PDA

View Full Version : cubs vs White Sox 3/21 ROLL CALL

SOXfnNlansing
03-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Our big exciting weekend is finally here. I'll be going dark here in an hour, so I won't have access to the site:mad:. I have westsider's number and he has mine. Can't wait to hang out with as many WSI'ers as I can. I'll be at the game Wednesday and Thursday also.

Sat: sec1 row3 Wed & Thr: sec25 row3. Feel free to stop by and say hi. Mike

manders_01
03-19-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm at tomorrow's game (Sec 18, Row 7, Seat 4), Saturday's (on the berm with MarySwiss) and Sunday (away game). I'm looking forward to it as well and hope to meet a few of you at the tailgate Saturday.

Let's go SOX!!! :bandance:

grenda12
03-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Just got into Glendale about an hour ago. Will be at the game tomorrow and Saturday.

chidavid18
03-20-2009, 12:45 AM
i have great seats.

MarySwiss
03-20-2009, 09:48 AM
As Manders said, we'll be on the berm (left field most of the time, I think).
Let's go, Sox; kick some Cubbie butt!! :bandance:

Whappeh
03-20-2009, 11:37 AM
I've been out here all week, and see nothing but losses! Things need to turn around!

I'll be in Section 5 somewhere, I'm not near my tickets right now. Hopefully see someone around, or at least see some fun time photos!

WestSider
03-20-2009, 12:11 PM
This info was posted in another thread, so I thought I would dup. it over here, as this is the thread dedicated to the March 21 game.

Saturday March 21 vs. Cubs. TAILGATING Starting about 11:00am
In the lot at 111th and Camelback, which is WEST of the lot at 107th and Camelback. I'm told it is much closer to the stadium entrance, and it is paved. (see the link below for reference).

You should BYO everything (except a grill, which we will have). We will be in a van, but how can you find us? I have a bunch of balloons that I will tape to the top of the car!! I can't imagine any other car with balloons on top!

See you all there!

Link: http://www.mysportsscoop.com/v/?p=1835
Tip — don’t take the first parking entrance, just past 107th street. You’ll park in the dirt. (Unless, you want to park in dirt. if so, go for it.) Go to “Ballpark Boulevard,” west of the complex. You’ll be directed into a paved lot. It’s 5-bucks.

sox1970
03-20-2009, 02:29 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/03/traffic-advisory-for-saturdays-cubswhite-sox-game-at-camelback-ranch.html

SOXfnNlansing
03-20-2009, 08:55 PM
We'll be there looking for a van with tons of balloons! There are 8 of us. I'll be wearing my AJ home jersey. We have tickets in 123 row 3 also, so I'll be bouncing around from there and sec1 (in far right field near the berm). See you around 11am. We'll take the traffic trouble in consideration as to not be getting there late.:gulp:

MarySwiss
03-20-2009, 09:10 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/03/traffic-advisory-for-saturdays-cubswhite-sox-game-at-camelback-ranch.html

We'll be there looking for a van with tons of balloons! There are 8 of us. I'll be wearing my AJ home jersey. We have tickets in 123 row 3 also, so I'll be bouncing around from there and sec1 (in far right field near the berm). See you around 11am. We'll take the traffic trouble in consideration as to not be getting there late.:gulp:

Damn! We'll be getting there at the last second since I have my banjo lesson earlier in Mesa. Manders says she'll have her pink hat on and I'll be in Konerko road with the WS patch and a WS Champs hat. I'll also be carrying a green mitt.

How about if we all carry signs that say, WSI?

manders_01
03-20-2009, 10:04 PM
As Manders said, we'll be on the berm (left field most of the time, I think).
Let's go, Sox; kick some Cubbie butt!! :bandance:

Yeah, so the guy who wrote the article clearly has never been to CR! Sitting in the left field berm will requir e us to look into the sun the entire game! Mary, you were totally right - we need to be in right field. And it sounds like my friend is interested in the tailgate so we will probably see everyone sometime before the game.

So even though it was a loss, being at today's game was great! If the guy whos son's leg I pinched in the seat or the guy I spilled beer on while letting the kid's leg out of between the seat are posters - I'm so sorry! And either someone sold their WSI shirt or there is poster who wouldn't admit they are - thanks dude - that was rude!

MarySwiss
03-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Yeah, so the guy who wrote the article clearly has never been to CR! Sitting in the left field berm will requir e us to look into the sun the entire game! Mary, you were totally right - we need to be in right field. And it sounds like my friend is interested in the tailgate so we will probably see you around 11.So even though it was a loss, being at today's game was great! If the guy who's son I pinched in the seat or the guy I spilled beer on while letting the kid's leg out of between the seat are posters - I'm so sorry! And either someone sold their WSI shirt or there is poster who wouldn't admit they are - thanks dude - that was rude!

Sorry, Manders! The Mr and I will most likely miss the tailgate because of my banjo lesson. (These are the sacrifices I make for my art!) But we'll look for you in the right field berm, and I'm glad you enjoyed the Friday game. Obviously, you got the car rental thing worked out.

I liked Tucson, but isn't that park awesome?

manders_01
03-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Sorry, Manders! The Mr and I will most likely miss the tailgate because of my banjo lesson. (These are the sacrifices I make for my art!) But we'll look for you in the right field berm, and I'm glad you enjoyed the Friday game. Obviously, you got the car rental thing worked out.

I liked Tucson, but isn't that park awesome?

LOL After I wrote that I went and edited it cause I thought, "Mary's gonna think I think she and Mr. are tailgating and I know they're not!" So yeah, I knew (unfortunately) you will not be tailgating.

The park is really nice and grounds themselves are freakin huge!!!

MarySwiss
03-20-2009, 11:09 PM
LOL After I wrote that I went and edited it cause I thought, "Mary's gonna think I think she and Mr. are tailgating and I know they're not!" So yeah, I knew (unfortunately) you will not be tailgating.

The park is really nice and grounds themselves are freakin huge!!!

I wish I could tailgate, but I can't blow off this banjo lesson because I'm blowing off the one in two weeks in order to go watch the Sox/D'Backs at Chase. These lessons cost money!

See ya tomorrow in the right field berm!

MarySwiss
03-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Okay, here's the deal. I'm bringing a posterboard that will read "WSI?"

Hopefully, that will simplify matters!

Whappeh
03-21-2009, 01:35 AM
Okay, here's the deal. I'm bringing a posterboard that will read "WSI?"

Hopefully, that will simplify matters! If I see you I'll say hi. I just hope to see a win, I'm 0-2 on this trip!

MarySwiss
03-21-2009, 12:45 PM
I wonder if that very strange Cubs fan will be there? I saw her a couple of years ago at the game in Tucson. Skinny; stringy grayish-blonde hair; dazed expression on her face; likes to wander around the concourse. You'll be able to spot her by the license plate that reads "Sox Suck" that she wears on a string around her neck. (Seriously!)

RockyMtnSoxFan
03-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Just out of curiosity, why isn't there a game thread going?

JB98
03-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Just out of curiosity, why isn't there a game thread going?

Three theories:
1. It's a sunny spring day in Chicago and people are outside.
2. People are watching the NCAA tournament.
3. The Sox are getting killed and no one wants to talk about it.

SoxandtheCityTee
03-21-2009, 06:53 PM
3. The Sox are getting killed and no one wants to talk about it.

Walked in the door, turned on the TV just in time to hear Hawk say, " . . .and this game mercifully draws to a close." :(: Never what you're hoping for. Maybe I'll skip the DVR recording.

Lip Man 1
03-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Sox:

Do yourself a favor and skip it. In fact burn all the recordings from this past week.

They need to start turning it up since the season opens in two weeks.

Lip

WHILEPITCH
03-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Positives today though. A few questionmark guys contributed, like Getz Fields Wise.

SoxandtheCityTee
03-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I took a look at the bad inning to see how much of that was Burls. Yikes.

EnglishChiSox
03-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Sox:

Do yourself a favor and skip it. In fact burn all the recordings from this past week.

Lip

Still a long time, as long as they are all healthy and ready to go on the 6th, that is all that is important.

MarySwiss
03-21-2009, 07:19 PM
I just got home from this--well, I guess you could call it a game. I managed to meet up with Manders01, but the place was crazy-nuts, so meeting up with others was impossible.

SOXfnNlansing, I did see your van with the balloons as we pulled into the lot, but that was after the game had already started, so you guys were probably already inside. Besides, we wound up parking about 50 miles or so from the main gate, so by the time we trudged back, all we wanted to do was get a couple of beers!

Two things of note:

1) Ronnie Woo-Woo wandering the concourse in his "uni" with his arm around an adoring twenty-something in a Cubbie shirt. At least I didn't hear him "Woo." Thank God!

2) A young Cub fan--maybe 10 or 11--looked at the scoreboard and asked his father, "Dad, how did the Cubs score 32 runs?" (At that point, it was 5-1, and the Cubs had scored 3 in the third and 2 in the fourth.) That was actually kind of cute. Didn't hear the father's explanation.

So now I've been to two games at Camelback Ranch. The experiences were vastly different. I'm planning to write an article for WSI on how they differed. It will not be entirely favorable.

DumpJerry
03-21-2009, 07:22 PM
2) A young Cub fan--maybe 10 or 11--looked at the scoreboard and asked his father, "Dad, how did the Cubs score 32 runs?" (At that point, it was 5-1, and the Cubs had scored 3 in the third and 2 in the fourth.) That was actually kind of cute. Didn't hear the father's explanation.
If the kid was older, I would have told him that it is March. March is when the Cubs score runs. October is when they don't.

MarySwiss
03-21-2009, 08:07 PM
2) a young cub fan--maybe 10 or 11--looked at the scoreboard and asked his father, "dad, how did the cubs score 32 runs?" (at that point, it was 5-1, and the cubs had scored 3 in the third and 2 in the fourth.) that was actually kind of cute. Didn't hear the father's explanation.

So now i've been to two games at camelback ranch. The experiences were vastly different. I'm planning to write an article for wsi on how they differed. It will not be entirely favorable.

if the kid was older, i would have told him that it is march. March is when the cubs score runs. October is when they don't.

lol!

WhiteSox1989
03-21-2009, 09:10 PM
If the kid was older, I would have told him that it is March. March is when the Cubs score runs. October is when they don't.

nice!

Medford Bobby
03-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Sox:

Lip
I was at the Tuesday St. Pat's Day game(at TEP) and the Sox came to life in the 9th and tied it, but after that.........:mad:

JB98
03-22-2009, 12:40 AM
For awhile there, the Sox were stringing together a few victories. I was wondering what was wrong. Now, they are back to the usual spring training routine of getting their asses kicked every day.

The Sox never do well in spring training. Every year, we have March threads about the need "to turn it up." It really doesn't matter. My guess is the Sox will continue to get the living **** kicked out of them every day for the next two weeks. Then, when the season opens, they'll be competitive all year.

Lip Man 1
03-22-2009, 01:13 AM
Of course that didn't hold true in 2001, 2002 and 2007 did it?

Lip

WestSider
03-22-2009, 11:48 AM
SOXfnNlansing, I did see your van with the balloons as we pulled into the lot, but that was after the game had already started, so you guys were probably already inside. Besides, we wound up parking about 50 miles or so from the main gate, so by the time we trudged back, all we wanted to do was get a couple of beers!

We got there about 11:00am and the paved lot was full already! SOXfnNlansing had saved us a spot! THANKS! We put the balloons up but no one else stopped by.

Needless to say, the tailgating was better than the game. The only positive thing was that the Cubs fans were not as obnoxious as they usually are. Must be Spring Training for them being irritating as well.

We'll be at the Sox - A's today in Phoenix and the Sox - Indians game in Goodyear on Tuesday. I'll put a couple of balloons on the antenna of the car we will be in, if anyone sees them and wants to stop by and say hi.

MarySwiss
03-22-2009, 12:29 PM
We got there about 11:00am and the paved lot was full already! SOXfnNlansing had saved us a spot! THANKS! We put the balloons up but no one else stopped by.

Needless to say, the tailgating was better than the game. The only positive thing was that the Cubs fans were not as obnoxious as they usually are. Must be Spring Training for them being irritating as well.

We'll be at the Sox - A's today in Phoenix and the Sox - Indians game in Goodyear on Tuesday. I'll put a couple of balloons on the antenna of the car we will be in, if anyone sees them and wants to stop by and say hi.

I'm going to that Sox/Tribe game with my Cleveland fan friend. If we get there early enough, we'll look for you. Will you have a cooler? If so, I'll bring some beers to toss into the mix. ($13.00 for 2 semi-cold Miller Lites at the game yesterday!!! Yikes!!!)

He has the tickets, so I don't know where the seats are, but I'll be in my Pierzynski Halfway-to-St. Pat's pinstripe with the green Sox cap. Probably won't be too many people garbed like that, but I just can't resist! :D:

Foulke You
03-22-2009, 03:34 PM
For awhile there, the Sox were stringing together a few victories. I was wondering what was wrong. Now, they are back to the usual spring training routine of getting their asses kicked every day.

The Sox never do well in spring training. Every year, we have March threads about the need "to turn it up." It really doesn't matter. My guess is the Sox will continue to get the living **** kicked out of them every day for the next two weeks. Then, when the season opens, they'll be competitive all year.
Very true. Usually it was the D'backs and Rockies that would hand it to us in Tucson every Spring in recent Sox Spring Trainings. I also think we went 8W-18L in Cactus last year if memory serves and ended up winning the division. It's hard to go by results in Spring Training. When the team heads north, there will be no Jack Egberts pitching or Ben Broussards playing 1B. That being said, it is never good to get clobbered 13-2.

manders_01
03-23-2009, 12:28 AM

Argh - my fault for not checking WSI this morning, I could have met up. Sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you Saturday but we ended up way far away. Did get to see MarySwiss and SOXfnNlansing so that was nice. The final score stunk but my friend and I enjoyed the game.

Terribly worried about third - I was at three games and I saw three lousy showings. :(: