PDA

View Full Version : Ambidextrous Pitcher

whitesox901
03-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Pat Venditte is a pitching prospect in the New York Yankees organization, he pitches both left and right, very cool, very interesting.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8U2xkHOTvvw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8U2xkHOTvvw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Marqhead
03-19-2009, 10:48 PM
It's the holy grail of pitching.

MarkZ35
03-19-2009, 11:02 PM
The first thing that I thought of was how they changed his glove. I didn't know if they brought him a different glove in the middle of an inning but that is a pretty cool glove he has.

Frater Perdurabo
03-20-2009, 07:18 AM
It would be great if he makes it to the majors. I just wish it wasn't with the Yankees.

Billy Ashley
03-20-2009, 09:37 AM
A couple of people have actually been able to do this already, but it's a pretty rare ability.

The last pitcher to do so what in the 80's, I believe. I'm not belittling the feat by stating it's been done before, just think of how many no hitters have been thrown since then.

Unfortunately, he's not much of a prospect- or so I've read.

That glove is cool, it looks like a the top of a lacrosse stick

getonbckthr
03-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Maybe it was this kid but I remember seeing either a college or minor league game where it was a switch pitcher vs switch hitter. Everytime 1 would commit the other would switch.

Eddo144
03-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Maybe it was this kid but I remember seeing either a college or minor league game where it was a switch pitcher vs switch hitter. Everytime 1 would commit the other would switch.
I believe MLB has a rule that once you see one pitch from a side of the plate, you cannot switch, even if a pitching change is made.

I would assume there's a rule like that for pitchers, too. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

oeo
03-20-2009, 02:42 PM
I believe MLB has a rule that once you see one pitch from a side of the plate, you cannot switch, even if a pitching change is made.

I would assume there's a rule like that for pitchers, too. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you can switch after a pitching change; it's so rare that it would happen, so I'm not sure. However, I remember seeing what getonbckthr is talking about, and it was before a pitch was even thrown. They just kept going back and forth, the pitcher was getting ticked.

Here it is, it is the same guy:
-2oD8KzxS14