is there is no fit for him right now. Great players like to be pleased.. and I think he will only be pleased at short. Ozzie loves Alexei at short. Very scary thoughts. Beckham will probably leave the Sox so he can play short stop some where else.

Beckham doesn't have a choice of where he plays. Anyways, I doubt he feels like that. He's 22 years old and I'm sure would be ecstatic playing where ever in the big leagues.

While I'd like to see Alexei in CF tried out, why is Alexei at SS so scary? I've only heard good things about him there. :shrug:

Dibbs
04-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I really like this guy a lot. I had a chance to meet him at spring training and he seemed really cool and had fun interacting with the fans.

I do disagree with what he says though about people asking for an autograph on the sweet spot. I always ask for an autograph on the sweet spot (although I rarely get an autograph), but I would never sell a baseball. I don't think it is wrong for a father to teach his child about the sweet spot on a baseball either. I do it for my personal enjoyment looking at them on my shelf. :smile:

Metalthrasher442
04-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Beckham doesn't have a choice of where he plays. Anyways, I doubt he feels like that. He's 22 years old and I'm sure would be ecstatic playing where ever in the big leagues.

While I'd like to see Alexei in CF tried out, why is Alexei at SS so scary? I've only heard good things about him there. :shrug:

No I just meant not having Beckham anymore is the scary thought haha.